FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dear Mr. President..........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 10:24am
What point would that be Bill, THAT WE ARE ALL RACIST BASTARDS, BECAUSE WE EXPECT PEOPLE TO FOLLOW THE LAW.   Come on Bill.

I think most of us have answered your "race-based" scenario.  For most if not all here it is the Legal issue and if it was Race Based as Wasteful said, Why wouldn't there be a backlash against Legal Immigration also by a significant number of people.  Are there people who look at this as a Race Issue I am sure there are, but I don't believe it is the overwhelming issue against Illegal Immigration.

The overwhelming issues are:

Legality
Cost to the taxpayer $12 billion a year to educate children of illegal immigrants, $1 Billion a year in Health care costs, etc.,
Crime Phoenix is now the Kidnapping capital of the USA with 1 a day due to Drug and Illegal Immigrants.
 ETC. ETC. ETC.

Bill there is no free ride and Illegal Immigrants should have to abide by the same rules as everyone else. 

When I lived in Foreign countries I played by their rules and you think we are tough here.  In some of those countries you get shot going over the borders illegally back then.  Get caught with Drugs and you will be lucky to ever be seen again in some countries.  Here we moan and groan when a prisoner gets a hang nail.

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 10:36am
no Pac, I wouldn't want to bring out any thoughts that might make us question ourselves and our emotional reactions.  That would be unAmerican.  After all, one thing we do very well in this country is feel very sure of ourselves and self-righteous. 
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 10:43am
Bill you don't seem to get it.  Personally I am not questioning myself or my thoughts or my emotions on this issue.  I deal with a significant number of Mexican and Central American immigrants on a daily basis in my business.  I treat them as I treat any other customer.  I have no clue whether the majority of them are here legally or not.  They are very loyal customers and once you develop a relationship with them they keep coming back, which is a lot more than I can say of some American citizens.  The ones that don't speak English usually bring someone with them that does, sometimes that is just a 10 year old child and we get along fine and do business and chat just fine.

Bill there is no Big Bad Boogey Man lurking in the closet for many of us.  Why you insist there is I don't get.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 10:58am
Bill from reading all the remarks, I think you are the only one that has an issue of the race.  It is not brought about to punish or get rid of any certain race.  It is for the protection of all the citizens that are here now.  There are so many issues coming across the southern border, criminal issues that we have to take a stand now.  The drugs alone is a big problem, but now you add the terrorists that are using this as a way into the United States.  So be it if people get offended - I don't like to show my drivers license when I go to the bank every week - but I do. 

There are stupid laws in every state that not everyone is going to agree with.  But they are there for a reason.  IMO, I do not feel that anyone outside of Arizona has any right to say that this law was not needed.  You don't know unless you live there.  The only thing that this law did was bring a federal law down to a state level. 
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 1:40pm
Bobbie, I'm not saying anyone on this board has a racial issue but I tend to think that when you look at the general public and the vehemence of some of the responses to this issue, I wonder how much of that is based on the proclaimed reasons of "fairness" and "following the law" or if a little of the response is due to skin color.  You think I'm an apologist for the illegals, but again we're talking about different issues here.  I know this is a big problem and I'm for stronger enforcement, serious penalties, and more fencing if need be.  And I sure don't care what President Calderon down in Mexico thinks about it either.  I'm just saying that it would be an interesting psychology study to see how much of our opinions on a subject are tied, at least in part, to our view of others who look different than us.  Everyone on this thread just gives the same old knee-jerk defensiveness about their belief.  But I'm talking about something different.  Let's let this thread die and move on.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 2:46pm
Bill you are giving us the same Left knee jerk reaction that the Democratic party gives time and time again, must be a racist tendency in this matter, can't be anything else.  Then when it looks like it might be something else for some you can't stand the facts and call everyone a Republican Talking Head or these are typical knee jerk reactions.

Because people don't fit into your little mold, they are wrong.

Man you have that leftist knee jerk stuff real bad.   Adiós Amigo.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 7:23pm
Wasteful, never mind.  You apparently can't read.  Boy, this MUSA is sure a closed minded group of idealogues who read into my posts whatever they want to believe.  Bye folks.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Bill Bill wrote:

Wasteful, never mind.  You apparently can't read.  Boy, this MUSA is sure a closed minded group of idealogues who read into my posts whatever they want to believe.  Bye folks.
We get sick of the same old liberal line of us being racist because we don't like the fact that 30 million illegals have invaded our Country.Only thing I can say is: Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out and say hi to el presidente obama on the way out.

Thank you
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2010 at 2:18am
Bo - where in the world did you get that dang avatar ?!!

I sit here for 45 minutes trying to kill that damn BUG ON MY SCREEN !!!  LOL
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2010 at 6:01am

Bill:

Even though I have followed it with great interest, because of unrelated reasons I have chosen to stay out of this discussion until now.

I can only speak for myself, give my own observations, and provide the conclusions that I have reached.

I am probably one of (if not the) most conservative persons that regularly participates in this forum. Both of my parents were first generation Americans. My grandparents were from Italy and Serbo-Croatia. All of my grandparents were proud to be Americans, learned the language, tried to learn the customs, and I never heard any of them claim to be any sort of “hyphenated” American even though they all spoke with fairly heavy accents and tried to teach us about “the old country” until the days that they died.

One of my very closest, most trusted friends claims to be a liberal and always bragged (until the last 10 or 12 months) that he has always voted a straight Democratic ticket. I even consider Viet Vet a friend and would come to his aid in a heartbeat.

I have worked on many projects with expatriates from Germany, Austria, Korea, Japan and Italy. During these projects, I not only worked with these folks, but also traveled with them and socialized with them. Most of them became good friends, and I felt a tinge of sadness when we parted ways. I took them “under my wing” to keep them from danger or embarrassment due to their being “different” while they were here in America, and they did the same for me on occasions when I had to go to their countries.

I’ve lived for three years on the south side of Chicago, nearly three years just outside of Los Angeles, and three years in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and have lived and worked as well in ethnic areas nearly everywhere else around the country. I was a bachelor until age 44, and have dated legal immigrants and American citizens of nearly every ethnic background.

I have stood up for complete strangers being harassed in bars solely due to ethnicity, and even taken an a$$-whipping in the process.

I say all of that to try to lend some credence when I say that I do not consider myself to be bigoted (except towards fools and bigots).

With all of that having been said, I feel compelled to make a few observations.

First, you seem to have the ridiculous view that all conservatives are racists. That is such a stupid generalization that it deserves no further comment.

Next, you seem to imply that conservatives are opposed to illegal immigrants only because they are “different” than we are, and that if they were not “different”, we would not be opposed to their illegality. America is a melting pot. Exactly which illegal immigrants are you aware of that are NOT different, and from where did they come? If they are NOT different, I would estimate that the odds are about 100 million to one that they are either A) an exiled American trying to sneak back in; or B) a KGB-trained spy who for some reason is not welcome as a defector.

As a young man, when I went to Boston most of the people I met were different. Some of them I liked, some I did not. The same occurred a few years later when I moved to Southern California, and again when I moved from there to Oklahoma. (The folks in Oklahoma were not only different from me, they were very different from the folks that I had just left in California.) Yet, in each of these places, I met some people that I liked, and some that I did not.

Would you care to discuss the time I spent in Japan? NONE of the people that I met there were immigrants (they were all natural-born Japanese citizens), they were all very different, yet some I liked, and some I did not. Some liked me, some did not--even though I entered their country legally and tried, to the best of my ability, not to offend anyone, break any of their laws, seek any special treatment, or take advantage of any of their social services. (Do you think those Japanese who disliked me must have been “conservative Japanese”?)

My suggestion to you would be to try to lose some of your pre-conceived prejudices against conservatives, and judge each of us on the content of our character.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic