FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Plum8up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Plum8up
    Posted: Aug 13 2010 at 8:06am

Plum8up:

I’ve read and re-read all of your posts on this forum, and I think that I’ve got a better understanding of where you are coming from.

No, you don’t know me. If you ever got to really know me, you would understand that I am closer to a teddy bear than a pit bull. You would also understand that I spent the best part of my adult life watching after other people’s money, and that I am especially passionate about The People’s money.

I was stunned last Tuesday when it appeared that this PAC thing seemed destined to pass. It left we, The People, very little time to gingerly and lovingly lobby our representatives before this Emergency was to be acted upon. There would be no “do overs”, and no one was even bothering to ask any questions.

You stated that Laubach had “posted rebuttals” here, but they were weak, at best and mostly based on “feelings” not facts. His rebuttals have been well refuted using facts, history and logic, and he has made no attempt to answer.

Even in your posts, Mr. Plum, we pointed out that your own words were more reason NOT to proceed than actually to proceed. You, or was it he, complained of “past councils’ decisions” and of “Mr. Marconi” but neither of those things have anything to do with THIS decision, unless you are willing to look back and learn from the mistakes made, and that seems to be verboten for some strange reason. But two wrongs will not make a right in this case--they will just make a greater wrong!!!

Now I really don’t mean to knock BeauVerre. That is not my purpose. Kohler cut a great a great deal for them, and I hope they go on to make a fortune. But what did The People get out of it after five years??? Hom many are on their payroll??? How many other businesses have they spurred (that are still open)???

And anyone with any sense should realize that the comparisons between PAC-Cinci and PAC-M are false. Even attributing all of the development that is being attributed to PAC-Cinci to it is ridiculous on the face of it!!! There are ten of thousands of residents in the immediate area, hundreds of other businesses, loads of shopping and probably nearly a hundred thousand workers, shoppers, and visitors who travel to downtown Cincinnati every day. PAC-Cinci is NOT the economic engine of that area, and to try to say it is, is to try to deceive the citizens and council members of our city!!!

PLEASE tell Mr. Laubach to do the right thing!!! Please vote NO!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
TANGO View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2010 at 7:42pm
Well plum8up it sounds like mike got some good facts, but I am still waiting on a solution.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic