FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donate Your Used Books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donate Your Used Books
    Posted: Mar 08 2010 at 9:57am
Each Tuesday, from 10:00am till 12:00pm the American Association of University Woman (AAUW) will be accepting used books to be sold at the March 18 – 21 book sale. The drop off will be at the Town Mall loading dock D (facing Route 122) near Elder Beerman.

All donated books will be sorted and sold to help raise funds to offer scholarships to local high school seniors and non – traditional students. Any one interested in donating books can contact Libby Abele at gabele1054@aol.com 513-424-7551.

Come People help out with some of those old books you dont read.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2010 at 7:39am
I have a copy of "How To Win Friends And Influence People" that has never been opened!!!  Do you think they would want that?

I also have a copy of "Middletown City Government Code of Ethics", but it must be a misprint.  All of the pages are BLANK!!!
LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2010 at 9:55am
Mike...got a suggestion for the "How To Win Friends and Influence People" and the ethics book. Line up a contingent of people. Go to a Council meeting and all members of the contingent fill out a card to speak in the Citizens Comments portion of the meeting and take your alloted 3 minutes to speak. Start reading the book to Council for the three minutes, handing the book off to the next person to speak who will read on. etc./ etc. Think "ole Lawrence "we're not prepared" Mulligan would stop it after the second of third person? Bet he would, although he would be denying the right of the citizen to use the 3 minutes as they pleased. Would be fun just mocking the system they have in place.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2010 at 11:11am
I have a few titles I'd donate.

1. Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America   (A guide to field Identification)
2. The Lesbian S/M Safety Manual
3. How To Abandon Ship
4. Movie Stars in Bath Tubs  (a real favorite !)
5. How To Avoid Work    (A must have)
6. Whats Wrong with my Snake ?
7. Where's Arthur's Gerbil ?

Not sure whether to donate them or put'em on Ebay. Vet - you want to borrow one or two ?
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2010 at 2:20pm
Hermes- like the titles. Let me guess.....#1 covers the abandoned carts used by the abundant low income( thanks city leaders!) here in Middletown and the people who go around town collecting cans to provide some kind of income in lieu of a decent job that the city hasn't provided. #3 covers the methods used for people to leave Middletown as the town loses it's appeal. #5 is a handbook for the Council and the folks who work at One Donham Plaza. #2 and #6 are kinda kinky as is #7. Could be construed in several ways if ya know what I mean.

Donate #3 to the Library. There will be many who will need it. Might be the book with the most demand.

Present #5 to Council or the city manager for her city workers in the citizens comments segment. They may or may not understand the reason for the presentation.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2010 at 10:29pm
Vet - LOL LOL LOL
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic