FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Lovely Day in Middletown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Lovely Day in Middletown
    Posted: Jun 25 2010 at 5:25pm

Driver hits child after dropping off prostitute; incident leads to prostitution sting

Staff Report
Updated 5:16 PM Friday, June 25, 2010

MIDDLETOWN — An investigation into a 7-year-old girl struck by a vehicle today, June 25, led to five arrests in a prostitution sting.

Cary Ty Lawson of Middletown struck the child, a witness said, after dropping off a prostitute in the 1800 block of Carroll Avenue, authorities said. He then improperly backed up his pickup truck at about 1:30 p.m. today, June 25.

The child was transported to the Atrium Medical Center by the Middletown Division of Fire for treatment.

Lawson was taken to the Middletown jail and charged with improperly backing a motor vehicle and soliciting, police said.

Middletown police then conducted an undercover sting that lasted just more than an hour.

The following people also were arrested, according to police.

• Summer Hipsher was arrested and charged with prostitution and drug abuse at the Mission of Hope, 1732 Central Ave.

• Kristy Marcum was arrested and charged with prostitution and drug abuse at 1st Avenue and Garfield Street.

• Tabitha Taylor was arrested and charged with prostitution and drug abuse at Charles Street and Columbia Avenue.

• Debra Taylor was arrested and charged with prostitution, loitering to engage in prostitution and drug paraphernalia at Curtis Street and Girard Avenue.

All were booked in the Middletown City Jail and are scheduled to appear in court on Monday, June 28.

Earlier this week, police arrested two other Middletown residents for similar activity.

Samantha Stevens of 3101 Omaha Street was charged with two counts of loitering to engage in prostitution on two different days. She is currently in the Middletown City Jail.

Karl Keister was charged with loitering to engage in prostitution, improper turn and seat belt violation. Keister is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, June 30.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2010 at 6:43pm
If I may Pac, I'd like to pause and reflect on how proud I am to call this my hometown! ........... On behalf of all long time residents of the proud city of Middletown, I'm going to overstep my boundries (forgive me His Majesty Mayor Lawrence Mulligan Jr. Esquire) by declaring June the 25th, 2010 as MIDDLETOWN PRIDE DAY- (proclamation to be read at the next council meeting)......... "whereas the long time residents of this city are as proud as punch of the current situation of the city" and "whereas the born and raised citizens of this fair metropolis are recognized on this day as having weathered some of the worst inept decisions imaginable by a city government over the last 30 years and "whereas the seasoned veterans of city residency have endured the most insidious acts of city image destruction incurred by any city in recent memory".
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2010 at 9:16pm

Good proclamation Vet Clap

Well your going to have hookers in any city of any size. This is an age old profession and has been around forever and nobody has an inkling how to stop it. Working girls get arrested for it and are back to work in a day or two with nothing but a slap on the wrist. I doubt prison time would deter them. It's easy money and they don't pay taxes so......but to run over a child while dropping off a hooker,thats pretty bad.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2010 at 10:37pm
Great double header for TV Middletown....... "The Gorgeous Girls of Middletown" followed by "Hookers On Patrol" or "Hookers For Hire". Randall Eugene- you have a camera or camcorder, right? Assignment for you if you choose to accept it. Follow these gals around, kinda like the program Cheaters. Hermes, tag along and write a story line. Put a program together and submit it to TV Middletown. Will go along with the town theme nowadays and help promote the city's image a bit more, right?

Another idea.....we'll call it " A Day In The Life" featuring all the prominent city leaders in town. Randall Eugene can follow Gilleland around filming her as she goes about the day's rigors in her job capacity. Maybe follow Robinette the next day and so on. Will give all of us citizens an overview of how hard our elected and appointed officials work for us. Can't wait until you get to Marty and Leslie's day. Want to see them in action.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic