FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Woodside Cemetery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woodside Cemetery
    Posted: May 09 2010 at 11:24pm

We went to the cemetery to visit Mom's grave today on Mother's Day.
I was absolutely appalled at the condition of the area around her grave.
Usually fairly well kept, the area looked bush-hogged instead of cut.
Many headstones were burried in thick grass.
This place was deplorable today.
Woodside should be ashamed!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 6:39am
Is this new look to Woodside a result of the city cutting back on services and hiring the cheapest lawncare people to provide the cemetery upkeep, or is this the same people we have always had at Woodside, but a new person running the show there? Either way, if it's as bad as you say it is, the city council needs to be addressed in the next meeting. Alot of folks still in town who have family buried there (including me). Unlike the Pioneer Cemetery, Woodside will be maintained, right folks?(While we're on the subject of cemetery upkeep, ask about the status of the Pioneer Cemetery also) JMO
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 8:06am

Woodside Cemetery is not owned or operated by the City.
If you are not happy with the condition of the cemetery then you need to call Woodside Cemetery and complain.

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 9:07am

While not condoning the condition (I was there yesterday and didn't particularly notice anything), I must say Woodside is an exemplary cemetery.  When you look at most other cemeteries -- their condition, their monuments, their burial options, Woodside is a nice asset for our community.  I don't doubt that the economic downturn has affected them too.  People are probably doing less pre-payment of their plans than they used to.

swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 9:34am

Perhaps the recent weather has caused them to fall behind on maintenance. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic