FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Revelos Bldg. Demo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 8:31am

Viper
You need to call the City and request to be placed on the list.
Jay Moorman has removed items from many of the buildings before they were torn down.

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 10:10am
Backwards Citizen--the total land swap costs from both deals(over the last 7? years)
may well = $600,000+.
Factor in all of the man power, legal wrangling, ED time spent and the demo work, and the TOTAL taxpayer contribution subsidy to the end result of another private sector convenience store at a major clusterf**k  intersection is probably much higher.

ED rants about retail glut(???), then creates 2 more convenience strore/service stations competing in the same economic desert area, where many other long-term similar entities are already struggling. And is stll wanting another market down there to serve just who? Competition an sales are hard enough to come by currently, without new city-subsidized entities added to the small over-serviced area.

Why not knock down the Sorg Mansion(too expensive to realistically re-hab, and use for ??) and develop that area into a mini mall with coffee shop, restaurant and boutique entities to service THAT area, which enters primarily mid-scale residential to better balance and serve the area?

Sorg Opera House and the Pickwick Building are in sorry shape--where are the hysterical controllers?
They also let the mansion slip badly because they want a cozy relationship with the owner. VERY expensive long-term choices.
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

"Architecture was questionable"???

Isn't that a matter of taste???  Isn't ALL taste subjective???  Some architect somewhere must've thought it was pretty attractive, and affixed his seal--earned through years of study and proven by multiple examinations--to the plans.  And YOUR degree in architecture is from where, and what is YOUR Ohio registration number???

Quite possibly, the design didn't appeal to any architect. It appealed to the developer who knew it would be quick, cheap, and easy to build.

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2010 at 4:17pm
It's Down!
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2010 at 11:00am
I didn't know there was a list! I will have to check this out. Thanks for the info.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2010 at 11:46am
It's down. Yes, and now another big empty hole in the city. Nothing like wide-open spaces! Did Rausch do the demo again? If so, does this Stevie Rausch demolition company sell stock? Seem to be making alot of money just in this city alone. Did the city get a discount on the price since Rausch seems to be demolishing at a record clip? Whoops, sorry Neil Barille, asking too many questions and "outragin'" again. Dam!
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 1:58pm
spiderjohn  has no idea what he is talking about. He makes up numbers and spews misinformation.

Come on Steve, you can do better.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 2:18pm
Mtown - Can you prove his numbers are wrong? If so post it and back up your comments, if not be careful calling someone a liar.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 3:07pm
randy

so a person has to be proved wrong. spiderjohn  is the one that has made up figures about the cost of City projects. Shouldn't he be responsible for backing up his claims with facts (data).

Or is MiddletownUSA just a gossip column for the disgruntled.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 3:08pm
sorry if I posted bad info, mtown.
Since I am wrong and so far off, you must have the correct #s.
Could you please post them, going back to when this project originated, including all of the staff time($$$) involved in the planning and negotiations. The cost of the original plot of properties, the cost of the 1st/Central purchases, and the city's share of the demo and prints?
Since the "city" is not entirely up-front on their expenditures and costs associated with these type of projects, it is pretty tough to accurately assume the cost package.

Was I not approached to take over the last project?
Are you implying that I am making this up?

In no way do I want to mis-lead anyone, and would greatly appreciate seeing where I am wrong.
I was estimating the overall associated expenses honestly to the best of my ability.
I pride myself in being honest and straight-forward.

And your point in bring my full name into this?
Interesting that, once again, I am singled out by effort to identify the "name behind the name".
Do you see this as some type of intimidation to others, and hope for some type of retribution for my opinions? Is it a message to others to avoid the same?
Been there b4 mtown(I know Middletown, and you ain't Middletown).
Should I "out" a few other posters?
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 3:09pm
randy

i didn't say he was a liar, i just said he makes up the information he posts. if that makes him a liar then so be it
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 4:03pm
so--what exactly are you saying, mtown?
Please produce the hard #s to back up your statement.

Those living in and off of the ivory tower/bunker have become obsessed with this place and trying to dis-credit everyone. Paranoid? Fearful? Of what?
If there is anything that doesn't add up going on, it may well be originating in the area formerly known as downtown.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 4:12pm
Mtown, when you come on my site and start calling out posters by their real name I have problem with that, A big problem in fact. Would you like me to post your email address for all to see? The fact is Spider John has been a business owner in this town for over 50 years (I believe) and  has employed more people in this town than most business have or will. If you have proof that he is making up numbers (and that is the same as lying) than prove it.

You come on MiddletownUSA and call one person out (by name) you bet I am going to step up and make you back up what you said.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 5:11pm
So---mtown(whomever), you choose to "out" me(too late! been done already by the school admin team) and call me a liar(isn't a liar someone who INTENTIONALLY misleads ?) instead of posting the "accurate" costs associated with the Duncan Oil project that has been on-going for 7+ years(could you also verify exactly when and how the "city" became involved in this project?).
Been called a lot of things--dishonest is rarely one of them.

Should I be bothered by now having to compete with a "like" business that is also heavily subsidized by my city govt with taxpayer(MY) $$? And in an area already over-saturated with similar retail?

Bring on the REAL $$ #S from beginning to end, including all municipal manpower and legal costs associated.
If proven wrong(wasy off in my assesment), then I will gladly apologize for my guess being way off.
Are you sure that it is ME  who is zooming everyone?
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 7:40pm
Mtown, since you know so much about what the numbers are, why don't you fill us all in? I'd love to know how much tax money has been involved in the shuffling of ownership of properties in the train depot area.

This whole train depot thing sounds like a scam from the start to me. There was never any chance of a stop in Middletown. If they were truly trying to "beautify" the train depot area for out-of-towners then a new mega Duncan Oil gas station would not be the way to do it.

It reminds me of the time several council members flew to Vegas and bragged how some Italian restaurant (can't remember the name of it) "might" be interested in locating to Middletown because they really "talked up" how great Middletown is. Of course, it never happened. I guess those council members weren't aware of the demographic studies any company does before opening a new location. If we have council members and a mayor that do not know simple business practices like that, how can we ever expect things to improve? Or did they really know and just came up with a B.S. story so the tax payers would think they went to Vegas and really worked it instead of doing what most do in Vegas.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 8:57pm
Spider,
          My guess is that you won't hear much more from Mtown. He appears to be trying to take a cheap shot at you. We will see if he has anything worthwhile to back up his spouting off. I believe he will go quietly into the sunset.  Don't let him discourage you.
            Paul Nagy
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 9:03pm

And YOUR degree in architecture is from where

Mike Brady University

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 3:54am
So who is that?  The dad on "The Brady Bunch"???
Anything not designed by this guy is "questionable"???  That'll come as quite a shock to fans of Wren, Wright, Pei, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

PS: I don't smoke ANYTHING illegal!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2010 at 8:20pm

I don't smoke ANYTHING illegal!!!

Will you reconsider if legalized? Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic