FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One More Closed Business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2010 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

Why are they putting a new roof on Pizza Hut?? Has it been sold already or are the current owners trying to spruce it up for a  future sale???

This was mentioned in the DDN article:

Fuller said the restaurants that are closing may be remodeled and may reopen in their current location, or there may be other newly constructed Pizza Hut restaurants that could open nearby. But he said the chain is not ready to announce detailed plans.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2010 at 3:38pm
"Thanks I must have missed that.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2010 at 9:31pm
They removed the "hut" roof!?!
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 1:41am
Looks like they are trying to de-brand the building by removing the hut shape and bright red shingles. Pizza Hut has done this on other buildings they've closed and sold (Hamilton Route 4 and Springdale Springfield Pike for example).
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2010 at 1:20am
Bad economy means people are looking for the best values they can find such as is with pet food, usually bought in bulk.   Look for more to go in the next 6 months or so. 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2010 at 8:14am
Taste of Memphis, located next to Marsh is no more!!! Closed about a week or so a go. Dispute among the owners is what I was told. So, one more business gone!!!
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2010 at 6:12pm
Interestingly, a pets store is opening in the old Hollywood Video just down from the business closing that started this thread.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 12:03am
If these places only took food stamps they'd be doing well right now.Confused
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 12:01pm
U nailed it Bo
Only action in town is Ohio Direction card ,WIC and credit cards.
Can't rob any place any more because they have no cash.shoplifting is also a preferred method of payment, with the revolving door court system.

Hate to hear about Taste of Memphis.
Good group of long-term locals who have always supported other locals.
Good food and affordable also.
Road construction for 8 months didn't help at that busy intersection.

I feel badly for not giving them more support.
I know that they put a lot of effort and enthusiasm in that location.
I will miss them, but didn't put my money where my big mouth is.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2010 at 4:50pm
It makes me sick to see able body people grilling steaks and eating and drinking (lots of beer and alcohol) till the wee hours of the morning while our tax dollars pay for it all via foodstamps,while my family thinks about how we are going to eat cheaper because everything is going up but my paycheck..I know people who have been drawing unemployment for over 2 years and want to cry about how its running out and their aren't any jobs out there but yet they wouldn't work if you handed them a top paying job.In my opinion some of these people now feel entitled to taxpayer furnished hand outs and will be hard to get motivated.This is part of whats wrong with The economy,unmotivated freeloaders that the rest of us have to drag along,and I  respect the people out there that truly need help and have no issues with those people.
Dooraghero View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dooraghero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2010 at 9:57pm
"As long as you have a leadership that thinks the Savior of Middletown is an Arts District downtown and they continue to ignore the businesses they have this will go on.  Look for more to go in the next 6 months or so. "   They've been taking lessons from Cincinnati.  Middletown will have the Arts Center and Cincy will have the Trolley to NoWhere.  Both will, no doubt, have to be subsidized infinitum.  But they will save these cities, even at the cost of essential services such as police and fire.  They'll attract tourists by the gazillions says the city officialdom.   And the madness continues . . .
Would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance,just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they'll never take our FREEDOM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic