FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Garage Demo 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Garage Demo 2
    Posted: Jul 15 2010 at 11:42am

OOPS!

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 11:57pm

Ironic.....the Sorg remediation is nearing completion.

SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2010 at 8:11pm
Thanks for the photos!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 7:06pm
Ahhh the Paramount Theatre......where I went with grandma in the 50's when Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was playing on a Saturday. Got scared at the ugly old witch and got close to grandma as she laughed. Where I saw Moby Dick and came home and sharpened a stick making a "harpoon" and sticking it in the ground, which was the whale. (What an imagination) Where they closed off the balcony because the kids would go up there with their soda and popcorn and throw the gooey mess down on the people below.

Down the street, the YMCA at the corner of Broad and Manchester. Went there in the 60's in the basement called the Inferno and listened to the Intruders and worked the girl scene. Lost a class ring down there somewhere.

Ahhh, the memories!
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 1:40pm
I know what you mean vet. I bet the people long ago felt the same way as you when all the houses and businesses were torn down on North Broad...then the Paramount was put up along with the other places you remember when you were a youngin :)
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 6:38am
You know, looking at the parking garage rubble in 409's last picture.......can't help thinking it is a symbol of the desolation that all of this "de-construction" is creating. I'm not saying all the demolition is a bad thing. Certainly some of these structures need to go away, but it kinda leaves an "empty feeling" to see some of the buildings you "grew up with" going by the wayside. Guess I'm just gettin' old and not likin' the changes that much. Just a grouchy old fart set in his ways. You youngins' .....your time is gonna come.(Randall Lou)

On the subject of demolition.....took the wife to the cardiologist at Hilltop by the old hospital location on Saturday. Saw for the first time, the aftermath of the hospital removal. Big empty lot with grass and a decent view of the valley. Would be a nice location to buy up the whole lot and build there.
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 2:34am
I think it will make things look a lot better without it there.  Good picts 409!
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2010 at 12:18am

Progress as of Sunday

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic