FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allen, Picard, Becker,Mayor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2010 at 9:47pm
Ms. Scott-Jones,

I was out of line in my previous post, and I apologize.  There was no reason to make it personal against you and I was clearly out of line.  I did not know your personal circumstances, and I commend your decision to care for your family members.  I do think that you did yourself a disservice by not crossing the finish line of law school after you were in the home stretch, but that choice is yours and yours alone to make, of course. 

Perhaps I was having a bad day, or perhaps I let my blood pressure get too elevated after reading some of the posts on here, but I do get very agitated with those people who make stupid --repeat, STUPID--comments about Mr. Landen's size or Mr. Mulligan's facial expressions.  Such comments reveal just how ignorant and stupidly emotional some people can be--and I let myself become one of them.  I always try to judge people on their actions and character, not on something as petty as their looks or other non-substantive reasons. 

It seems that a lot of people seem content to whine and b*tch about anything and everything without offering any of their own ideas or time.  And some of what's posted on here smells a lot like jealousy--the 4 members of council seem to get piled on for anything or everything they do, and that, to me, reveals some pettiness and envy on the part of those who write the posts. 

But again, in the future I will be sure to reserve my comments to matters of policy and I will withhold judgment on personal issues.  I do hope you read this, Ms. Scott-Jones. 
"Ask not what your country can do for you..." JFK
Anita Scott Jones View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Scott Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2010 at 11:37pm
Voice of Reason,
I accept your apology.  We all get passionate about what we believe.  I have no problem with people getting to know me better.  As far as the law school goes, I learned what I needed to learn but I am where I am supposed to be.  Have a blessed day.  Anita
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 5:18am
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

... And some of what's posted on here smells a lot like jealousy ... reveals some pettiness and envy on the part of those who write the posts. 
Mr./Ms. Reason:

You are not the first, and I doubt that you will be the last, that expresses sentiments such as those, and you are certainly entitled to your opinions.

I always enjoy the chuckle.

Big%20smile
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 7:07am
VOR- Realizing you sent this to Ms. Scott-Jones, I'd like to offer a response to some of your comments directed to the rest of us. Quote from you. "I always try to judge people on their actions and character, not on something as petty as their looks or other non-substantive reasons."

The irony with your statement is that you know none of us that well to know our character. Your criticism in your post, of us "ignorant" and "stupidly emotional" people (your words) is just as demeaning as our "comments about Mr. Landen's size or Mr. Mulligan's facial expressions". This is the "people in glass houses- throwing stones thing revisited.

Some here dislike the "group of 4". We occasionally disagree with what the "group of 3" do also. Some here find the thinking in the "group of 3" to be more "in tune" with what is needed in town. Some believe that the "group of 4" do many things that are detrimental to the town. Some are skewed to the 3. If you read back through the posts and topics, I believe you will find many posts that offer solutions and ideas to place the town on the right track. I don't think this forum is void of ideas at all. That's why I believe your claim that "a lot of people seem content to whine and b*tch about anything and everything without offering any of their own ideas or time" is not accurate. Jealousy concerning the 4 members of council????
Hardly. IMO, there are no redeeming qualities between the four of them as to positive accomplishments toward growing this town. To be clear for your benefit.....I am not attacking them for who they are, but rather, for what they have done to date on council.

Oh, one more thing.....you need to stop being so dam pious, thinking everyone is as concerned about feelings as you seem to be. Little barbs are dropped on people everyday, especially in the political arena. Fun is made of government officials everyday. It is one way for the people to exact revenge on leaders that are not above board and hurt the people. Anything goes between the people and their leaders when the leaders don't listen to what the people want. Sometimes, a price is paid at the polls, in the newspapers and in forums like this. That price is ridicule in the form of vicious humor and constant criticism.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 9:00pm
VietVet, you say I need to be less pious, I say you need to have a sense of class and tact.  I would much rather err on the side of being overly pious than crass and low brow.  You have made clear which side you would rather err on. 
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2010 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

his vindictive comment about the city employee's death,

Please elaborate on this... Shocked
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2010 at 9:31pm
I'm not sure if the article can be found on the Journal's website or not, but I am referring to the article that discussed the 4-3 split among council (published sometime last week, I believe).  In that article, if memory serves, AJ somehow tried to connect this split on council with the failure to fill a firefighter trainer position, which in turn led to the death of the city employee at Air Products due to lack of training by the firefighters. 

AJ, who wants to be a firefighter, is clearly pro-firefighter causes, and thus he tried to spin the council split to suit his polical purposes, and was thus way out of line, particularly given the fact that they are likely to be pending legal decisions--lawsuits-- regarding the death. 

His comments seem to suggest that the city was negligent by not having proper training in place, comments which are both 1) wrong (the firefighters were trained on confined space entry--it was their failure to properly execute the training that may have led to the death, and nearly their own demise as well) and 2) irresponsible, for the reason cited above of pending litigation. 

Thus, I would call AJ's comment vindictive and politically motivated. 
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2010 at 10:59pm
Middletown being the section 8 slum capitol of Ohio on top of the Forbes fastest dying list is no problem for the carpetbaggers because they go home to Mason, Monroe or somewhere else where they don’t have to live with the destruction they have forced on Middletown.
Nick_Kidd View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_Kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2010 at 9:11pm

The whole uproar about non-residents on city boards doesn’t make sense. The ordinance council wanted to change was just a reaffirmation of the City Charter. The City Charter can only be changed by a vote of the citizens of Middletown. Since everyone on council and/or part of the administration takes an oath to uphold the Charter, was this Charter violation incompetence or was it criminal? Once again our city “leaders” will not let the Charter, the law, ethics, honesty, integrity or anything else get in the way of doing what they want.

From our Charter:

Section 260.03 RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT.

Every member of any City board or commission shall be a resident of the City.

Government is not the answer to problems, government is the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic