FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown Tea Party - Next Meeting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jan M. View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown Tea Party - Next Meeting
    Posted: Jan 24 2010 at 2:26am
The Middletown Liberty Group has changed our name to the Middletown Tea Party.  Check out our new website at middletownteaparty.comOur next meeting will be held on Wednesday February 3, from 6 - 8 P.M. at the Inn At Renaissance Village - 4375 Union Road, Franklin, OH.  This is located north of Atrium Medical.  Coffee & refreshments will be served.  We want to encourage anyone  interested in learning what we are all about, to learn how to take a more active roll in the process picking out future candidates that are running for political offices, then this group is for you.  < ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12">

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2010 at 6:39am
Funny how after 8 years of Bush and GOP presidents in 20 years of last 28 years, the conservatives all of a sudden started worrying about government spending and deficits.  This after years of being in bed with the military-industrial complex, wasting BILLIONS on the armed forces, and neglecting this country's infrastructure and safety net needs.  So forgive me for not being up in arms about our recent (one-time) spending spree.  If it hadn't been done the conservatives would now be vilifyng Dems for 15-18% unemployment as many banks, car companies, and related suppliers would have closed down immediately.  Should some of them been allowed to close?  That's a different discussion.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2010 at 10:57am
Jan M- I have some questions for you concerning your group.

Is this "Tea Party" group politically biased? IE- will you only support candidates from one party or will you support the best candidate, regardless of party, who best represents the people's wishes?

Will the Tea Party agenda become more of a bashing of the opposing party or will it fairly evaluate each agenda item versus the candidates platform and select the most promising candidate?

Will donations to the chosen candidates be expected after selection?

Will donations to your group be expected?

Is this an independant group that will be fair and open minded, or are you obligated to the John Boehner's and other GOP members as the Cincinnati based Tea Party seems to be, based on their past meetings at the old VOA park?

Will this group just consider the national office candidates or will you also concentrate on the locals such as the Midd. Council and School Board?

Thank you, in advance, for your response.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2010 at 1:19pm
Damn Bill and here I thought it was the Democrats that controlled the Senate for the last 4 years of Bushes Term and the Democrats that controlled the House for the last 2 years of Bushes term that had some blame in this mess.  But Bush is an easy scape goat.  not that I don't think he didn't make mistakes  but there is plenty of blame for everyone, both Dems and Reps. to go around.

Hmmmmm wasting Billions on our armed forces.......I sure hope you don't need them to come to your rescue anytime soon.

What is that Debt figure that Obama is running up to $14.3 Trillion........hmmmmmmmmmmm.  yeah lets save a few more 1 eye spotted toad fish in that swamp by San Francisco and all of that other wasted spending in the Stimulus bill.  Which the only thing it has stimulated is the sinking feeling in everyone's stomach when they realize how long it will take to pay it all back.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2010 at 2:01pm
There is plenty of blame all around.  and, yes, the stimulus bill was big -- and could have been better targeted I think.  But I wonder how the GOP would have responded to our frightening economic collapse -- would they have sat on their hands and risked seeing unemployment go to 15-20%?  I don't know.  But I wonder rather see some infrastructure funding or healthcare improvements than that Medicare Part D giveaway from a few years ago. 

And there sure if sh*t a ton of money thrown to our military that is unnecessary -- primarily pet weapons systems that even the military doesn't want.  I think our military budget far exceeds the combined total of most of the industrial world.  Is it really that necessary?  Can't we "defend" ourselves on a little less?  Of course, I question what constitutes "defense" anymore.   
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2010 at 4:42pm
You guys need to get away from that two party system,Dems & Reps are one and the same. Join my party,(T.P.A.C.T.C.W.A.L.) True Patriotic American Citizens for The Constituional Way of American Liberty. We believe in true government,by the people,for the people. Corporations need not apply. We nominate only the poorest of citizens to run for office,not some wealthy elite who only cares about money & power. Our party is one of liberty,freedom for all through rights created by our founding fathers to be free of tyrannical power hungry elite. God Bless America !!!!  Clap 
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2010 at 7:10pm
Hey Bill the 2008 election was something like this.  Who do I think will do the least damage to the country?  My choice was McCain, as I felt he was the lesser of two evils.

Now we have Obama who seems to have lost his way now that he can't just shove everything down our throats.

Let's see on todays talk shows, on how many jobs the Stimulus Bill Saved, loved that word saved, anyone figured out how to count saved jobs yet and created:

We had behind door #1

Valerie Jarrett had the most conservative count, saying “the Recovery Act saved thousands and thousands of jobs,”

And Behind Door #2:

"David Axelrod gave the bill the most credit, saying it has “created more than – or saved more than 2 million jobs.”

And Then Behind Door #3:

"Press Secretary Robert Gibbs came in between them, saying the plan had “saved or created 1.5 million jobs.”

And behind door #4, what they didn't have a door #4, well they should have and it should have said:

We don't have a friggin clue how many jobs the stimulus Bill saved or created.

Bill it is estimated by some that the actual unemployment rate is as high as 17.3% now. 

The republicans probably would have had a stimulus bill and I believe the one they put forth was half of what Obama has put out.  

Jan M. View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2010 at 11:48pm
I'll be glad to answer the questions that you have about the Middletown Tea Party.  Our main focus as a Tea Party group is not to support or endorse any political Candidate for office.  We do, however, encourage people to examine and decide for themselves which candidates most closely adhere to our core values of limited government, fiscal responsibility, free markets, and the Constitution as written and intended by the Founding Fathers as the foundation of our government. 

From Day 1, the Middletown Group has been against the use of personal attack, whether it be directed at individuals or at organizations.  The problem is ideological one.  It is an errant way of thinking that has brought this nation to its current state.  Our intention is not to destroy or belittle anyone, but to hopefully provide the motivation for individuals to critically examine for themselves what the true nature of government and personal freedom was intended to be in America. 

No donations will be expected because the selection process of which candidate to choose is strictly up to the individual.  We will attempt to provide accurate information on all candidates for a particular office, but it is up to the individual to decide who to support financially or otherwise.

On the same note, no donations for the group has ever been expected.  People, by their own choice, have helped with refreshments at meetings, etc.  But it has never been a mandate to contribute funds. 

In addressing your question about if you are obligated to the John Boehner's and other GOP members as the Cincinnati based Tea Party seems to be the answer is no.  Our group has attempted to remain an independent entity as we are located between Dayton and Cincinnati.  However, there have been times when we have helped both groups with projects, demonstrations, etc.  We do not, as a group, endorse or support any candidate or office holder.  In fairness to the Cincinnati Tea Party and the Voice of America Rally held this past September, Democratic office holders from various levels of government were invited to the Rally but either refused or never returned requests to appear at the event.  During the "Town Hall" portion of the Rally, Boehner and Jean Schmidt were pretty well criticized and booed for their various positions and answers to questions submitted by the audience.  It's not abut Party or  political dogma, but retruning America to its foundational roots.  To assume that any Tea Party organization would be an arm of any political party would be a grave misunderstanding of the movement as a whole. 

To answer your question on what elections the group will focus on, we consider the local level just as important as the national.  All levels of government, be they national, state, or local are intertwined with laws, regulations and the ever-present money trail. 

I hope the answers settles any doubt that you may have our group.  Feel free to join us at the next meeting Viet Vet and all the others who are concerned citizens or just merely curious as to who we are. 

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2010 at 6:23am
Sounds like a fair platform. Thank you Jan, for the feedback.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2010 at 5:29pm
With all due respect , Jan, all sitting Politicians should stay out and let the Grassroots do it. I for one have no interest in your movement BECAUSE of the involvement of Politicians.

Get them out (Conservative OR Liberal) and I would have great interest.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2010 at 8:28am
Vet:
I was at the last meeting in Middletown, and I can concur with what Jan has said.  At no time was there ANY "hard sell" for anyone or anything.  Nor was there any attempt at fundraising.  (They did have coffee and cookies available, and there may have been a kitty for folks to "kick in", but I didn't notice.  I brought my own, so I really didn't pay attention.)

They did pass around an attendance sheet, but so far no one has contacted me except when I have initiated it (by email.)  I didn't see anyone get pressured if they did not sign the sheet.

They have a couple pretty good ideas (that might work for either party.)  I'm pretty sure that I will act on one.  (I won't tell you, though, because you might use it to help those liberal dems, LOL LOL so if you want to know, you'll have to go to the next meeting.)

Shall I save a seat for you???
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2010 at 8:34am
Mike do you think the would let me record the next meeting??
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2010 at 8:36am
Randy,
Hmm...dunno.  They might.  Shall I save you a seat??
Jan M. View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2010 at 12:52pm
I am sure the group would want to know the purpose of recording our meeting.  Are you talking about audio or video?  I would assume the group would have to discuss this and take a vote. My recommendation is for you to attend the next meeting, introduce yourself to the group and explain your request. 

Jan M.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 9:36am
Thank you Jan!!!  I'm so happy to see people like yourself organizing for the better good of our country!!!

Great website, thanks again!!!!
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 9:39am
I just read more from your website, awesome!!!

I was afraid Hermes and myself were the only freedom loving patriots left in Middletown!!
Jan M. View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2010 at 6:39pm
Thanks for the compliment.  I will make sure that my son Adam, see your comment.  The Middletown Tea Party website was his one and only attempt so far to constructing a website.  It was quite a surprise to see that he was so knowledgeable or at least be able to figure out how to do that.  He spent several long evenings working on that.  He is a little disappoint that he has not gotten any feedback from the other members, or suggestions on what to include or remove.  It is only a start and I'm sure it will grow as we forge ahead with our mission. 

If you go to the meeting be sure to introduce yourself to me. 

Jan
Jan M. View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2010 at 9:58pm
The Cincinnati Enquirer has a article on-line about how Tea Parties plan to remake the GOP.  http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100130/NEWS0108/1310329/Tea-Partiers-aim-to-remake-local-GOP
Here's a look at the first few paragraphs.  Finish reading the article by clicking on the link above.

A year ago, when the Tea Party movement first stirred to life, it had to shout to be noticed, with big public rallies that drew thousands of conservatives to places like Fountain Square and VOA Park in West Chester - citizens angry about government bailouts, billions of tax dollars for economic stimulus and political parties that didn't seem to be listening.

Now, though, the speech-making over loudspeakers to angry throngs seems to have given way to a much quieter form of protest - one in which Tea Party activists, here and across the country, are trying to either take over or gain a foothold in the political parties from the ground up.

They are doing it here by the hundreds by filing as candidates in the May 4 primary election for the office of precinct executive, the lowest rung of the political party structure.

"It's the place where you can have the most impact,'' said Mike Wilson, the founder of the Cincinnati Tea Party. "It's one thing to talk to the party leaders about change. It's another thing to actually be the party leadership and make the change from within."

It is a strategy that has worked elsewhere - Tea Party activists essentially took over the Nevada Republican Party earlier this month; and, in Florida, they were successful in forcing out a state party chairman who was seen as too centrist.

A Tea Party takeover of a county party organization would, no doubt, result in a far more conservative party organization that would likely field candidates who are hard-liners on taxes and spending.

Wilson and other Tea Party leaders - working with a loose affiliation of conservative groups like Ohio Liberty Council and the Cincinnati 9/12 project - have traveled around Southwest Ohio over the past few months holding meetings where they give Tea Party activists a PowerPoint crash course on how to run for precinct executives.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 8:46am
So..... getting back to my original comments........correct me if I'm wrong here, but as I read this Enquirer article, it seems that they have chosen a party to support and that is the conservative REPUBLICAN party. Efforts were made in Florida to force out a state party chairman seen as too centrist- as in not to the right enough. The article states that the Tea Party activists "essentially took over the Nevada REPUBLICAN party earlier this month". Looks like there is evidence that they want to change the Republican party and have no interest in the other party at all. This was the reason for my question- is the Tea Party politically unbiased? Indications are that they are not and want to change the way the Repubs do business, wanting nothing to do with any Dem concepts.( and, more than likely, not wanting to support any Dem candidates no matter the situation) " Working with conservative groups like Ohio Liberty Council and the Cincinnati 9/12 project." " Tea Parties plan to remake the GOP." All statements that support only one side.

Here's some irony for you- in the article.... "A year ago, when the Tea Party movement first stirred............" citizens angry about government bailouts, billions of tax dollars for economic stimulus and political PARTIES (plural) PARTIES, that didn't seem to be listening." Yet, the Tea Party has apparently chosen only one to align themselves with when this statement indicates that BOTH parties have angered them.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2010 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by TudorBrown TudorBrown wrote:

I just read more from your website, awesome!!!

I was afraid Hermes and myself were the only freedom loving patriots left in Middletown!!

Tudor - You mean there are "others" ? LOL

And by the way,it's your turn to bring the oil for our next gun cleaning get together. LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 7:29am
I couldn't make the Wed. meeting of the local Tea Party. Again, had to care for the wife after work yesterday evening. How did it go?

I see there is an article in the Journal today about the Tea party. The local Tea Party didn't go. Too expensive and didn't think they would get too much out of the convention. Apparently, a Liberty Township candidate surfaced. The article went on to become heavily skewed to the conservative Republican side of the spectrum after a statement was made about being "un-affiliated" , which seems to be a contradiction as to actual events in the story line. The movement seems to be "very affiliated" with the one party.

The article mentioned the key speaker as Sarah Palin. Don't care for the lady. Not interested if she were to speak for them.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2010 at 9:16am
ugg, Palin.  If people want to hear a hottie in a red dress babble on incoherently and unintelligently I can rustle up a couple ex-girlfriends for you.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 12:33pm
Didn't Jan say the Movement was not affiliated with any Party?

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/ohio-news/gop-candidates-courting-tea-party-conservatives-534430.html

Also, why is the GOP former VP Candidate the Keynote Speaker at this non-Party affiliated Movement?

Give me a break!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 2:20pm
While they may claim no affiliation lrisner their values and ideals are far more aligned with the Conservative Republican party than the Liberal Democrats, that has been obvious from the start. 
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2010 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

While they may claim no affiliation lrisner their values and ideals are far more aligned with the Conservative Republican party than the Liberal Democrats, that has been obvious from the start. 

Agreed!  Then they should NOT try and mislead People.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic