FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hydraulic Canal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

Wasteful - Adkins was the one that brought up the wrong numbers and address.  So there fore it is  an issue between the city and Consoc.  I also feel if there was a 3rd party investigation into the manner you would see the city was making sure that they did not get along with Consoc.  JMO - you will see a huge lawsuit, they were holding consoc up to the new agreement that had not been enforce as of yet.

Bobbie the City has been Tangoing with Consoc for the last 15-18 yrs.   We now have an admin that doesn't want to tango with them anymore.  I don't care if Consoc wants to tango and the City wants to Cha Cha.  If the city wants to terminate their contract with Consoc they can.  the sooner it is done and we move on the better as far as I am concerned.

I think you may be confusing the Admin Plan and the Contractual Agreement, they are two different things.  The Admin plan is not an agreement it is an operational plan for operating the Section 8 program.  Did not Mr. Adkins not get in touch with HUD concerning the Admin Plan and Consoc?
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Nelson...Himself Nelson...Himself wrote:

How..funny..it..is..that..three..years..after..the..fact..certain..City..staff..bellyaches..about..bad..addresses..etc.

How....funny....it....is....that....for....2....to....3....years....after....
the....fact....Nelson....as....himself....for....a....change....
bellyaches....about....everything....to....do....with....his....old....job.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 7:29pm
Go read tonights Council workbook pages 17 through 27 to refresh your mind on the circus from 2 weeks ago about terminating Consoc.  It is easier to read and understand the issue rather than to go through all of the melodramatics from the actual meeting.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Wasteful this will remain a problem with the program if the City continues to use an outside inspection firm...You need a quick turn around time to make this program run smoothly.

I would think that by the City doing the initial inspections in house as was discussed this would speed up the inspection issue.  Also with TIG hiring a local inspector should help with the speed of the inspections.

I still don't understand why you are stuck on one issue, the inspections, when tonights workbook outlines about 15 issues the city has with Consoc.
Nelson...Himself View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson...Himself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 9:15pm
Wasteful,

Not..one..single..fact..that..I;ve..shared..with..MiddletownUSA..readers..has..ever..been..refuted..by..City..staff.

Not..one..single..fact.

As..for..you..it's..my..opinion..that..you..must..be..a..fairly..high..ranking..City..employee.

In..any..event..your..efforts..to..disrupt..the..MiddletownUSA..blog..are..failing.

You're..nothing..more..than..a..mean..uninformed..saboteur..of..open..andtransparent..government..here.

If..you're..such..a..relevant..and..informative..contributor..please..provide..any..facts..to..the..contrary.

Until..that..great..day..arrives..you're..nothing..more..than..an..anonymous..shill..for..Miss..Judy..Etc.
Nelson...Himself View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson...Himself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 9:24pm
Being..forced..out..of..my..job..with..the..City..has..caused..me..great..financial..and..psychological..consequences.

The..issue..is..not..how..senior..City..staff..can..jettison..mid-level..managers..from..their..jobs.

It's..all..about..providing..insight..as..to..the..motives..biases..arrogance..and..ineffectiveness..of..certain..senior..City..staff.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaat's...all...Wasteful.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Nelson...Himself Nelson...Himself wrote:

Wasteful,

Not..one..single..fact..that..I;ve..shared..with..MiddletownUSA..readers..has..ever..been..refuted..by..City..staff.

Not..one..single..fact.

What Facts most people probably have no clue what the hell you are talking about in your cryptic ramblings.  Do you really think the city is going to respond to a fired employee, who can't make up his mind which screen name to use today and rambles on.  I doubt it.  If you have the evidence lay it out there.

As..for..you..it's..my..opinion..that..you..must..be..a..fairly..high..ranking..City..employee.

Just a lowly citizen, whose is tired of your constant ramblings., under 10 different names.

In..any..event..your..efforts..to..disrupt..the..MiddletownUSA..blog..are..failing.

Not trying to disrupt anything.  Just stating things as I see it.  I think Adkins may have a viable plan to reduce Section 8 Voucher Holders in Middletown and would like to see it at least put into action soon.

You're..nothing..more..than..a..mean..uninformed..saboteur..of..open..andtransparent..government..here.

Hahahaha you crack me up Nelson.  A saboteur behind every corner out to get you.....yeah right.

If..you're..such..a..relevant..and..informative..contributor..please..provide..any..facts..to..the..contrary.

Until..that..great..day..arrives..you're..nothing..more..than..an..anonymous..shill..for..Miss..Judy..Etc.

Nope not a shill Nelson, I have never talked to Ms. Judy about you or about Section 8.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 9:21am
wow-I just don't see wasteful as being mean-spirited or a city shill, though I honestly don't know Wasteful's identity. His(?) opinions seem as sensible and valid as any others.

I seriously value Mr.Self's sharing of insider info and protocol during his employment period.
The Section 8 situation is going to be difficult, and MAYBE we should give Mr.Adkins time to implement his plan. Hopefully it will work, and not add to increased municipal staffing.
Watched very little of last night's meeting--and what I watched was pitiful.
Still--the citizens voted these Councilmembers in--and only the citizens can replace them.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 12:44pm
Not trying to disrupt anything.  Just stating things as I see it.  I think Adkins may have a viable plan to reduce Section 8 Voucher Holders in Middletown and would like to see it at least put into action soon...Wasteful

HUD will not allow Middletown to reduce the number of Section 8 vouchers.

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Not trying to disrupt anything.  Just stating things as I see it.  I think Adkins may have a viable plan to reduce Section 8 Voucher Holders in Middletown and would like to see it at least put into action soon...Wasteful

HUD will not allow Middletown to reduce the number of Section 8 vouchers.

Vivian, I did not say reduce the number of Vouchers in Middletown.  I said "viable plan to reduce Section 8 Voucher Holders in Middletown....."  This is two different matters.  Mr. Adkins made it quite clear that HUD would not reduce the voucher numbers at this time, so lets move forward with the plan he has laid out and modified.  I fail to understand your reluctance to reduce the number of Voucher Holders in Middletown and thus reduce the excessive amount of poverty making the city more approachable by outside businesses in the retail and service industries.  It seems that all you are interested in is what you can find wrong with this issue next.  Will it work not sure, but one thing we do know for sure is that what the city has been doing for the last 15 years sure has not been working to move the city forward at all.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 2:35pm

Wasteful, I think Vivian is doing a great job by not bowing down to the popular sentiment against S8.  We need affordable housing for all.  Actually, I believe having free housing is an inalienable human right.

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 2:53pm
Here you go Neil, some more like minded individuals like yourself, LOL

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Neil Barille Neil Barille wrote:

We need affordable housing for all.  Actually, I believe having free housing is an inalienable human right.

Affordable housing for all.- No Neil, let 'em go out and work for it like we all have to and pay the going price for that housing. No discounts- no reduced amounts, no special rates for being "underpriviledged" (aka -lazy)

What?? FREE housing is an inalienable human right (in this case provided by the wages of the working taxpayer while they continue to sponge off of societies welfare programs) Who says so Neil?

You have managed to astound us with this incredible comment. Congratulations.

Anyone want to dignify old Neil's statement with a response?
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 3:18pm
Not worth a reponse Vet.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2010 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Neil Barille Neil Barille wrote:

Actually, I believe having free housing is an inalienable human right.
Free housing??? An inalienable human right???

OK, when will YOU start making MY house payment???

Actually, I agree!!!  Make yourself right at home in the nearest cozy cave...or up in any nice tree.  You have a "right" to a "home" like one of those--at least until some more fit creature decides that he/she/it has a greater, more inalienable right to that same home.  Then it is "survival of the fittest". 

(They might ask you to stick around "for dinner" though.) LOL LOL LOL 
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2010 at 3:36am
I fail to understand your reluctance to reduce the number of Voucher Holders in Middletown...Wasteful

Wasteful
I have NEVER stated that I was for Section 8 Housing.
It’s not my job to reduce Section 8 here in
Middletown, I believe that's why we paid all thise big bucks to those at City Hall for the past 20 years.
I’m tired of hearing that the Section 8 problem is the fault of landlords, tenants and Consoc, while those that caused the problem are STILL sitting at City Hall.
Why are we making all these demands on Section 8 landlords about their property while we allow the slumlords house next door remain the same or the dirty business property down the street?

angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 9:44pm
Thanks so much for the wonderful information you provided us.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by angelababy angelababy wrote:

Thanks so much for the wonderful information you provided us.
This ANGELABABY crap is annoying and needs to go!
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 1:42am
Yeah I agree 409. I think she is a "bot". They are on all forums, unless they AI can't get though the sign up process (you know, where you have to spell out 2 different words, etc). Usually bots spam or something but this bot seems to copy/paste stuff from older posts.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 7:40am
I have suspended their account while I look into this, I am not sure if they are a bot, some of the post are real comments made and others are just jibberish. Again I am looking into this.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 9:53am
Thanks randy!!! If you notice on some of the real looking posts, if you scroll up and check out previous posts, you will see it is a direct copy/paste. I noticed this weeks ago. I would be thinking, I KNOW someone said EXACTLY this not long ago.. :)
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 11:05am
She always says, "Thanks so much for the wonderful information you provided us."  But last time I think there was a typo...WTF?
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 11:59am
You never know.. sometimes that is done on purpose. I have come across many a bot. Some scripts get pretty elaborate.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 2:34pm
Bots have gotten smarter, but the main reason for a bot on sites like this is to spam, that does not seem to be happening. I dont get it but we should not see anything from them anymore, if they email and ask what happened I will go from there.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2010 at 4:54pm
Sounds like a good plan Randy. I/we all appreciate it!! If it were me, I would test a bot on a site like this... and make it not so obivious that it isn't a bot. I am glad you took care of it :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic