FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sorg Mansion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eldridge View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorg Mansion
    Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 6:21pm

It didn't work out for the previous buyer/offer. The real estate listing went back to active for about a week. (first week of October) Now there is a pending sale again since this weekend, according to the MLS listing.

Anyone have some news on this new offer/buyer?
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2010 at 11:27pm
I've heard two names tossed around. One's an out-of-towner, the other is local. I'll refrain from naming because I do not have confirmation.

Regardless, if either of these individuals gets his hands on this property, it would make me very happy.

Much happier than knowing it was going to fall into the hands of a part-time drag queen.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 9:30pm

I have also heard, from usually reliable sources, that “a legitimate offer” has been received and the Sorg Mansion is (or very soon will be) “under contract”.

The purported buyer is said to be a very wealthy individual who can well-afford to rehab and maintain such a structure, and maintains several large, expensive homes across the country. He supposedly plans to keep the structure as a private residence.

I really hope that this happens. If it does, a local landmark will be retained and it will happen at minimal expense to the taxpayers. (I’m sure that he will take advantage of any available tax breaks and government grants, but that is just part of “the game’. More power to him.)

I just hope that he is made aware of our new City Ordinance 1210 and that it does not put an end to the deal. People such as this are not used to having to ask permission from minor players such as “Spin and Marty” before having work performed on their own private property.

It’s kind of ironic that Ordinance 1210, which was supposed to save the so-called historic properties, may prove to be the undoing of the property that the local history hounds covet the most.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 9:54pm
Mike

Local or non-local?

Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2010 at 3:27pm
I heard this is pending again with some of the same people that had it under contract all summer long. Why does this not shock me? Anyone heard anything different?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic