FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hydraulic Canal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydraulic Canal
    Posted: Oct 02 2010 at 6:23pm

Hydraulic Canal

In an effort to move downstream the Aeronca discharge into the canal, the City has hired aconsultant to design the Aeronca discharge pipe relocation and any associated pump station modifications needed. The initial phase of this project was included in the 2010 budget and was one of the goals for the engineering department. Work with Aeronca has been slowed due to the retirement of the exec with whom we were working. The plan is to continue the design project with the company’s approval once we make contact with the new CFO.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2010 at 6:41am
And what has happened since this report came out?
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 5:45am

We were told last year that this project was to be completed in 2010.
Why are we hiring another consultant to design this pipe layout?
Didn’t Dave already design this project in order to get a quote last year?

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 6:56am
Vivian, you jump from one topic to the next just trying to find fault with everything.  When you got shot down on the Section 8 and Nelson & Associates issue it is on to the next tirade, the Hydraulic Canal.  What will it be next week back to the Cemetery?
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 7:36am
Vivian
Negative, negative, negative.
If you don't like the way things are going at the City do something about it!

Run for office next year.
Nelson...Himself View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson...Himself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 8:00am
Unfounded...character...assassinations...of...Miss...Vivian??

Who...are...these...anonymous...critics...anyway??

What...are...their...credentials...to...judge...her??

Why...doesn't...Miss...Vivian...hide...her...identity...like...them??

Too...bad..Miss...Vivian...isn't...serving...Ward...2...on...the...City...Council.
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 8:40am
Nelson
I did not question Vivian's character. I merely made an observation about her strong tendency to be negative. I then issued her a challenge to run for office.

From what I have read of your posts, if anyone is engaging in character assassination it is you.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 9:11am
I just have one question.  Nelson, what's with your posts lately and all the dots in between your words?
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson...Himself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 12:29pm
Predictable...responses.

I...trust...that...the...truth...is...confirmed...regarding...City...waste...&...mismanagement.

I...commend...Randy...Lewis...Miss...Vivian...VietVet...Mike...Presta...SpiderJohn...Hermes.

They...and...other...MiddletownUSA...participants...truly...care...about...Middletown...Ohio.

They...seek...and...expect...improvement...not...the...perpetuation...of...the...status...quo.

The...odds...are...staked...against...those...who...try...to...reveal...the...truth.

Any...predictions...as...to...the...condition...of...Middletown...in...five...years?

Will...circumstances...in...Middletown...remain...the...same...be...worse...or...be...better?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 12:36pm
Mtown/Neil- the "finding fault with everything" is warranted by most citizens of this community. Past history decisions and the current climate of the town seems to bring out the frustration in the citizens. Tell us what frustrates you concerning the decisions made by the folks running this town. Certainly you both don't endorse everything that is done in this town do you? There must be something that irritates you with respect to the past/current directions taken in town. Would be interested in hearing what has been done/ what is in the planning that you disagree with. Just as you may be sick and tired of hearing the complaining/finding fault on this site, some of us are sick and tired of your attempts at character assasination of participants who care what happens to this town. Do you care? You have not demonstrated it by your constant criticism of the people on this site. If you disagree with us, offer some info. to sway us. To date, you have offered nothing to persuade us to support the city leaders.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson...Himself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 12:46pm
Thanks...VietVet.

You...speak...the...truth.

You...are...driven...only...by...the...love...of...your...city.

Thanks...again...for...your...service.

Your...dear...wife...remains...in...our...thoughts...and...prayers.

It...is...an...honor...to...know...you!

I...feel...the...same...about...Miss...Vivian...as...well.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 3:00pm
Ahh Wasteful
You haven't shot me down on Section 8. I'm waiting on more info from other sources. I'm not buying the bad addresses and bad phone numbers (Crap) from CONSOC to TIG.
QUESTION: How is TIG setting up appointments if they do not have the correct phone number..and while they have them on the phone wouldn't they confirm the address that they are going to inspect?
When Leon Jackson did the inspections he worked as many hours as needed per week to keep the inspections current.  

Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 5:06pm
I guess if we want to get inside the head of Mtown, it's ok to come on this message board and be negative towards people posting, but don't dare be negative with criticism of the city government. Mtown is a typical hypocrite.
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 8:33pm
Rhodes
I have challenged people to backup their assertions and charges with supporting facts. I have questioned why some are constantly negative. I can be critical of the City or anyone or organization. I just think charges without facts to support them are a waste of time. Constant negativity is just as big a waste of time.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 9:17pm

I also wonder what's up with Nelson's dots.  Are you using some sort of voice recognition software or something?

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 10:00pm
Charges with out facts!!! Here are some facts for you, Middletown has 68% of Buter counties section 8, 1662 vouchers ...FACT!!  5 businesses in Middletown closed in the past 5 months, just that I know of....FACT!!!
Shall I name a few more things that have people upset with Middletown? How about  you name some things that are going great in this town.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2010 at 11:49pm
Gees I feel left out. Cry
I'm the biggest pessimistic SOB on this board and believe that city hall is so full of corruption that some people down there make the MOB look like boy scouts and Mtown goes and picks on Vivian. Apperantly Mtown never reads my post. Disapprove

What up Mtown ? Cool Bust a move dawg !
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Ahh Wasteful
You haven't shot me down on Section 8. I'm waiting on more info from other sources. I'm not buying the bad addresses and bad phone numbers (Crap) from CONSOC to TIG.
QUESTION: How is TIG setting up appointments if they do not have the correct phone number..and while they have them on the phone wouldn't they confirm the address that they are going to inspect?
When Leon Jackson did the inspections he worked as many hours as needed per week to keep the inspections current. 

Vivian you continue to try and confuse the issues.  Consoc and the City have a contract is one issue.  TIG and the City have a contract that is another issue.  If you listen to the council meetings since last Spring I am pretty sure you will find that the issues with Consoc involve more than just bad addresses and phone numbers.

What Leon Jackson did is immaterial to any of the above issues. 
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 11:48am

Wasteful - Adkins was the one that brought up the wrong numbers and address.  So there fore it is  an issue between the city and Consoc.  I also feel if there was a 3rd party investigation into the manner you would see the city was making sure that they did not get along with Consoc.  JMO - you will see a huge lawsuit, they were holding consoc up to the new agreement that had not been enforce as of yet. 

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 12:33pm

From Letter dated May 11, 2010, from Mr. Adkins to Consoc:

"Address Mistakes:

Consoc Response:

At the December 28, 2009 meeting, Consoc was told that the City needed to have this information in a format where Street, Avenue, Drive, Boulevard, Lane, etc. should be abbreviated based upon the post office approved abbreviation list. It was agreed at the meeting that Consoc, on a monthly basis, would abbreviate the above mentioned address information as participants were re-certified. To expedite the correcting process, Consoc used the find and replace command in excel so that the list given to the City would be in compliance with the City’s request. In Consoc’s recollection, the overall tone of the meeting was that the addresses and spellings were correct. Consoc was requested to abbreviate certain words to conform to the City’s format. To date, Consoc is unaware of the approximate 300 addresses that are incorrect. Consoc is requesting that the City forward the 300 addresses to us so that they can be corrected before the next submission to the City.

City Answer: Consoc and Foo San from the City Information Systems Department are actively working on resolving the address issues and it appears as of the date of this letter that Consoc has made initials repairs in the system during the first week of May 2010, which is acceptable to the City."

Bobby if you read my response above and I quote, "If you listen to the council meetings since last Spring I am pretty sure you will find that the issues with Consoc involve more than just bad addresses and phone numbers."  I never said it wasn't an issue, I simply stated that there were many other issues than just the addresses.  In the May 11, 2010, Letter I believe it addressed 18-20 issues.

Why in the world would we want to spend money we don't have on a Third Party investigation of this issue.  Talk about a complete waste of money and time.  This Section 8 mess with an administrator has dragged on for almost 3 years now and I think most of you are missing the big picture here, which is the reduction of Section 8 Voucher holders in Middletown. 
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 12:41pm
Bobby If they are terminated according to the "Convenience Clause" I doubt they will sue.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 2:54pm
Wasteful - I never said we should get one - I said if there was one.  I know there are more issues then the address situation. By the way were we still having the address issue over the summer - or had this been taken care of?   But it always takes two to tango - and I really do not think the city management ever wanted to tango with Consoc.  Therefore if the city has in any part mishandled anything they will be sued.  Don't get me wrong - I am not a fan of Consoc or the abundance of vouchers we have in Middletown - however, I don't like to people fired for wrong reasons.  Especially if the firing does not get rid of the problem.  I think you will see - we still have the problem, getting rid of Consoc is not the fix we need. 
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 3:15pm
Vivian, you jump from one topic to the next just trying to find fault with everything.  When you got shot down on the Section 8 and Nelson & Associates issue it is on to the next tirade, the Hydraulic Canal.  What will it be next week back to the Cemetery?...wasteful 

Well Wasteful I didn’t receive your email informing me that I was only allowed to speak or have an opinion on one subject on this blog.

So please share all your info about when the canal problem was to be completed.
Ahhhh yes so you want to go back to the Section 8 issue.
Since you are sooo well informed...Did you know that CONSOC set up the majority of all Section 8 Programs in the State of Ohio? So please Wasteful show me a company that is more qualified. 
In fact the second reading of the Middletown Cemetery Board goes before City Council tonight.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 3:43pm

Vivian you continue to try and confuse the issues.  Consoc and the City have a contract is one issue.  TIG and the City have a contract that is another issue.  If you listen to the council meetings since last Spring I am pretty sure you will find that the issues with Consoc involve more than just bad addresses and phone numbers. 

What Leon Jackson did is immaterial to any of the above issues...Wasteful

Wasteful I may only have three little grey cell but even I understand that the City has two seperate contracts.

In the May 11, 2010, Letter I believe it addressed 18-20 issues...Wasteful

Wasteful please share a copy of this entire letter I'm sure we would all like to see this list.  

What Leon Jackson did is immaterial to any of the above issues...Wasteful
Wasteful at the last meeting Mr. Adkins stated that CONSOC had dumped a large quanity (150?) of inspections on TIG at the same time...and my answer was...When Leon Jackson did the inspections he worked as many hours as needed per week to keep the inspections current. 
Wasteful this will remain a problem with the program if the City continues to use an outside inspection firm...You need a quick turn around time to make this program run smoothly.

MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson...Himself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2010 at 5:37pm
Thanks..Miss..Vivian..&..Bobbie.

For..those..who..can't..or..refuse..understanding..my..prior..posts..here's..a..few..tidbits..to..recontemplate:

A)..Before..I..began..working..for..the..City..in..January..2007..senior..Planning..Department..staff:

1)..did..not..to.have..Housing..Code..Inspectors..concern..themselves..with..Section..8..properties;
2)..CONSOC..was..responsible..to..ensure..compliance..with..the..International..Property..Maintenance..Code;
3)..In..early..2007..I..changed..this..policy..so..that..Housing..Code..Inspectors..would..note..code..issues;
4)..In..a..number..of..instances..I..would..call..Sandra..Joseph..when..a..problem..might..arise.
5)..In..each..and..every..instance..she..and..her..staff..promptly..corrected..any..problems.
6)..In..the..second..half..of..2007..I..requested..and..began..receiving..monthly..databases..from..CONSOC.
7)..These..electronically..reproducible..spreadsheets..listed..of..all..Section..8..tenants..and..addresses.
8)..In..early..2008....I..requested..and..began..receiving..other..monthly..databases..from..CONSOC.
9)..These..electronically..reproducible..spreadsheets..listed..of..all..Section..8..landlords..and..addresses.
10)..Both..of..these..spreadsheets..were..forwarded..to..the..following..City..departments..as..they..arrived.
11)..Marty..Kohler/Finance..Department/Law..Department/Police..Department/City..Manager/Etc.

Certain..senior..City..staff..also..talk..about..inadequate..background..checks..and..tenant..screening.
I..must..remind..them..that..I..held..meetings..with..CONSOC..and..the..Police..Department..about..this.
These..early..2008..discussions..led..to..improved..and..mutually..acceptable..means..of..screening.
Sandra..Joseph..&..Harrison..Joseph..plus..Sargeant..Cunningham..&..other..Police..staff..took..part.

How..funny..it..is..that..three..years..after..the..fact..certain..City..staff..bellyaches..about..bad..addresses..etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic