FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some random musings...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 09 2010 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

I guess today is the day for me to break my silence.
Several citizens that have family buried at the
Middletown Cemetery have filed complaints with the State of Ohio and I will be filing also.
We will present our case to the state mid December.
So this may be the reason that the City decided to make it legal for Fred Wehr to serve as chairman of the Middletown Cemetery Board. I believe that those that have family member buried in this cemetery should be on this board. Tango is correct it doesn’t take an expert to see what is wrong with this cemetery.
However I have great concerns that the City has changed the law to apply to ALL boards.
As I have said many times on this blog the Middletown Cemetery is not in compliance with ORC 4767.06 and the City has known this fact for many years and has refused to take action to correct the problems.  

If the city is aware by now of the families filing's then the city is no doubt covering their rearend's . And by wanting to bring Mr Wehr on board as some type of an expert the city probably thinks this will make themselves look good and again covers their rearend's. And in order to allow one outsider to sit on a board naturally all the boards will have to be set up the same way as to not look like they played games on just the cemetery board.

As they say,"your tax money at work".

No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2010 at 8:50am
Nagy, Presta, Moon and spiderjohn,
Just more of the same old unsubstantiated charges and accusations. Not sure what you people feel you are accomplishing, but it sure seems like a waste of time.
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2010 at 8:54am
Kidd
A basic math lesson for you.

Average

In mathematics, an average, or central tendency[1] of a data set is a measure of the "middle" value of the data set.

There are many different descriptive statistics that can be chosen as a measurement of the central tendency of the data items. These include arithmetic mean, the median and the mode. Other statistical measures such as the standard deviation and the range are called measures of spread and describe how spread out the data is.

An average is a single value that is meant to typify a list of values. If all the numbers in the list are the same, then this number should be used. If the numbers are not the same, an easy way to get a representative value from a list is to randomly pick any number from the list. In the latter case, the average is calculated by combining the values from the set in a specific way and computing a single number as being the average of the set.

The most common method is the arithmetic mean but there are many other types of central tendency, such as median (which is used most often when the distribution of the values is skewed with some small numbers of very high values, as seen with house prices or incomes).[2]

Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2010 at 10:02am
Mtown,
          In light of your comments (redundantly) about "unsubstantiated charges" with all the substantiated charges that have been put on these blogs over and over and what has been played out publicly and video recorded,  it is obvious, there is never and in your mind will never be, anything wrong down at the city hall building, as far as you are concerned. Is it because you are part of the charges?
           Further, your basic math lesson shows that as an accountant  you know about the manipulative use of funds that goes on in the financial department. As you know to justify  the playing around with the funds the argument has been advanced for years (I believe by you), " there are lots of accounting methods".
           So let me be as redundant as you are. According to you, there has never been anything wrong at city hall and there never will be. Thou doth protest to much for what is obviously untrue.  
           Paul Nagy  
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2010 at 11:13am

Mtown, thanks for that lesson on average. I think you must be talking about my questioning the 4 to 5 minute average response time of the police department. What I meant was that if an officer’s response time on one call is 1.5 hours (90 minutes) and his next ten calls all have a response time of three minutes (unheard of in Middletown-but this is just an example). That is 90 minutes for the first call, plus 30 minutes for the next ten call. 90 + 30 = 120 minutes for 11 response times. 120 minutes divided by 11 calls equals 10.90909 minutes (about 11 minutes) for the average response time. Ten response times at three minutes is unheard of in Middletown, but 90 minutes is closer to the average response time.

I think that our city building has its own math system that we commoners can not understand. Maybe they put some of those minutes in another fund so we can’t find them. Or maybe they have the people that estimate the crowds a our events estimate average response time.

This is not the fault of the patrol officers, this is because that out of about 80 officers, we only have seven patrol officers on the street at a time. I’m sure that all of you non-government citizens have read that when we hire a patrol officer another patrol officer moves up to sergeant, sergeant moves up….. So when we add a patrol officer it cost us at a much higher rate and we get another supervisor sitting around the coffee pot in the city building. This is also the reason the average policeman in Middletown cost us more than the average policeman in New York City. If we let the union keep having its way, in a few more years we will have 20 supervisors each costing us one million dollars each. I can hear them saying, “if you people want patrol officers on the street, you have to be willing to pay for them. Middletown will have high crime areas if you aren’t willing to pay for police with another safety levy.”

Did you notice at the last council meeting that about 80 policemen in Middletown cost us over $12 million. That is an average cost of about $150,000 each. Also the dog catcher cost us about $84,000 if I remember correctly. Mike, Vet, Paul, please correct this figure if my memory is failing me.

Government is not the answer to problems, government is the problem.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Mtown Mtown wrote:

Nagy, Presta, Moon and spiderjohn,
Just more of the same old unsubstantiated charges and accusations. Not sure what you people feel you are accomplishing, but it sure seems like a waste of time.
Mtown:
Consider this:
If you are so sure that it is a waste of time for us, then certainly it is a waste of time for YOU to read all of it, and an even greater waste of time for YOU to respond to it!!! 

Why not do yourself (and all of us) a huge favor and stop wasting YOUR time visiting this board???

On a POSITIVE note, at least you don't waste any of YOUR valuable time THINKING before you respond!!! LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 10:38pm

The last two meetings by City Officials have been an embarrassment to this city and a disservice to the citizens.

middletownlost View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownlost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Nick_Kidd Nick_Kidd wrote:

Mtown, thanks for that lesson on average. I think you must be talking about my questioning the 4 to 5 minute average response time of the police department. What I meant was that if an officer’s response time on one call is 1.5 hours (90 minutes) and his next ten calls all have a response time of three minutes (unheard of in Middletown-but this is just an example). That is 90 minutes for the first call, plus 30 minutes for the next ten call. 90 + 30 = 120 minutes for 11 response times. 120 minutes divided by 11 calls equals 10.90909 minutes (about 11 minutes) for the average response time. Ten response times at three minutes is unheard of in Middletown, but 90 minutes is closer to the average response time.

I think that our city building has its own math system that we commoners can not understand. Maybe they put some of those minutes in another fund so we can’t find them. Or maybe they have the people that estimate the crowds a our events estimate average response time.

This is not the fault of the patrol officers, this is because that out of about 80 officers, we only have seven patrol officers on the street at a time. I’m sure that all of you non-government citizens have read that when we hire a patrol officer another patrol officer moves up to sergeant, sergeant moves up….. So when we add a patrol officer it cost us at a much higher rate and we get another supervisor sitting around the coffee pot in the city building. This is also the reason the average policeman in Middletown cost us more than the average policeman in New York City. If we let the union keep having its way, in a few more years we will have 20 supervisors each costing us one million dollars each. I can hear them saying, “if you people want patrol officers on the street, you have to be willing to pay for them. Middletown will have high crime areas if you aren’t willing to pay for police with another safety levy.”

Did you notice at the last council meeting that about 80 policemen in Middletown cost us over $12 million. That is an average cost of about $150,000 each. Also the dog catcher cost us about $84,000 if I remember correctly. Mike, Vet, Paul, please correct this figure if my memory is failing me.

Nick, you are usually spot on with your posts. But if you really think that Middletown police sergeants sit around the coffee pot in the building you show your ignorance about the matter. The sergeants take calls, handle complaints, etc... they are so short staffed they dont have the luxury of sitting around the water cooler. Those days are long gone.

Sorry to be so abrupt but thats the truth. Maybe it was like that in the old days, but they are long gone. Also I know that the here the Fire Department supervisors work calls just like their subordinates. The reason they make more money is because not only do they respond to calls, but they are responsible for all the shift paperwork and their men, not just themselves.

Just a thought to chew on.
Dooraghero View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dooraghero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 9:24am
"Mtown:
Consider this:
If you are so sure that it is a waste of time for us, then certainly it is a waste of time for YOU to read all of it, and an even greater waste of time for YOU to respond to it!!!"     Touche!  Mr. Presta.
Would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance,just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they'll never take our FREEDOM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic