FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heard Through The Grapevine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2010 at 9:14pm
PattiGal if you know all about it then why not just say where it is. I mean they will want customers to anxiously anticipate their opening. Why is everything such a big secret on this site? People hint or imply hiding behind different monikers. Good gracious it's a restaurant.
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 12:44am
Pacman, not the same thing. I can't believe some of you people need every single little thing explained in detail. Based on an earlier post, there was mention of a Five Guys and a Panera opening because of Cincinnati State. I then made the comment that if that did happen, it would be cool to see The Liberty re-open and then I suggested Central Pastry teaming up with one of those Starbucks kiosk type situations. I don't care how many coffee places open or say they will open. Central Pastry is a very busy bakery/donut shop, not only in Middletown, but very busy for southwest Ohio standards. If a coffee shop had any chance of life downtown, it would be in a partnership with Central Pastry.

For future reference, because some people come up with a bad idea for a business, it doesn't mean a better idea with the same type of business isn't doable.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

Damn Rhodes we already have more Coffee shops going in than customers downtown.  One at the PAC and one at the Seminary and you want a Starbucks to boot.LOL  Isn't PAC suppose to open in 2 weeks according to their original Timeline.....has anyone seen any progress down at PAC.

Rhodes you really do need to get a life.  Most people on here who read the above post I am sure saw the Laughing face and would take tje post as a joke or sarcasm.  Not you, as usual you get all bent out of shape.
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 7:25am
Down boys....business people are trying very hard in Middletown...regardless of the outcome...right Spider?
"Because nice matters..."
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 10:45am
Pacman, I read your post and got it exactly as you meant it. It wasn't a point of whether or not it was a joke, my point was that you didn't "get it". As evidenced by your newer post, you didn't "get it" again.

Maybe if you had posted less than 2,000 times on this site you might not have to worry about whether others have a life or not. While you're chomping on that, keep the posts off me and on the topic. I'm not interested in a back and forth with someone who has posted over 2,000 times and I can't even remember one post by you that was significant.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 11:27am
correct Ms.Patti
though I am sinking like a stone
nothing seems to work well in retail right now

amazing what happens when u put a pickle on a chicken sandwich
chick filet was always a quality business prior
I would think that the n breiel rallys location would be best, and the owner needs to move that property.
or in your center would be nice--but why there?
same chick filet owner?
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 12:11pm
Rhodes,
         Your discourteous manner is only exceeded by your ignorance and stinking attitude. The fact is Pacman has had many significant posts regarding many significant issues and has made a far greater contribution solving a host of problems that you couldn't begin to understand or deal with. You want him to keep the posts off of you and on the topic but all you just did was attack him personally. The fact that you didn't get his sense of humor the first time you read his post that troubled you makes me wonder why you didn't accept his later  explanation for it. Do you have an ego problem or something? You may not be interested in a back or forth with someone who has posted over 2,000 times but there are a lot of us that are.
        Pac, please keep posting. Your opinion is always backed by logic and facts. We need more of that,  instead of this kind of attack by Rhodes.
        Rhodes why don't you apologize to him and get on the issues yourself?
         If you want to make personal attacks, try me. I'm your boy.
         Paul Nagy
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 2:30pm
Hey heres an ldeal ,for the northside of town that has lost Mcgees,Daveys,Moms market to name a few,Why doesnt someone open up a store like umm say Save a Lot on this side of town lots of us poor folks can not afford to buy every day items at Marsh and dont wan to take the time to drive across town to one of the big box stores.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 5:50pm
come on bo
already 2 savealots in a town thant can only support 1
is that drive too far?

there is a reason that everything in that area has closed--lack of support
there are not many people around willing to invest a lot of $$, work long and hard to lose $$ just so you can grab a quick pack of cigs, a loaf of bread or a dozen eggs every so often
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 7:56pm
(Rumor has it that Chickfila is coming back to Middletown; It will be located in a preexisting business as a kiosk.)

Spider...what if I tell you the pre-existing business is mine...?
"Because nice matters..."
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 9:27pm
Paul, mind your own business or maybe you are. I could barely get through the first 3 lines of your post. You don't seem to understand the difference between defending from being attacked with an attack vs. outright attacking. After torturing myself to get through your post, you seem to share Pacman's lack of understanding. For instance, I never said there was anything wrong with posting 2,000 times. I just made the point that someone posting over 2,000 times should maybe think twice about saying others should "get a life". You and Pacman sure seem to share a lot of the same logic and that's all I'll say on that.

As much as I hate to continue this back and forth, let me just clear up one more time, since at least 2 of you (or 1) are rather slow. Pacman was not "joking" in his initial post to me. He put the smiley face as a haha since he thought I was suggesting a 3rd coffee shop for a downtown with no population. What I actually suggested was Central Pastry teaming up with a Starbucks kiosk type deal IF Cincinnati State happens. So if Pacman was making a joke, it was a stupid joke because it didn't fit what I actually said. What he did do was try to be sarcastic about "another" coffee shop idea. FAIL

So Paul/Pacman, one in the same or whatever, get over it and move on. There's nothing you can say back to me that is going to be worth responding to, so take this as my last post on this Pacman/Paul back and forth waste of time b.s.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

come on bo
already 2 savealots in a town thant can only support 1
is that drive too far?

there is a reason that everything in that area has closed--lack of support
there are not many people around willing to invest a lot of $$, work long and hard to lose $$ just so you can grab a quick pack of cigs, a loaf of bread or a dozen eggs every so often
Yea you are right sadly,but I would say lack of support for business goes for most of middletown ,what a sh*t hole it has become lol.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2010 at 11:04pm
    Why Rhodes,
             You disappoint me. I prefer to mind your business when you are trying to belittle someone else for your lack of ability to tell when someone is joking with you or not ---and innocently, I might add..  I'm sorry you can't read well enough to barely get through the first 3 lines of my post. Others got through the first three lines and called me almost immediately.  My dear friend you are even wrong when you say,"You don't understand the difference between defending from being attacked with an attack vs. outright attacking. I understand that perfectly. What you don't understand is when you are being attacked or being joked with. Everyone else understood it but you. So instead of understanding you were being joked with you went on the attack. No one else did.
               Also, my dear friend, please don't be masochistic. Don't torture yourself trying to get through my posts. If they are to hard for you I shall be happy to write slower. There is no need for torture. Its not all that serious.
               Again, you are wrong when you say that I seem to share Pacman's lack of understanding. I don't share his lack of understanding. I shared his total understanding when he was trying to have a little humor with you.
                 Further, you were insinuating that there was something wrong with his posting over 2,000 times. If not, what was the purpose of the remark except to belittle his posting over 2,000 times.
                If you hate to continue this back and forth, why don't you just quit it and write about something else but please write slowly and use some humor so us slow folks can keep up with your speedy intellect.
                I probably concur with you that "If Pacman was making a joke, it was a stupid joke....." Hasn't anyone explained Randy's rules to you. Everyone is allowed to make stupid jokes on this forum except for he and Hermes about the Bengals.
                Just for your information I and Pacman are not one and the same and please don't torture yourself reading that. I don't have the sense of wit, brilliance, courtesy or intelligence that Pacman has but I'm delighted for you to put me in that kind of company.
                Now, since you said there is nothing we can say back to you that is going to be worth responding to, we will take your word that this is your last post on this.  So, we shall continue to write to those on this forum who value freedom of speech and humor. We shall miss you. Please change your mind and join us again. You have shared some really good ideas on several occasions when you left your ego out of it. So please leave your ego out of it and come alone and we will enjoy your blogs. Thank you in advance.
                 Paul Nagy     
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 3:30am
Sheesh!!!

I take just a week off and look what happens!!!  All of you people are at each other's throats. Big%20smile

Oh well, another day or two and I'll be back, then you can all pick on me and leave everyone else alone!!!! LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 8:34am
Thank You, Mr. Nagy.
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 8:37am
If the girls are done consoling each other, can we get back to whether or not Five Guys & Panera are going to be downtown or was that a joke?
Nelson...Himself View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson...Himself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:24am
I know first-hand about one frequent MUSA participant and his confrontational tendencies.

When I post new data about wasted HUD funds, I always know he'll "Go Negative On Me."

That holds true even if my information is directly from the Community Revitalization Dept.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:35am
Nelson, the last time you made a post posting information from HUD and the City Site I asked you a question or made an observation about the info and you went back and deleted all of the info you posted.

You say I have gone negative on you, I say the city is taking a different tack in dealing with the forclosure issue staying within the guidelines as set forth by HUD. 
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:42am
Hello Rhodes,
        I'm with you. Can anyone please tell us whether or not Five Guys and Panera are going to be downtown?
        Thanks.
               pn
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:44am
wow--Rhodes is a bad guy now?
I don't see it that way.

the mj trolls are accomplishing their goal to stir up and distract this forum.
then pac and Paul want to insult in long form.

shame shame shame

keep yer eye on the ball and yer head in the game
divide and conquer is one of the dark siders' methods--will u allow it to work?

ate at the 5 guys in cville--not the best burger that I have had, but better than most chains.
I like Panera, and would expect either/both to do very well here, except that they have no $1 meals--far from it.

best to pattigirl and her venture--so would yo co-habit the site, or would you vacate?
Or would you become a chick filet operator?

guilty rhodes as I near 1000 posts in 3 1/2 years here.
I have promised myself to be out for good by  1000, and I will follow through this time
so I am trying to limit my ramblings
this place and my thinking has caused me enough grief with others in town
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:53am
Excuse me Spider but where is my Long Form insult, I must have missed it or been asleep when I typed it out last night.  Some assistance from you would be appreciated.  Or are you referring to my what one or two sentence rebuttal to Rhodes and then bowing out and letting him rant.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 9:55am
Spider,
        I don't think Rhodes is a bad guy - before or now.  I think he just crossed the line in his attack and insults on a blogger. I just responded to him in the same length he responded. He has every right to say anything he wants and so do we and so do you, even when we are wrong. There is no shame on any of us.
That's what open debate is all about.  I appreciate your coming to his aid but he did just fine. I think he makes positive contributions here like the rest of us do on occassion. Long live Middletownusa!
         pn
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 10:34am
spiderjohn, I want to let you know any "eat" you may be catching on the 'dark' side is more than compensated for the realists and non shills for city hall, several which are well educated, well regarded, and disenchanted by the total collapse of city council and city hall to turn the corner in Middletown. What you have stated is exactly correct in many circusmstances, and shared by many. I won't name names, but assuredly, some of the most respected and educated physicians, business owners, et al, share your sentiments. I sincerely hope the number of posts doesn't constitute whether to trudge on, as you have encouraged many in the community to get involved, and you have nothing to apologize. You have been a realist, wile also being a cheerleader for Middletown, so why anyone on the 'dark side' whose numbers are dwindling, would scape goat you is again, compensated for many who gained additional respect for you and your position.

I have not always agreed with you in certain situations, but you speak the truth. Your point on the renewal on the school levy was correct. At the last moment, I changed my vote to yes, only because as you correctly stated, Middletown would be an absolute mess if the school system suffered anoher blow. Although not deserving of the support, the reality was defeating the levy and the continued new ballot issues would just keep the ciy from recovering. Your logic was correct.

I have no idea if any progress or desire is there to suppplant a council member. It seems many have ADD- concepts and actions are started, but never finished. But, your offer to take over a position was generous, and you would have many supporters. As for PAC and Cinci State, considering all aspects of downtown and the wrecking ball trend, probably not a bad deal for the future. Jury will be out many years if it will be a success, but if marketed correctly, it does at least help put a finger in the dike, just liek passing the school levy helped show others there were attempts to turn Middletown around.

As for Nick Kidd's views on the city's actions, I would suggest reading Ohio code and caselaw, and if there are violations, retain an attorney to investigate. Middletown has gotten a clean slip for years on the audit, so I view that pushing a rock up hill, but, if the state statues are clear, maybe there should be some house cleaning.

As O'Reilly would say, you are viewed as a patriot, not a dark side 'pinhead'. As for 5Guys and Panera, as you said rather eloguently, the $ menu is far more appealing (and affordable) than dropping $8-$10. @ either for the demographics in the city. But....and there is always a but (sorry, a 'Presta' cloakism), Steak and Shake and their $4.00 deals are every bit as good a 5Guys, with the triple. Don't ever expect either Panera or 5Guys to make it to Middletown.      
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 1:33pm
"Your point on the renewal on the school levy was correct."

Shocking, acclaro.  I can't believe you did a 180 on the school levy!

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2010 at 2:41pm
acclaro...."at the last moment,I changed my vote to yes, only because as you correctly stated, Middletown would be an absolute mess if the school system suffered another blow." IMO,the schools have been an absolute mess for over 25 years. A little late to think about the devastation of a levy failing, isn't it?

"Although not deserving of the support, the reality was defeating the levy and the continued new ballot issues would just keep the city from recovering. Your logic was correct." Again, whether we pass or fail a levy, they are just going to keep coming at us for more money. There is no situation that will keep the school people off the taxpayers back and out of our wallet. School people don't care how much it affects the general public financially. They are in their own little world that encompasses what THEY want and to hell with the citizens budget. To give them what they want, especially with the poor performance they have produced, hardly is logical, just to salvage what?....the remnants of a once thriving city's school system. In it's current condition, and the way it is currently being run, this town is too far gone in image, reputation, area status and in potential repair, to consider having a decent school system as making a difference. It could be the best school system around the area, but that will not trump the mess created from the city building. JMO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic