Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, April 19, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ah, it is so nice to be known for something.......
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ah, it is so nice to be known for something.......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ah, it is so nice to be known for something.......
    Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 7:39am
Thumbs%20DownThumbs%20DownThumbs%20DownThumbs%20DownThumbs%20Down

Let's keep up the good work and get that Bark Park going, we need to have the Police do another study maybe this time for a Cat & Mouse park.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 8:27am

Glad you posted this Wasteful, the video has been turned off, but you can still view it here

Middletown cleans up downtown. I  disagree that it is the missions fault. Right behind the mission is a house where all this crap takes place. It is about 100 yards from Vail Middle School. I t wouldn't matter what business was there, it would still be happening.

There are people in this town that go to that mission because they need serious help, to close it would hurt people that need it. Why not start with the houses these hookers and drug dealers live in. There is no way the cops dont know where this is.

I am not saying the mission doesn't serve some bad people, but I am sure those same people go to Walmart. And if that hooker was at Walmart and found a John there would we be talking about closing down Walmart???
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 8:52am
Randy you can't be the Soup Kitchen for the world.  You need to put a limit on what this city can do for the people in Need and the rest of the area needs to step up and pick up the slack, otherwise Downtown will just be what it has become today.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 9:09am
we can help those that need it by giving them some McDonald's coupons and paying for their cab ride out of here.  Tired of being the repository for every troubled person or those who can't ever get their act together.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 10:58am
Waste, While I agree with you to a point, no one else is stepping up to help those in need, at least not at the moment. I drive downtown quite offten and past that mission.  Granted there are always people out and about there some looking for food and some looking for.....well not food.

But the mission is not the only place down there that is a magnet for hookers and drug dealers. About 3 blocks up is the cell phone store, and there are ALWAYS ladies of the night (in the middle of the day) standing around looking for... "work"

The whole area needs cleaned up thats all there is to it.

Bill, who will pay this ?? The Tax Payers? I do not see a problem helping those that need it. I dont think the issue is the Mission I think the issue is or should be all the drug dealers and hookers that are pretty much allowed to wonder the streets and do their business freely and in the open.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 12:16pm
Randy you are to naive in your thinking about this city.  It has been said on here before you can not spend so much time and money in this city catering solely to the less fortunate and survive.  You run off the future of this city in your young residents by catering to the poor.  The Older Citizens in this city that call the shots don't seem to care that they are killing the City, driving out it's future citizens, it's churches are dying from a lack of younger parishioners, it's livelihood is basically gone with their antiquated way of thinking.  I mean it is utterly ridicules what goes on in this city.  
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 1:34pm
Waste, my thinking can a little naive at times, but this is not one of those times. This mission is not a city run place, not that am aware of. I do think that Middletown has spent too much time and money on the poor here instead of trying to bring jobs so those that are low income and out of work can find a job.

But this topic has nothing to do with that. This is about weather or not the mission downtown is supporting criminal activities?? i do not think it is, I think it is sad that we have so many poor people here, but the criminal activities that go on are being ignored by the city and mostly by the police. All because you have a bust once a month or every two months means nothing. What about all the other days you just drive by the hooker flagging down cars?? If those things were stopped and harsher penalties were imposed when caught, then we could still have a mission catering to the truly needy in this town.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 4:13pm
Way past time that everyone acknowledged that the former downtown area now belongs to the poor and challenged. Govt.assistance offices-Hope House-Family Services-missions-free food--pawn/re-sale shops--u name it.

What do people see when they attend the Bashes?--few to no businesses exist, and none are open.
Bicentennial Commons? lol
Beau Verre locks their doors.

Hopefully more millions won't be wasted trying to revive this area.
No one live there anyway.
Even the cheap bars can't survive.
The more they arrest/publicize the prostitution thing, the more people are driven to go there to find action it seems.

Actually--I say that city Admin caused all of this over a LONG time--and at a huge cost to everyone
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 4:30pm
If they relocate or close down the Mission where are me and Vet going to hang out ? Cry

Guess we could go over to Randy's house and sit on the porch.

Randy probably wouldn't mind if we bring a few "friends" with us. Wink
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 5:24pm
Well said Spider
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2010 at 5:36pm
Hermes, you are more than welcom e to hang on my pourch, Vet can come to as long as he wears his Bengals gear. Speaking of the Bengals, I wanna find a good bar to watch opening day. Wanna join me Hermes? We could get Presta to come as long as ther is some beer.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2010 at 9:33am
Maybe they should quit wasting their time harassing the prostitutes, and focus on the underlying problem?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

Speaking of the Bengals, I wanna find a good bar to watch opening day. Wanna join me Hermes? We could get Presta to come as long as ther is some beer.
Sure!!  But only if it's a night game.  I never drink before breakfast.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic