FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Lovely Day in Ward 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Lovely Day in Ward 2
    Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 8:28am

Man arrested for firing shots near school bus stop

Staff Report
Updated 11:27 PM Thursday, January 21, 2010

MIDDLETOWN — Police have arrested a man they believe to be responsible for shots fired at students after they departed from a school bus Thursday afternoon, Jan. 21.

William Michael Maloney, 54, was arrested following the shooting in a 2nd Ward neighborhood shortly after 3 p.m., WKRC Local 12 reported late Thursday night.

Maloney faces a number of charges, including inducing panic, felonious assault, improper discharge of a firearm and endangering children, according to Local 12.

Police said they responded to the scene at 3:30 p.m. Dispatchers received a report of a man in a pickup truck firing a gun near children getting off the school bus, according to police.

A woman at the scene said her son and best friend’s daughter burst into their home on Ogden Drive after getting off the school bus screaming that a man had shot at them.

“We were standing in the kitchen when they said some man shot at us so we went to the front window and looked out and the man saw us and pointed the gun at us and fired at us, too,” she said.

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 8:48am
I seen this on the news last night, very scary for those kids and anyone around at that time I am sure.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 9:13am
Thats a shame kids can't get off the bus in safety. What is wrong with people ?

That was two stories about Middeltown on the news last night,this shooting and the big wreck with the police chief.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 11:11am
Hermes what the hell else is there to talk about in Middletown...........Section 8?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

Hermes what the hell else is there to talk about in Middletown...........Section 8?

Not a bad idea Pacman,has anyone ever brought the section 8 issue to the media ? Maybe the media might be interested in some of the goings on concerning the section 8 capital of Ohio. Ermm

Or does anyone in the media do investagative journalism anymore ?
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 11:42am
Right as I hit Post for that Comment I thought the same thing Hermes.   Investigative reporting from anything in Middletown is a nono.....but from outside Middletown....hmmmmmmmm.
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 11:45am
Good luck getting any meaningful investigative reporting from the Middletown Journal!!

I provided Ed Richter and Kevin Aldridge volumes of information on the HUD mess in 2008 and 2009.  Despite promises made to me at a meeting at Pisanello's Pizza on 1/26/2009, not one word was ever printed.

I'm still waiting for the EXPOSE that was promised.  I distinctly remember Mr. Richter telling Mr. Aldridge that I was railroaded out of my job with the City of MIddletown.

Go figure??
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 11:58am
Pacman - Thats kind of spooky me and you thinking alike LOL (Well just this once is alright I guess)

Nelson - If a media report was done it would have to be from some source other than the Journal. The Journal can't be trusted to report on anything. Look at how often they close the comment section on their website. They want to hear from the public about as much as council does.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 12:10pm
The Journal is slowly going away and this Middletown USA site is taking it's place. The Journal provides the news that protects the city leaders including Council and the School Board, providing the public with only half the story. The public gets the other half by tuning in to this site. Hopefully, between the two, the people of Middletown can make up their own minds as to how much from each is believable. Need more folks aware and involved in this site to really be effective and to neutralize the city leader propaganda spewed through the Journal. How do we get more people to "tune in"? Advertise this site in the Journal????   
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 12:18pm
Write a "Letters To The Editor" listing all of the events including revenue for the city, the city's use of the revenue, the overabundant voucher situation, the CONSOC partnership, the negatives for the city due to this program, the potential conflict between the council members Section 8 property ownership and being administrators of the same program for financial gain, the juggling of personel within the city building on this, possible reasons why city leaders want the overabundance and the image destruction done because of this program.(IE- All of Nelson's info.) See if the Journal prints it and send copies to Channels 2,5,7,9,12,19,22,and 45 to see if they are interested in coming to town to investigate. Should be interesting to see the reactions, if any.
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2010 at 12:28pm
Viet Vet, Pacman, Hermes, Miss Vivian, Mike, Wasteful, Randy, Tom Rapp, Etc.

Let's continue our efforts to put an immediate end to ARROGANT and INDIFFERENT municipal government in Middletown.  Senior City staff and some members of the City Council must learn the meaning of transparency and accountability in governing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic