FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me. please Ms. G!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me. please Ms. G!
    Posted: Jun 16 2010 at 8:12am

Now, I know that I saw Ms. Gilleland at the Council meeting last night, and I presume that Mr. Kohler, in his official capacity as Planning Director, was speaking for the City. Perhaps Ms. G. can explain THIS to me, so that I can better explain it to other Middletonians:

Mr. Kohler stated that, via the new re-zoning of the previously rezoned, overlay of the former rezoned rezoning of the rezoning resulting from the 2005 rezoning of the original zoning, it was his intent to aim development of the areas just east of Interstate 75 at walk-up and bike traffic to serve residents of the immediate area. I think that that’s a WONDERFUL idea, but you all know that I’m not too bright. With that in mind, perhaps Ms. Gilleland could explain WHY we want to aim an area immediately adjacent to an interchange on one of the most heavily traveled stretches of interstate in the whole wide gall-darned United States of America towards pedestrian and bike traffic, yet, at the very same time, we seem to be aiming things in our former downtown (where there seems to be MOSTLY pedestrian and bike traffic, and only about .000000000000001% of the vehicular traffic at DRIVE IN TOURISM miles from the great majority of our city’s hotel/motel room count!!!

Remember, Ms. G., I am in complete agreement with YOU and YOUR sub-ordinates, I just can’t figure out how to explain it to all of the others!

Please help me!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2010 at 12:23pm
No explanation needed Mike. Just know that we are dealing with incompetent people who occupy our city government in almost every department. They really need to stay in the public sector moving from town to town as they do, to be able to function as they do. If they were to come to private industry, with their capabilities of reasoning and decision-making that they have demonstrated, they wouldn't last past their first week's paycheck if they operated in this manner. They are their own breed and are lost as to any common sense or logic. We are doomed as long as we retain their services in this city. I agree with you, the longer they are here, the more damage they will do. We need to elect a council with a backbone and some guts, have that council sit down and create a list of who will be let go, why and give them a separation date while working on their replacements using common sense, logic, past accomplishments based on our city needs and creativity as the criteria for hiring. The new group will understand they are in a probationary period for performance and will be let go also, it they demonstrate the same type of thinking that we currently have. JMO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic