FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any scanner owners out there?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ddd123 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any scanner owners out there?
    Posted: May 27 2010 at 6:59pm
Does anyone know if the Middletown Police changed their frequencies?  I no longer recieve them on my scanner.  Thanks.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2010 at 9:39pm
The MPD moved to the 800MHz band. To receive them you need a digital scanner.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 8:43am
Yeah I found this out this week,they switched to digital making our scanners obsolete.

I wished all this digital stuff was shoved up someone's _____ . I don't take change very well. Disapprove
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
ddd123 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2010 at 11:22am
Thanks for the information. 
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2010 at 2:21am
Has anyone checked out the new digital scanners ?

I would love to have one...30,000 channels, but man the price is a killer.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 6:06pm

Sorry if my first post on middletownusa is a question but I found this site while trying to google for the midd police talk group or frequency. I have a trunked radio but have not been able to find the midd channel. Can someone please help??  Thank You!!

On another note- The Ohio Supreme Court ruled today that an officers visual estimation of your speed is enough to pull you over and give you a ticket. They no longer need a radar reading or other verification to ticket you  Shocked
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 10:25pm
Trunking system not good enough any more,the scanner has to be digital and also the right system to work and I hear that its a pain to program them.
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 11:10pm
I'm new to scanners and I thought this version was a digital... A buddy had programed some warren co channels in for me. I agree, I have had a hard time trying to figure it out.
   UNIDEN BC-60XLT-1 30 Channel Programmable Hand held Scanner The BC 60XLT-1 is a 30 channel programmable scanning radio. Features include: 10 band coverage with public service, one touch weather, full frequency LCD, track tuning, ac/dc operation, aa nicads or aa alkaline batteries.
So any info in general on digital scanners will be appreciated. Pm if you want.
And if anyone has any freq for the midd police channels maybe when I learn to program it i could use them lol
Thanks!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 11:32pm
Eleven,
I think your scanner has a range of only 29 to 470-512 MHz UHF.

I also think that all Butler County law enforcement, fire, and similar agencies now use 800Mhz equipment.

If I am correct, your scanner will not access their transmissions.

I could be wrong.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 11:51pm
Here is some basic info:

The control channel is 853.2875 MHz with 3 alternate control channels.
One of the alternates is used if for some reason the main control channel goes down.
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 11:53pm
I think I have actually heard some of the butler co channels on it. Going to look up some of the depts that I can more easily find then the Midds. Then tackle trying to program some of those in and check. May have been in channels that started  EX: 867.xxxx.
Wish me luck and thanks to both of you guys
OT- have enjoyed reading through some of this forum. Thanks to those responsible for the work put into it Thumbs%20Up
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2010 at 11:58pm

Thank you  409     Much appreciated!

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2010 at 12:12am
Eleven.......The MFD is simulcasting and can still be heard at 154.25 MHz.
                  I don't know how much longer they will be doing this.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2010 at 12:44am
Eleven,
These two web pages may help: 
Be sure to read the note directy under the Ohio map on the first link:
"All Police, Fire and EMS agencies in Butler County are now using the new countywide Butler Regional Interoperability Communications System (BRICS) a true P-25 digital system. You now need a digital capable scanner to monitor it."
Now I'm going to the tavern to think about other things.
I hope that this helps.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2010 at 12:10pm
Just bought one of the new scanners and still cant find the channel for Middletown Police
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2010 at 12:22am

All was good w my old scanner until last week. Noticed most of the traffic was gone but was still getting that one channel. First thought maybe I had accidently unprogrammed it. Then it dawned on me... midd had finally gone digital.  Now I'm going to have to figure out the whole new system. Hoping to get some time this weekend to read and research and toy around w the new scanner. No doubt some cursing will go on and I'll prob be calling it some choice names lol   Wish me luck!  Thanks for all the tips everyone  I'm still open for advice Smile

Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2010 at 12:26am
409    Don't think I caught anything on 154.  today. Think its gone?  And thanks again for all the info!
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2010 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Eleven Eleven wrote:

409    Don't think I caught anything on 154.  today. Think its gone?  And thanks again for all the info!
The fire dept is still active on 154.25 MHz as of this morning.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 8:40pm
well if MPD Changed their freq. does anyone have it figured out yet so I can get it on mine
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 9:57pm
you guys ever hear anything interesting?? I never thought about using a scanner. Sounds kind of cool to check out.
ddd123 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2010 at 1:22am
I went to Radio shack and got a shiny new radio that is the correct one for this area.  Now I have searched and searched put in the frequencies and I am yet to find the correct combination to receive the Police or Fire.  Does anyone have any help they can offer?  Does anyone have one that is working?
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2010 at 9:22am
Originally posted by ddd123 ddd123 wrote:

I went to Radio shack and got a shiny new radio that is the correct one for this area.  Now I have searched and searched put in the frequencies and I am yet to find the correct combination to receive the Police or Fire.  Does anyone have any help they can offer?  Does anyone have one that is working?
Take it back to Radio Shack and have them install the Butler County network of frequencies with their computer. (BRICS) If the RS you bought it from is not set up to do this have them call one that is and take it there. This is much easier than manually programming it. Then as you scan, you can lock out the items you are not interested in hearing. (ie: the Butler County jail which is encrypted).
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2010 at 10:18am
ddd123....the Radio Shack digital scanners are made by GRECOM. You can find the complete instruction manuals on their website: www.greamerica.com .The handheld is the equivalent of the GRE PSR-500. The base/mobile is the equivalent of the GRE PSR-600. The only difference is the face layout. Otherwise they are virtually identical. The GRE instruction manual is more complete than the RS manual.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2010 at 10:23am
Originally posted by ddd123 ddd123 wrote:

Just curious what model scanner did you get,I have been thinking about taking the plunge and getting a new one.
ddd123 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddd123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2010 at 2:56pm
Thanks for the help.  I bought a Pro-106 on sale.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic