FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cincinnati Bell Will Maintain iFiber Service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cincinnati Bell Will Maintain iFiber Service
    Posted: Dec 01 2010 at 11:32am
From the Middletown Journal

By Chelsey Levingston, Staff Writer 3:10 AM Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MIDDLETOWN — Customers of Innovative Fiber Optic Solutions LLC, a local high-tech communications and Internet service provider that closes today, won’t have to worry about getting disconnection notices right away, according to Cincinnati Bell Telephone Co.

Cincinnati Bell released a statement Tuesday saying it’s working directly with iFiber’s Butler County customers to maintain service in the wake of the company’s closing. The owner of Butler County’s 96-strand fiber optic ring, NORMAP Telecommunications, sold its “spurs” or fibers to Cincinnati Bell in mid-November in a court settlement. NORMAP and iFiber, formerly owned by the late Middletown businessman Perry Thatcher, were interrelated companies in the sense NORMAP owned the fiber optic ring that provided iFiber’s service.

Cincinnati Bell officials said they are willing to negotiate a new lease agreement with iFiber and that discussions are ongoing.

“Cincinnati Bell will not take any immediate action to disconnect fibers in the Butler County fiber-optic loop,” officials said in a written statement.

Full story here MiddletownJournal.com
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2010 at 11:33am
This is good news for our friends over at Casper and Casper.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Tom Frederick View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Frederick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2010 at 7:45am
My company has been a customer of iFiber since 2004. Yes they were a small company however Perry had the respect of the business community, a high level of integrity and a vision that the connectivity was essential to the region.   

This issue has less to do with Cincinnati Bell since they have agreed to keep the connection to iFiber and more to do with the Thatcher estate which in a brilliant move disposed to Normap (owner of the fiber) to Cincinnati Bell and appears to believe the company iFiber either has no value or too much baggage with the other partners. That being said they are entitled to handle the assets in any way they see fit. The problem is they left all of their clients in the dark and gave us a 7day window to find new service. Impossible. They have closed the doors and released the 3 employees within 7 days of sending a letter to my company via email. My request to the estate and the family is to maintain iFiber for at least 90 days so the clients can migrate away without loosing service for an extended period of time.
I am sure the business clients would be happy to throw a few bucks toward the estate to make this happen since we are the ones with the greatest amount to lose.

Amazing, when you think of PT you have to believe he always considered what his legacy would be, I am certain this is not what he had in mind.

Todd Fletcher View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2011 at 7:24am
The I-Fiber connection should stay on until March.
But what Cincinnati Bell didn't point out is - they will NOT maintain the hardware/service for residential customers. As soon as there is a hardware issue, you are dead in the water and without service.
I made numerous calls to Cincinnati Bell and got various answers including, you have nothing to worry about to we have no intention of providing service or support for residential customers. They can't even get their story straight amongst themselves.
Nice - way to go Cincinnasti Bull!
I have had Cincinnati Bell as my voice provider for many years. Needless to say I will be moving to another provider and I'll let everyone I know how Cincinnati Bell left us in the dark. I'm sure they'll laugh at the small number of people that discontinue their service.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2011 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Todd Fletcher Todd Fletcher wrote:

The I-Fiber connection should stay on until March.
But what Cincinnati Bell didn't point out is - they will NOT maintain the hardware/service for residential customers. As soon as there is a hardware issue, you are dead in the water and without service.
I made numerous calls to Cincinnati Bell and got various answers including, you have nothing to worry about to we have no intention of providing service or support for residential customers. They can't even get their story straight amongst themselves.
Nice - way to go Cincinnasti Bull!
I have had Cincinnati Bell as my voice provider for many years. Needless to say I will be moving to another provider and I'll let everyone I know how Cincinnati Bell left us in the dark. I'm sure they'll laugh at the small number of people that discontinue their service.

Todd I have had the same issues with Cinci Bell in the past but sad to say it beats trying to deal with att,what ever happened to the concept of giving good service.
seemingly powerless View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seemingly powerless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2011 at 2:21pm
We had the best possible service here and few used it as a marketing tool to bring technology hog businesses, which hire highly compensated employees, to our community.  If CB has any sense at all, they will take advantage of what they have and grow this existing money making business.  The fact that the equipment does not communicate with CB's equipment is of little consequence, unless they choose to let this opportunity fly by.  A top drawer fiber guy could get the equipments to talk. I wish I knew more about the ohio rural network and its possible interest in having this network, since they are providing similar service in warren county.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 9:13am
wth is this? LOL
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2011 at 10:39am
Bo....looks like Randy is going to have to shut down the guest group if this crap continues....Let them join if they want to post....Easier to take them out if they post this junk....This spam may also contain virus, bots, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic