FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tyus Elected Middletown School Board President

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tyus Elected Middletown School Board President
    Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 10:30am
Despite failing in his bid to be elected to the Middletown School Board at all, Rev. Gregory Tyus is somehow now President of the school board, two months later. Is this what the voters wanted?

Appointee Tyus Wins School Board Presidency
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 3:13pm

Best of luck to Rev. Gregory Tyus. I hope your administration is able to improve the level of education in Middletown.

I am not satsified with Middletown Local School's rank with State of Ohio Education Department.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2008 at 3:15pm
Middletown
High School
Middletown City District
Butler County

Email a friend about this school

Scores and Rankings  |   Share your thoughts  |   School News  |   Student Corner

School Information:       Student Ethnicity:
Middletown High School
601 N Breiel Blvd
Middletown, OH 45042-3801

(513) 420-4500

Grade Range: 9-12
Enrollment: 1831
Full-Time Teachers: 93
Students per Teacher: 20
W White/Non-Hispanic 77.2%
B Black/Non-Hispanic 18.1%
H Hispanic 2.5%
A Asian/Pacific Islander 0.4%
N American Indian/Alaska Native 0.1%
Ethnicity Data Source (2006)
//Middletown High School
601 N Breiel Blvd
Middletown, OH 45042
"; var marker = createMarker(point,html); map.addOverlay(marker); marker.openInfoWindowHtml(html); } } //]]>
John Beagle

Middletown USA

.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2008 at 8:54am

Nice data on the Middletown School rankings. Hopefully this will help spread the word that the sky is not falling.

MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2008 at 4:16pm
Interesting that Tyus was not elected he had only 16.91% of the vote, now he is the school board president. I do not understand how that can happen.

Here are the results of the election. The top 3 candidates were elected.
JOHN SAUTER  6704 27.83%
KATIE MCNEIL  4943 20.52%
CHRISTOPHER R. FIORA  4938 20.50%
GREGORY TYUS  4073 16.91%
A.J. SMITH  3433 14.25%
John Beagle

Middletown USA

chanzealex View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chanzealex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2008 at 2:30pm
 You all fail to realize when God is in the mix, NO MAN can stop the plan. I believe that there is no such thing as coincidence, but divine providence. Look at how this played out. Remember that at one point and time, he was on the school board and according to his church that I was formerly a member of for 5 1/2 years and according to the community, he was good in that field. Then he ran for the school board again, just recently and what did he do? He lost! Then he was asked to come back on the board to serve as a board member,.....then he was elected president. If a board that constantly works with him daily can find it in their hearts and minds to elect him, placed him as the head of the board, therefore, you should question the entire board or the majority who voted him in. Pastor Tyus can be an asset to the Middletown City Schools. Give him a chance, Bill.
Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2008 at 3:50pm
Ah, divine intervention. That explains it.
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2008 at 6:02pm
I have seen something else under the sun:
       The race is not to the swift
       or the battle to the strong,
       nor does food come to the wise
       or wealth to the brilliant
       or favor to the learned;
       but time and chance happen to them all.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2008 at 2:32pm
I respectfully disagree with you on Tyus's abilities. When he was elected to the School Board, he accomplished absolutely nothing. I challenge you to name a specific idea or plan that he suggested in his tenure on the board.This is also not to say that the other board members are/were any better. They are similar to toads on a log in a pond- barely responding to their surroundings. I suggest to you that the church that thought that he did such a good job as a board member was blind to the fact that they admired him so much as a church member they overlooked his shortcomings as an officeholder.Give him a chance? He's had ample time to be a non-producer. He takes a board seat and serves no useful purpose.Same with some others on the board.The board is part of the equation as to why we are a failing school district.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2008 at 3:41pm
John, Pringle is an Old Man whose time has come and gone.  All he knows how to do is play the race card, personally you do that as often as he does and as far as I am concerned your opinion is worthless.

Blacks make up about 11% of the Middletown population according to the 2000 census, if may be slightly higher now.

Blacks make up 20% of the Middletown Board of Education.

Blacks make up about 29% of the Middletown City Council.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2008 at 5:29pm
Thanks for sharing those stats.

I think the AA community is well represented in Middletown.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic