FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Historic 4th Ward Meeting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Historic 4th Ward Meeting
    Posted: Oct 23 2010 at 12:53pm
     This Monday, October 25, 2010 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the old Bullwinkles (Formerly the Howard Johnson's),  Anita Scott Jones will be hosting a 4th Ward meeting with Council members. What could make this a historic and especially important meeting is that it will be the first time in at least 17 years the 4th Ward council person will be in attendance as Randy posted yesterday. Randy said that Mr. Picard the 4th Ward council person will be in attendance. A 4th Ward council person has never held a public meeting in the 4th ward especially for the citizens of the 4th ward to my knowledge. Can anyone remember if there ever was?.
       I'm a constituent of the 4th ward and I wouldn't miss this even if I have to bring my coffin with me. I thank Anita Scott Jones for arranging this and giving us the opportunity to speak and question our council representative. I also thank Mr. Picard in advance fro this historic event.
       Please get the word out to all members of the 4th Ward and encourage their attendance.  I personnally want to ask all members of the 4th Ward to attend.
       Also, I want to encourage everyone, especially those in the 4th Ward, to get registered and get out and vote. This is one of the most important mid-term elections you have ever had the opportunity to vote in.
       Thank you.
       Paul Nagy

PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2010 at 12:59pm
Paul...is that 4th Ward meeting open to the public in general? Is that building even open??
"Because nice matters..."
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2010 at 1:22pm
Hi Patti,
      My understanding is that it is open to the public. As to to the building being open the word is you have to go next door to the main desk and they will show you the way to the meeting room. Maybe someone else could give a more clear direction. Randy, can you help us on this?
      Thanks for the inquiry Patti.
       Paul Nagy
Anita Scott Jones View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Scott Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2010 at 3:38pm
Mr. Nagy,
You are correct.  You must go to the front desk at the Country Hearth Inn and they will direct you to the site.
Anita
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2010 at 3:57pm
Ms. Jones.
        Thank you for the directions.
         Paul Nagy
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Scott Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2010 at 4:21pm
You are most welcomed.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2010 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Paul Nagy Paul Nagy wrote:

...  A 4th Ward council person has never held a public meeting in the 4th ward especially for the citizens of the 4th ward to my knowledge. Can anyone remember if there ever was?
Paul,
To the very best of my recollection (and I realize that, with my advancing age, my memory is sometimes suspect) you are correct.  Since I returned to Middletown in the summer of 1998, there has only been one other Fourth Ward Council person and I can't recall Mr. What's-his-name ever offering his constituents such an opportunity.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2010 at 12:03am
Randy and Ms. Scott-Jones,

Would it be possible to have this and Mr. Laubach's meeting taped and posted here?  I am unable to attend, but interested in hearing what you have to say. 

Chris
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2010 at 6:02am
I do plan on attending and taping the event as well.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2010 at 9:59am
If I can manage to make it to this meeting, can anyone tell me if I can slip out early?? I would hate to appear rude or disinterested, but I don't think I can stay the entire time.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2010 at 10:17am
Patti Yes you can leave early if you have to.  I have seen Council Members get up and leave early as well as citizens.  Not an issue.  More important to attend for the time you can.
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2010 at 10:23am
Thanks, Pac! I'll try to be there...
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Scott Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2010 at 1:03pm
This forum, like all the others, is open to the public even though it is held in the 4th ward.  I have no problem with it being taped or videotaped.  You may come and go as you please; that is why I set a two hour window.  I know everyone cannot come at the same time.  This is not a formal meeting.  It is an informal, open, courteous dialogue.  I hope to see you all tomorrow night.
Anita
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2010 at 10:05pm
I really enjoyed the open forwm tonight and meeting everyone. Thank you also to the council members who gave their time to listen. I, for one, say positive things about Middletown every chance I get! I still think the greatest, most generous people around live here.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Scott Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2010 at 11:31pm
It as so very nice to meet you!
Anita
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 12:31pm
How did the meeting go last night? Any interesting discussions? Any interesting responses from the council folks? Taking care of the wife with the son working in Hamilton and his wife with the flu. Will you be posting some highlights Randy? Thanks in advance for your efforts. Haven't seen any coverage in the Journal about this meeting.
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 1:07am

Thanks so much for the wonderful information you provided us

Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 11:33am
Gee, thanks for the insightful comments you leave on the site, angelababy.  Wacko
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2010 at 1:30pm
Angelbaby is just advertising her signature line.  She makes 3 posts every 2-3 days and many make no sense or are on old topics.
angelababy View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelababy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2010 at 2:57am
.....Tongue you guys know me so well.... Cryplease let me stay here...do not ban me...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic