FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Road apple /Sorg opera house

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
concerned View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concerned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Road apple /Sorg opera house
    Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 1:13pm
There are at least 60 events scheduled at the Sorg Opera House that houses Road Apple Music.  There the community can find something for anyone to enjoy.  They do alot for youths including those who are under privileged.   They also house Toys4Tots free of charge.  Our community needs to be involved and help support their efforts.  They also offer a game room, recording studio , fitness room and much more.  Go take a tour and see this for yourself. 

They even do free movie's and more. Yet where is our community?  This is a great place for our town and could be so much more if we get behind them.
Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 2:21pm
I was at the Sorg myself last summer to see some bands playing, the place is really nice and has a lot of potential. I think it might be more of a young people's hangout than anything else, though.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 3:45pm
Welcome concerned. Please keep us updated on events at the Sorg Opera House in Middletown, Ohio. My wife has played piano there for several plays and events through the years.  The Sorg is great place to entertain for over 100 years.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2008 at 5:38pm
The community is hustling and bustling along.  Boy Scouts Monday Night, Exercise class Wednesday and Thursday, Firday is sons Basketball practice and Saturday is Basketball games.

Can you move it to the East end..........................just kidding.  Sorg suffers from being on the wrong end of town for many......if not most.
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2008 at 9:04am
"Move it to the East end." lol

From one end of town to the next it's only like 7 miles. ( East to West )

So Pacman... study up and try to get a drivers license and the town wont seem so big anymore.

: )

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2008 at 9:37am

.308 why do you think downton is a ghost town and businesses have packed up and moved out.  IT'S TO FAR FOR PEOPLE TO DRIVE KNOW A DAYS.  People want Convienence and for most people in Middletown that means not driving to downtown.  I guess you can tell I am not a big fan or believer that downtown is going to be revived in any substantial form anytime soon.  The action is on the East End and around 75, just a simple fact of life.

It is great what they try to do for the kids but getting the kids to there during the day is no easy task, if you work........so move it to the east end.Smile

Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2008 at 9:44am
5, tops.
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2008 at 10:18am

I agree. The downtown will continue to struggle and any comeback will hinge on its ability to offer a unique product or service to the consumer. When that happens however, such as in the case of the Sorg, I believe people will make the drive.

GODOWNTOWN View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GODOWNTOWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2008 at 1:26pm

I see on the Road Apple Music My space page We as a community can now make a donation to help the people at the Sorg Opera House Keep it going. I have visited there several times and the people running this are doing a great job, as I am sure it is hard.  We as a commuinty , if we cant attend events atleast can make a donation to help as this is a great save haven for the youth of our community, with drug and alcohol free events happening every weekend. Come on guys  this is a chance to help.

Lets see who is really in support of Our Downtown.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2008 at 11:29am
Let me know when they clean up the page, I can wade thru all the BS, but the two dogs did me in.  Not what I would want to represent my business.
GODOWNTOWN View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GODOWNTOWN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2008 at 4:26pm

The comment has been deleted I see. The page is very informative.

arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2008 at 12:57pm
That was an interesting myspace page.

If we can help out by posting any new Sorg info on this website please send us an e-mail at web@xponex.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic