FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HUD 5 Year Plan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HUD 5 Year Plan
    Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 8:38am
I sent Doug Adkins an email asking him about this 5 year plan that will be going in front of council and when and where can citizens make comments about this plan...here is Mr. Adkins reply.

The plan as it stands right now is:

Feb 11, 2010
5 yr plan with 2010 Annual Action Plan in Council packet. 
Begin 30 day public comment period.   Plan will be available on City website, and at the Community Revitalization Dept.,
Library, and Senior Citizen Center.   I’ll ship you an electronic copy as well for posting on Middletown USA. 
As it stands right now, all three new councilmen will be on the Consolidated Plan Committee.

Comments may be submitted in writing to:

City of Middletown
Community Revitalization Dept.
One Donham Plaza
Middletown, Ohio 45042

Feb 16, 2010     City Council Meeting – 1st Reading with public hearing at Council meeting for any oral comments on the Plan.

March 2, 2010   City Council Meeting – 2nd Reading

March 12, 2010  End of 30 day public comment period.
Submission to HUD with all comments received for Approval.

Doug Adkins
Director, Community Revitalization
City of Middletown
One Donham Plaza
Middletown, Ohio 45042
513-425-1856

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 8:52am
Ok, people, everyone has an opinion as to what the city should be doing so know you can come out and tell them face to face or hell send them a letter.
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 8:58am
Legitimate, grassroots Citizen Participation is sorely needed in Middletown.  It is not true that the Citizen Participation process is "CONTROLLED" when two senior City staff hand pick the so-called "NEW" HUD Consolidated Planning Committee members?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 9:06am
Randy I think we have been telling them for what 18 months or 2 years what the issues are.  Have they heeded anything we have had to say on here......NO.  They have business people on here, Regular Citizens on here. Have these comments done anything?  Nope

Spider has basically been banned from all of the groups and committees he was on and all of the old crowd, Schiavone, Marconi and Ford are right back at it again in different positions.  And people wonder why we post under anonymous names.

The only thing that has come about from this site is a whole lot more people are aware of the issues in Middletown now.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 9:17am
While I do agree with that my opinions and ideas have been posted on here, we can not assume that they have been seen and read by those that are in a position to make changes and answer questions so again here is the chance to speak up and make sure that the right people are hearing what the people are are saying.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 9:35am
So, the plan comes out on Feb. 11.  As I recall, these are long and complicated, if I have the correct document in mind.  The PUBLIC HEARING will be Feb. 16. and "the public" will be allowed what--three minutes each???
They get what--four or more months--to write and review, and revise; we get four days to digest and three minutes to comment; then they get as much time as they want to rebut (or ignore) the public comments; then we get zilch to respond to the rebuttal, if any (since they aren't set up to respond).

Sounds right to me.

Then, if anything goes wrong or if it gets embarassing, my guess is they send Corolus out into the lions' den.  (He's the only high-level one left who is not a "solid" clubber but simply does as he's told.  Too bad, Russ!  It's been nice knowing ya.)
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

While I do agree with that my opinions and ideas have been posted on here, we can not assume that they have been seen and read by those that are in a position to make changes and answer questions so again here is the chance to speak up and make sure that the right people are hearing what the people are are saying.

So Randy question, we can't assume that they read this site, even though we know many do, but we can assume that they will read a letter we send downtown or an email.........hmmmmmmmmmm.Big%20smile

Personally i liked the survey Adkins did the last time though I don't know how much good it did.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2010 at 12:11pm
Well Wasteful, I was talking more about people leaving their house and going down to speak face to face, at least that way you know they heard you . what they do with the feed back they get is another story.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 6:13am

Randy   
    How many people would need to show up at a council meeting…20, 50 or 100? How many will get three minutes to speak before council…5 or 10?
    You can email your thoughts on the plan…but then the city will say that they had very few people complain about the plan. How can you prove that they received 1,000’s of emails against the plan?
    So what is the magic number of citizens that need to complain to change any part of this 5 year plan?
    And as Mike has stated above this is a large amount of information to digest in just four days…However THEY can change the plan at any time during the next five years as we have seen many times over the past five years and do whatever they want anyway.
    I still think we need to present a petition to City Council stating what we the citizens of
Middletown think are the important issues that need to be addressed.

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2010 at 8:01am
If you want to make an impact on City Hall you get 500 people to go to a meeting at one time.  You elect 1 spokesman to present a unified message telling Council you are tired of the BS and non action and call the press to be there.  This drivel of one resident at a time is exactly what Council likes and they ignore them.   I mean just look at their demeanor during Citizens comments and then look at Council and Admin as soon as  Citizen Comments are over.  The next group that trimmed trees or cleaned a park can talk for 10 minutes if they like.  The Census, United Way, I mean any organizational other than tax paying citizens gets free rein basically.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 4:33pm

Joshua -

Were you able to gather information from certain senior City staff that I requested of you on the preparation of the HUD Five-Year Plan plus other matters involving Federally-funded programs and activities?  Your assistance will be much appreciated.

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2010 at 4:37pm
Mike Presta, Pacman, Viet Vet, Miss Vivian, Hermes, Wasteful, SpiderJohn, Etc. -

I can't seem to find a posting made last month by Joshua Laubach.  I'm specifically referring to his offer to me to obtain answers to questions that I raised.  Can you shed some light on this post that's now missing?

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic