FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armco Stainless Dinnerware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Armco Stainless Dinnerware
    Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 1:11pm

Can anyone tell me about the Stainless Steel Dinnerware that Armco made.  I am not sure when it was made but I have a set and would love to find out more about it. I have photos if you would like to see

Deb
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 9:21pm
 Will you post pictures please, that would be very interesting to see.

Thank you

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2010 at 3:33am

I am surprised that no one has responded. When I was young, our family (and nearly every other family that I knew in Middletown) had a set of this tableware. It was heavy and quite durable. The design was fairly simple, I can still see it in my mind. It had the Armco “Triangle” logo on the back of every fork and spoon, but I cannot recall the logo being on the knives.

I’m really surprised that someone hasn’t posted a picture of a place setting by now in response to your post. If nowhere else, the Middletown Historical Society’s museum should have some on display.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
viper771 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper771 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2010 at 2:36pm
Sounds interesting. I would like to see a picture of it too.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2010 at 1:08pm
I am not sure how to post pics on here Help!!!!
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2010 at 4:45pm
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Leraroachs View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leraroachs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 3:31am
 If nowhere else, the Middletown Historical Society’s museum should have some on display.
Recommend you smash season 1 dvd,a very good-looking DVD!
darcy1969 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darcy1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 8:08am
I think that is beautiful...stainless steel is a wonderful product. There's nothing like my stainless steel mixing bowls! I really like stainless steel appliances!  Why isn't there a historical house slotted for destruction rehabilitated in Middletown to be a Steel museum? We have so much heritage to share.
Darcia
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 9:30pm
I gave the Historical Society a Place Setting of this not sure if it ever was displayed....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic