FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Code Enforcement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Code Enforcement
    Posted: Feb 16 2010 at 8:33am
At the 2010 City Council retreat in January 2010, City Council adopted the following statement regarding code enforcement. WE ARE COMMITTED TO FULL ENFORCEMENT OF THE CITY PROPERTY MAINTENANCE NUISANCE CODES USING ALL TOOLS WITH COMPASSION AND UNDERSTANDING AND RESPECT.  This code enforcement is just a small piece of the new 2010-2014 HUD Consolidated Plan

I knew this plan was long had a a lot of detail, but come on. How can anyone expect someone to have the time to read this whole thing? Does anyone plan on attending tonights meeting to speak during comments?

If you have some to waste and want to be disoriented for about an hour then by all means have some coffee and read Middletown's
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2010 at 8:55am
Randy I read it and then just shook my head.  Why bother go tonight the plan clearly states basically we don't care if we have a concensus of the citizens we are doing what we want.  What good would it do to go say I don't agree with it.  The city is acting not in the best interest of the the majority of citizens or businesses.  The city can't take care of it's own property, yet they are going to go after citizens who can't or won't take care of theirs.  Now the ones that won't and can do the repairs is one thing, but the others.  What about the cities obligations to the citizens to maintain their properties and to act in the best interest of all of its citizens. 

Maybe the citizens should hire a private inspector to inspect all city properties, then send the city a violation notice.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2010 at 9:30am
Pac, I agree with you, yes I said it, I agree!! This plan is a joke and is not thinking about the rest of the city. It's a sad day in M-town
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2010 at 10:53am
Many of you younger people will not remember the last time the city did this same thing. You should know that the city wrote 160 citations to downtown businesses that "ranged in severity from bare light bulbs to stained ceiling tile." All the businessmen had to take their time to go to court and pay a $100 fine (and I would guess, court cost). The only REAL problem the inspectors found was a lot over grown with weeds, but it turned out the the city was the owner. Just as today, the city code was a joke and the only real problems was with the city property. The article about the citations was picked up by businessmen in Cincinnati, which made Middletown the punchline of the area jokes. This action before helped ruin Middletown's reputation and run off all of the small businesses trying to survive downtown. Now we have new people on council and a new city manager, so they can start making all the same mistakes again that made Middletown the #1 fastest dying city in the counrty with a population under 100,000. Why to go council, keep ignoring our streets, our image, our reputation and don't serarate the sewers downtown. That will really help us attract businesses, jobs and non-section 8 citizens! 
Government is not the answer to problems, government is the problem.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2010 at 11:35am
The entire plan is FLAWED!!!  The "methodology" is incorrect!!!  I posted about it over the weekend and no one bothered to look at it, so tonight council will approve it!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2010 at 12:01pm

It would appear that the city is more interested in "making money" from fines than they are from actually helping people. The only thing they will accomplish from this "plan" will be to drive out what few homeowners there are in some areas and be left with more abandoned houses. I for one am and have been seriously considering abandoning my house and getting out of this town. I would love to get out before the coke plant goes into operation too. Not only is this town unfriendly to business that also extends to it's citizens as well. While houses can be used to and are allowed by the city to operate as "half way houses" for drunks & drug addicts and police & fire are constantly being called to certain residence I dare them to say anything to me about my property !! Angry

No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2010 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Hermes Hermes wrote:

I dare them to say anything to me about my property !! Angry

Hermes, I couldn't agre more with you. Our city loves to tell us what we should or should not do with the property we pay for. I get one letter it will go straight in the trash.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic