FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for the MUSA Admin.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for the MUSA Admin.
    Posted: Mar 29 2010 at 1:17pm
Sometimes, when I post, there is a yellow and red "Error" box that pops up and I lose the post and must start over. It usually occurs when I've been on the post site for several minutes. Are the posts under a timing thing....meaning do they time out if you take too long to finish your post? Any idea what that's all about?
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2010 at 5:42pm
I am unable to duplicate the error. Are you on a wireless connection?
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2010 at 7:23pm
John- gotta line coming into the house from Roadrunner for the desktop. Have two modems- one for the desktop and one for my son's laptop that he uses in the basement. If I see the box again on any of my posts, I'll be sure and read what the box says and let you know. Thanks!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2010 at 7:51am
John, Randy, Adam- it happened again this morning while posting. A yellow box, red lettering saying "Error- the security code did not match the one displayed" Kicked me off the forum and I had to sign in again. It always does this when I have been on a reply for awhile. OK, just did it a second time in response to McNeill's letter today. That's it for me.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2010 at 8:39am
I have had this happen also several times most recently  10 minutes ago.  Signed in hit  post options and quote and got the error message.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2010 at 11:35am
This usually happens when you are idle to long, so if you are writting a long post it thinks you are idle and logs you out. Then when you hit post you lose what you typed. It has happened to me as well
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2010 at 11:43am
Is it within your control to increase the time before this box appears or is this not changable in the program? Come on now, Randall Jean, we're counting on you!

Adam, as Randall Lou's boss, make him fix this and put a time limit on it for us, will ya.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2010 at 11:49am
Randy I just signed in hit post options and the quote all within 15 seconds and it happened.  I have also had it happen on long posts, said a few choice words on those occasions because you lose the post, now I copy all long posts before I hit send.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic