FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sorg Demo 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorg Demo 2
    Posted: Feb 23 2010 at 10:45pm

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2010 at 11:48pm
Hummm I wonder if they would let me have some of those bricks for my house restoration.... Another good round of pictures 409! Did they end up saving the mural?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 2:53am
Looks like a dandy spot for more of the low-income housing that Donham Plaza seems to crave, if only city hall could somehow get their hands on it!!!

It makes one wonder why, all of a sudden, this company would decide to go to the expense of demolishing shuttered plant buildings when they have no short or long range plans for re-using the reclaimed land.

Could there be some "back room, closed door" deal-making going on here???

How about it, City Hall???  When will the CITIZENS be allowed to know how you intend to spend OUR money???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 4:50am
^Perhaps they wanted to be a better corporate citizen, remove a maintenance concern, or save on their insurance. I doubt there is anything occuring in connection with the city.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 6:44am
Mike- you think city hall would allow low income housing right across the street from the Manchester? Wouldn't that add to the troubles for them as to image and clientele? Would give the low incomers a nice view of the Great Miami Riverfront though, especially on those upper floor units. Why am I thinking about the TV show "Good Times" about now?

By the pictures, it looks like Ben Ligon's old Gulf service station has withstood the test of time. Kinda looks a little desolate now doesn't it? 'Ole Ben's got plenty of room between neighbors now.

Middletown---- like Bob Dylan's song says.......Desolation Row. Or how about the Pretenders song about going back to Ohio where everything was a parking lot?

Thanks city leaders!!!!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 1:46pm
~~Now at midnight all the agents
And the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone
That knows more than they do
Then they bring them to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine
Is strapped across their shoulders
And then the kerosene
Is brought down from the castles
By insurance men who go
Check to see
That nobody is escaping
To Desolation Row~~

By the way, that was a pretty old building!!!  Where were the Historical Society and all of the other history buffs when this was decided???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by viper771 viper771 wrote:

Hummm I wonder if they would let me have some of those bricks for my house restoration.... Another good round of pictures 409! Did they end up saving the mural?
Viper.........Don't know if they saved the mural or not. Originally they were supposed to save it. I didn't get a picture of the mural. I was going to get some pix but the demolition started sooner than I was told.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2010 at 9:49pm
Mural was removed prior to demo. Not sure where its being kept or if a location has been selected.
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 2:46am
At least it was saved :) I am glad it was, thanks for the update!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 9:17am
From today's Journal story, it sounds like Sammie has "the mural"!!! 

I guess he'll be making a few bucks overseeing the restoration of it, strictly for his love of history.  Still, as chairman of the Commission on Landmarks and Historic Structures, wouldn't it be a CONFLICT of INTEREST for him to make money on the deal???

Related to the above, has anyone else noticed how, when we bring up a story here lately, The Journal soon follows with one???  Just coincidental, I'm sure.
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2010 at 5:50pm
Maybe there isn't anything else new to report on !?! Just the same ol stuff :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic