FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One 4 U conspiracy theorists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One 4 U conspiracy theorists
    Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 4:56am

Here’s a mystery for all of you “conspiracy theory” nuts out there:

We all know that part of the 3 C Rail Plan, in conjunction with the Middletown’s Brighter Future, and the New Olde Tyme Artsy Downtown Plans, include a redevelopment of a commercial area on First Avenue bounded by the freight railroad line tracks, the scrap metal preparation yard, and the cemetery into a high-rise ghetto…oops, I mean upper-class, luxury, high-density condo complex. However, there are three long-time owners of that land that are operating businesses there that have given no outward signs of having any intentions of moving.

So, is it possible that our good servants at Tammany City Hall will have to find a way to “sweeten the pot” for these folks to sell??? If so, is it possible that they realize that they will have to do so in some way that will not cause an uproar from we hoi polloi as it would if they simply overpaid for these properties by a large amount???

What has any of this got to do with 1617 Central Avenue, the subject of tomorrow’s legislative item #5 ???

I dunno…I’m just asking some crazy internet bloggers about a nutty conspiracy theory.

Then again, the fact remains that the 1617 Cental property has been vacant for quite some time now; Kohler has done his best to KEEP it that way; suddenly Kohler promotes a business for the location nearly identical to a business that he blocked; and a flipper makes a quick $45,000; while the city does a couple of fast, “emergency” real estate deals without following state laws.

And I still can’t understand how/why we citizens ended up with that asbestos-laden Strand building albatross around our necks!!!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 7:00am
Mike- this conspiracy talk must stop according to some of the posts I've seen on other sites. According to those people(MMF'ers ?), we, here on MUSA are always looking for "under the table" deals that don't exist and never have in this town and we're all paranoid. I'm sure that if we look at the Butler County Auditor's site under these properties, we will find the previous owners had no connections with Kohler or any other city officials or bigwigs in town and no special favors are occuring.    I also don't believe that the cabinet place owner is benefiting on the move from the low volume traffic alley on Vail to a more mainstream location on Central by having a favor done by a city official. Probably just a regular guy who was "at the right place at the right time" to improve his location and the added square footage to his business was just a bonus. Who owns the cabinet shop? Probably not one of Kohler's buddies, right? State Laws be damned! We don't need no stinkin' state laws in our town! Our city leader's plans trump any higher laws. So, who's gonna call Columbus on this property merry-go-round game we got going on in town, or are we all just paranoid? Hey, the property sells for $50 thou at auction and the city buys for $95 thou. Appears to be a good sound financial transaction conducted by the city to me!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 7:27am
Hey there is always eminent domain.......ask Marconi the State got his 3+ acres on the East end.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 11:46am
Lets add a little to this "conspiracy". Did anyone see who bought the Central property from the bank ?

To add to Mike's theory the pay day for the train right of way or whatever you want to call it apperantly came in the form of the profit made from the selling of the Central Avenue property ??

Watch this one closely folks, as the magician waves his hand and makes funny things appear and disappear !
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 12:10pm
Hermes:
The "payday" for the Strand building has already occured.  That building was a huge liability, it has been vacant for years, it is of use to no one, and it can't even be torn down, remodeled, or restored without a hugely expensive environmental remediation job.  When the city bought this property for a dollar, that huge albatross was removed from the previous owner's neck and hung around the collective neck of the taxpayers of Middletown.

As far as who bought the 1607 Central Avenue property, I guess someone will have to dive into the records of the Butler County recorder's office and find out.

Then they could plug that info into the hypothectical conspiracy theory that I outlined above, and see if the mouse is chasing the cat.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 1:32pm
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 1:49pm
Mike - you confused me with our own conspiracy theory. LOL

You mention 1617 Central in your original posting but it's 1607 Central that is legislation #5. And it was 1607 that I was talking about above.

Now....if your the city and you want the triangle property next to the RR tracks what better way to sweeten the deal than to buy 1607 Central from the owner of the triangle property allowing him to make a $45,000 profit just prior to purchasing the triangle property . When the city could have purchased 1607 themselves at the $50,000 ± range . Now the owner of the triangle property not only gets an additional $45,000 but he also stand to make a substantial profit when the city buys his property. (which I think you mention all this above)

1. The 1607 property was bought in February this year from the bank for $50,000. Now a month later the same property will be sold for a profit of $45,000. And the seller of 1607 is also a player in the much wanted triangle property ? Not bad for only holding the property for a month. This reeks of foul play.

2. When did the city decide to make the trade with the Vail company ?

3. Why didn't the city buy 1607 themselves ? (and save the tax payer $45,000)

4. Why the emergency legislation on item # 5 ?   Whats the hurry to trade properties ? 

( I just realized everything I'm saying here Mike said it all too in his original posting) Pinch

I'll quit now as my head is spinning. Wacko
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 5:21pm
Hermes:
1607 Central is the correct address, of course, as I also listed in another thread on the subject!!!

I simply made a mistake!!! This legislation also deals with 1316 Vail Ave, and the later it got the more tired I became.  I had been typing both addresses many times in posts and in search forms and simply flummoxed myself here and mixed up the two.  Confused

Thank you for catching my error!!! Clap
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 6:23pm
Mike  - Mistakes are not allowed when it comes to conspiracies  LOL

We have to know what we are talking about at all times just ask Vet. Big%20smile
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 7:35am
In today's Journal, Mike Robinette says that after they bulldoze the Vail building it will open it up for re-development. Any ideas on how old Mike is going to make that happen? What would Mike tell any potential new businesses that would look at the site? He's bulldozed everything in sight creating a wide open "green space" and there is limited traffic flow on Central Ave./Clinton St./etc. with very little foot traffic on the sidewalks. Exactly what would Mike offer as they look around, that would prompt them to sink money into a business in a downtown that looks deserted? How could he possibly sell this "re-development" idea with desolation all around?
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 7:41am
Well, Marty has a "plan" to "calm the traffic flow"!!!  I'm sure that will be a selling point.

(Although to get it any "calmer" they'll have to pass a law making everyone drive in REVERSE!!! LOL LOL LOL)
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 8:51am
The county shows the owner of that Central Ave property to be Dan Diver of 1810 First Avenue.  I assume that is the Diver's business near Denny Lumber.  Diver's is pretty close to the railroad tracks if I recall.  Could this sweet heart deal be part of a plan to close down Diver's as part of the 3C train project?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 9:20am
Same thinking here, Bill.
Like the sweetheart deals with the Finkleman Group(Studio and Whistle Stop), and the bogus land swap with Duncan Oil(great location between 1st and Central for a worthless parcel  of the old Office Outfitter's/Alber's lot on Manchester Ave and Charles).

Diver paid $50,000 on 2/10/10, and the city buys it 2nite by EMERGENCY LEGISLATION for $95,000, then turning it over to a very reputable woodworking outfit(who Kohler nixed on the SAME project a while back) + $5,000 MOVING COSTS donated by our cash-poor city.

Absolutely no way this should fly through as EMERGENCY LEGISLATION.
If our Council approves this by these means(must be unanimous with Mr.Armbruster absent), then they all should be removed asap.

Econ D is turning into a very sneaky biased outfit. This must change quickly. Robinette and Hamet are working for the privleged few at the expense of all, with Kojler apparently now on board as a subordinate.

How could any Councilmember vote for this 2nite?

Should be very bizarre entertainment!
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 9:52am
You mentioned Finkleman Group, I believe that is now run by Rachel Lewitt, who I think is a Finkelman daughter or granddaughter.  She also has recently been a spokewoman for the Armbruster family during Jim's hospital stay.  Connection to a councilman? hmmm, not sure if this amounts to anything but it makes you wonder.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 10:09am
And I see that First Finacial bank appears to have been the leinholder on this foreclosed property.

Isn't Mayor Lawrence P. Mulligan, Jr. a VP at First Financial???
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 1:33pm
.WTF ? Is this true ?  Angry If so it really does show that city hall is full of corruption (I know big suprise)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic