FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sorg Demo 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorg Demo 4
    Posted: Mar 04 2010 at 10:03pm
The Columbia Ave end of the old main mill building is now down.

SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 1:02am
Wow!!
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 9:05am
What I find interesting about this end of the building is the skeleton (although not uncommon in this era). Looking closely, the second floor is supported by traditional vertical steel columns (brown & white round posts) and horizontal steel I-beams (white). The second floor roof support structure is of the post and beam type supported by wood vertical posts (green & white square posts) and horizontal wooden beams (white).
Mr. P would be more knowledgeable on this type of construction.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 9:29am
Those are fantastic photos. Makes me think about the people who worked there. Have the ghosts been released now that there is no building?
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 11:57am
Wonder how much it's going to cost to hire a company to research what to do with all this vacant land ?

How is the new downtown , aka east side, aka Renaissance area coming along ? Any new tenants or big business moving in ?
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 12:28pm
Hermes- I would suggest that a call to the Econ. Devel. Dept. be made. I have spoken to Mike Robinette and he was very informative and tried to answer my questions about how they procured new jobs in this town. I would imagine, based on the recent lack of new job creations in town, that your conversation with him would be rather short as there is really nothing earth-shattering to report as to new jobs.

While talking to Mr. Robinette, you might want to ask him what he was intending to do (along with the manager that reports to him) if they do hire a company to research what to do with the vacant land. Wouldn't that research fall under their job responsibilities (along with Kohler's Planning Dept.) as the Econ. DEVELOPMENT Department. Mercy!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2010 at 3:31pm
Vet - Again your absolutely right ! I agree that the planning and development would/should fall Under Mr Kohler but as we both know that won't happen. Something else we both know is that they love to outsource everything under the sun.

I will take your suggestion and place a call to One Donham Plaza and enquire as to the status of progress on the east side. Thumbs%20Up 
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic