FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Artist Painting of Himself Killing the Pope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Artist Painting of Himself Killing the Pope
    Posted: Sep 28 2010 at 11:17am

A Brazilian artist has provoked outrage by unveiling a series of drawings in which he depicts himself assassinating nine world leaders.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/art-news/8027019/Brazilian-artist-in-the-frame-assassinating-the-Pope-the-Queen-and-George-Bush.html
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2010 at 11:18am
I wonder if this will be welcomed down at the new PAC??
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2010 at 8:56am

Well Randy
I can tell ya that many years ago I did a painting about the Vietnam War and was “requested” to remove it from public view. Needless to say it was not one of those pretty pictures that you would hang over our couch.
With that said if you rent studio space at PAC you would have the right to show ANY of your work. All artwork is covered under freedom of speech.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2010 at 12:14pm
Vivian. You mentioned "I can tell ya that many years ago I did a painting about the Vietnam War and was "requested" to remove it from public view." Followed shortly by "All artwork is covered under the freedom of speech". Ahh, the 60's, where many rights of free speech were trampled on if you objected to the war. Even today, they have a hard time accepting photographers taking pictures of the caskets being delivered to Dover AFB. Still a little touchy about how many kids are dying for their little wars, aren't they? It's a wake-up call for the public and an indictment on the ultimate price paid in Washington's little game of getting people killed for their little selfish reasons.    JMO
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2010 at 2:30pm
Vet
I think if I did a work of art today about this war it would be 20 foot tall sculpture of nothing but arms and legs all tangled together...I just can't stand to see the photos of our young men with missing limbs from road side bombs.
I'm sure someone would request me to remove it from public view also.
Or better yet set all the boots of the dead side by side on the White House lawn....now that would be a million dollar photo.
Yes they have all paid the ultimate price...and that is why I can't stand to see them buried at the Middletown Cemetery without any respect at all.
The City should hang it's head in shame.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic