FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Memorial Day Parade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Memorial Day Parade
    Posted: Apr 06 2010 at 7:40am
Will MUSA enter a float in the Memorial Day Parade? Story in the Journal encouraging entries in this year's parade. I thought we could get a model built to resemble a smoking city after a nuclear halocaust labeling it Middletown and place it on a wagon. Then, have some of us dress up like grim reapers in black hooded executioner garb with each of us wearing the mask of our favorite city official as we walk alongside the wagon waving to the crowd and handing out literature about the benefits of Section 8 and joblessness. I suggest we get in line right after the city dignitaries in their convertibles. How about it Randy?

A pleasant thought to start out your day!
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2010 at 1:42pm
How about this Vet? We have all the Section 8 tennants and all the landlords lead the parade. Then the city officials with their executioners, then Midd Usa float passing out literature? Oh wait a minute, the parade folks don't like for material to be handed out. Hmmm, well I guess there would be no harm to a bull horn!!!! Clap
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2010 at 5:11pm
Sounds good to me I am all for this idea Vet.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2010 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Smartman Smartman wrote:

How about this Vet? We have all the Section 8 tennants and all the landlords lead the parade. Then the city officials with their executioners, then Midd Usa float passing out literature? Oh wait a minute, the parade folks don't like for material to be handed out. Hmmm, well I guess there would be no harm to a bull horn!!!! Clap
I've heard a that there will be a THREE MINUTE LIMIT to citizen participation in the parade.  Probably just a silly rumor, though.  Wink LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2010 at 6:59am
Mr. Mike Presta- I followed up with the Honorable Mayor Lawrence Mulligan Jr. on the three minute time limit for citizen participation in the parade. Yep......you guessed it...... he said he wasn't prepared to discuss....... I forced the issue and as we were winding down our brief discussion, a light from somewhere on the wall went off and I was told that that was all the time the mayor had for a regular citizen like myself. I continued to talk until I heard an angry shout of "are you deaf man, he said he had heard enough" coming from an angry Becker.(Kinda like Niedemier in Animal House). I thanked him for his time as I bowed and backed away, never making eye contact nor turning my back as is required by the lowly riff-raff.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2010 at 12:59pm
Vet - Are you off your meds again ?  LOL

You know the city father's would never allow MUSA to enter a float ! They'd never let MUSA enter the parade period ! Randy is probably on the Hook Field no fly list & now on the no float parade list. LOL
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2010 at 2:48pm
Yessir-been off those meds for awhile. Kinda made me a little "feisty".

Randy is the only one they trust from this site. He is a master at working both sides of the fence with his dynamic personality and mastery of the city lingo and tactics!
He can be "one of them" and in an instant, become one of "us". Right Randall Eugene? Very versatile! If anyone can sweet talk 'em into entering a float, Randy could because he "understands them" and has the power of persuasion.

You know Hermes, I have really run into a rough patch lately with the high falutin' folks of Middletown. Why, just the other evening, I was out taking an evening walk. I was at the intersection of Rosedale Rd. and Rachel Lane and the high rollers caught me glancin' across the street where they live. As you know, us peons at the lower end of Rachel aren't allowed to look to the north on Rachel at the chosen ones. Well, as you can imagine, the drawbridge goes down on a few of their homes, they ride across the moats that protect them from us lower class serfs on the other side of Rosedale and they threaten to start burning our houses down because of my unwelcomed glances toward their castles. The only thing that saved us was my profuse appologies and my promise not to be a repeat offender of glancing. Boy, did I learn my lesson!   
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2010 at 3:27pm
lol I probable am on the no fly list, I have seen sitting with Vet at a meeting or two and for that my cover was blown. No one from the city building returns my calls any more, I am back to just being a lowly blogger on a site full of conspiracy nuts. Thanks Vet.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2010 at 3:48pm
Yep....it had to have been that pesky Eddie Richter when he was covering the straight poop of the town, who turned you in, Randy Joe. He was good at writing what they told him to write and never questioned their intentions. He and I had some "disagreements" and he indicated we were "picking on him"(we were, by the way- ) and a bit harsh in our criticism of his coverage articles (we were, but it was fun) Yep....had to be the Richtermeister!
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2010 at 4:45pm
Vet & Randy - See thats why I stay low keyed...I voice my opinions/theories and I use stealth movements & wear camo when I go to meetings so no one recognizes me. I blend in with the surrounding environment. I am one with the situation. This way the city leaders can't put me on THE list like you and Vet. It's commendable that you and Vet have come out of the closet, (is that the wrong terminology ? LOL) but you see where it got you. You can't enter the parade or ask questions of council, you can't sit together at meetings, your on the Hook Field no fly list, and the list goes on.  Cry  LOL
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
NRS View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2010 at 4:48pm
Randy & Viet Vet -

Randy, I believe it's a badge of honor that "HIGH & MIGHTY SUPER BUREAUCRATS" at One Donham Plaza aren't too responsive in answering your calls!!  While there are good "rank and file" people working there, a handful of senior level "ELITISTS" continue to promote policies and programs that oft-times help to ensure the "DIM FUTURE" of our community.

Viet Vet, as for the Richtermeister, I'll not forget that January 26, 2009 lunch meeting with him and his boss.  Eddie did tell Kevin Aldrich that I was railroaded out of my job with the City.  He went on to say that the Middletown Journal was then in the process of finalizing an "EXPOSE" on the waste and mismanagement of HUD funds that I was trying to resolve.  I've always wondered what happened "BEHIND THE SCENES" to halt this one attempt at investigative journalism??

In closing, Miss Judy, Eddie Richter, Ginger Smith and Marty Kohler have had a major impact upon my professional career, financial stability, plus health/emotional well-being.  I can only hope and pray that "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!"
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2010 at 7:19am
Yep NRS- the Middletown Journal, years ago, did what Armco Steel told them to do as to story content. The newspaper was run by locals who had ties to the Armco officials. As Armco went, Middletown went. Now, while AK is still a major player in town as to size and employment, it is only a shadow of its former self as to influential power. It has vacated the city in alot of respects. The city government has taken AK's place as being the major power broker in town and the Journal has, no doubt, been told not to pry too deeply into the city's secretive business and seems totally intimidated by the city government, keeping it from delving into any investigative stories for the benefit of the citizens. If we can't get the newspaper to do their job of investigating and reporting the truth, then the newspaper serves no purpose any longer and is only a whipping boy for the city. We, on this site have become the new "Middletown Journal", offering insight/investigative thought and what the newspaper should strive to be, but doesn't have the backbone to do.

Yes, I've talked to Richter at various times. Seems to have been brainwashed by the city as he always took their side on any subject. I just stopped talking to him after a few discussions.

NRS- just remember .....it is they who are the problem.....not you. You needed to stay....Gilleland, Kohler, certain council members,certain school board members, city building people from the Director level down to the supervisors should be fired. It is rather obvious that they have no clue how to run this city properly nor what direction it should go. Now- how do we get the citizens up off their butts to make that happen?
NRS View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2010 at 9:31am
Viet Vet -

I appreciate your sentiments and it remains my hope that your wife will continue to recover from her recent medical challenges.

Thank you as well for being committed to exposing city government problems that the Middeltown Journal ignores.

Average citizens of Middletown owe you a big debt of gratitude in speaking out for truth and competency at One Donham Plaza!
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2010 at 11:16pm
Oh wait a minute, the parade folks don't like for material to be handed out. Hmmm, well I guess there would be no harm to a bull horn!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic