Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Saturday, April 27, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - City Hall:  Information Sharing with Middletonians
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

City Hall: Information Sharing with Middletonians

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nelson Self View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: City Hall: Information Sharing with Middletonians
    Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 7:14am

Middletown badly needs open, honest and productive local government.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 11:06am
You need to make that into a poster or billboard  LOL

Your question " Is it true that that the only good Middletonians are citizens who agree 100% with your policies? " this is true even with the federal level of government. You either agree 100% or your unamerican. I think someone named Bush said that too.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 11:46am
Well that's just swell Nelson. Now you've gone and done it. Your
"Judy Doody Time" is gonna get us all in trouble. When Ms. Gilleland either finds this or is advised that it is here by her city employees who check on us lower echelon "peanut gallery" riff raff periodically, we're all in for it. We're all about ready to feel the wrath of "Judy Doody's" kick to our booty. The only thing saving us now is that she's feeling ok and not too moody.

Keep it going Hermes!

Hermes- take a long hard look at that picture of W.C.Fields above. Notice the dignified, concerned, serious look on the face. Tell me, does that remind you of the look of a certain city official or not? Just curious.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 1:05pm
BILL BECKER ? LOL

Vet - One of these days cops are going to knock our doors down and haul us all off to jail for some of the stuff we say on here. LOL
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 1:23pm
Come on, Mr.Self--what is the point of your post?
Juvenile name-calling, and basic cruel insults will get us nowhere and take us further backwards.
This kind of crap stinks regardless of the source or object of scorn.
We can and must be more constructive  than "them"
I like Ms.G very much, and have never heard her say anything derogatory about this site or anyone here(doesn't mean that she hasn't/doesnt).
Marconi and Armbruster were our most vocal critics--they are long gone

Still-time to ramp up this site again in the best direction and substance
The knowledge , focus and willpower are already here.

So--I need to watch myself not to be hypocritical.
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 2:20pm

A word got to me that Ms. Judy and a council member were trying to find out who I was. They said I knew too much info from inside the city building. Hell, most of the time, I don't remember who I am!LOL

Nelson Self View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 4:11pm
Now, now Spider John.  LOL
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by jag123 jag123 wrote:

A word got to me that Ms. Judy and a council member were trying to find out who I was. They said I knew too much info from inside the city building. Hell, most of the time, I don't remember who I am!LOL

What is your name ? Where were you on 9/11 ? What is your dogs name ? What type of TV programs do you watch ? Have you ever listened to Rush Limbaugh ? Do you read the Middeltown Journal ?

We are watching you !!! Cool
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 5:17pm

OK Mr.Self---try taking some constructive advice instead of viewing it as a personal attack(like your name-calling self-serving bridge-burning prior post).

At least I can face Council myself, as  I probably will 2morrow night, to discuss my issues.
Try it sometime to conquer your imaginary demons.

Sit on the fence?
Give me a f'n break and get real for a change, you wuss.

I stand for what I stand for--not what you want me to champion.
I am much more active for change in these situations than you will ever be because you are a pretender.

I am not afraid to change my position when I think it to be correct or necessary, and owe you no explanation other than what I say.

Grow up.

Now someone tell me how to get out of italics!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 5:25pm
So Spider how did the Master Plan meeting go?Big%20smile  Oh and hit the "I" button at the top.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 6:43pm
Don't do it, Spider!!!  Don't HIT anything!!!

Let's keep this a "non-violent" site! Ouch

Besides, the "I" button never did anything to hurt you!!! LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 6:46pm
pacman--it was so-so
Mr.Robinette seems OK, though not quite on the page that would help you or me.
I had to quit talking after a while, since most others were silent.
I didn't want to dominate--lol

It does drive me crazy when people like Mr.Robinette and Mr.Rasmussen tell me that we can't dwell on the past decisions and performance. Well--neither of them have lived in this city for one f'n day, and don't see these problem issues play out 24/7. And they have no idea what we have come from to the messes we have now.

Can't dwell on the past?
Uhhh---until something is changed and decisions are made, our past equals the present and will probably be our future.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2010 at 7:37pm
So what is Rasmussen's answer to the mess he inherited.  He has been here for what, going on 4 months now, haven't heard much, of course it is summer now, but would like to hear something as to what his plan if any is for the future.

Robinette ah he doesn't get my vote for much.  Fine to bring in the 20-30 or so jobs here and there, but those jobs don't bring residents to Middletown as there is nothing here to move here for.  Retail non-existent, Entertainment non-existent or antiquated, Services Limited and leaving.

The city has basically forgotten about the part of the business economy/community that attracts residents and opted instead to try and cater to the Out of Towner's with the PAC, doesn't really make a whole lot of sense for a town that is going down the drain, but then again the city never asks anyone that is not on the Good Old Boy list for their opinion.

18 months and counting.
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2010 at 9:09pm
They said I knew too much info from inside the city building.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic