Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Councilman's Robo-Call Alerts 'Folks of Middletown
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Councilman's Robo-Call Alerts 'Folks of Middletown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 8:08pm
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZJcAeJ8YRo&feature=related Cry
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap...Thats what we have for a council...A Bunch of cowards.ClapClap
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 8:32pm

I have owned 3 companies and if you can’t control labor cost you will go out of business…period! These sweet job perks will soon be ending so they better start paying down their credit card debt and get their finical house in order….their happy days are numbered.

With that said it is time for City Hall to also go on a major diet..
Anita Scott Jones View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Scott Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 8:37pm
Viet Vet,
You of all people should know me by now.  Nevertheless, no one sought me out for advice or anything else on this issue (not that they should). They have their own thoughts.  If you or anyone else doesn't understand where I stand, call me at 513-259-4203.   By the way, there is no need for anyone to talk about my re-election or the lack thereof until or unless you know what I am going to do.
Anita Scott Jones
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 8:43pm
ASJ. 6-1. We know where you stand.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Anita Scott Jones Anita Scott Jones wrote:

Viet Vet,
You of all people should know me by now.  Nevertheless, no one sought me out for advice or anything else on this issue (not that they should). They have their own thoughts.  If you or anyone else doesn't understand where I stand, call me at 513-259-4203.   By the way, there is no need for anyone to talk about my re-election or the lack thereof until or unless you know what I am going to do.
Anita Scott Jones
Be a wasted call IMO.You and the rest of the spineless council clowns threw Josh under the bus and did nothing except put your heads between your legs.Ouch
Anita Scott Jones View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anita Scott Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 9:15pm
When I spoke to Randy two years ago about posting on here, I told him I would do so as long you all did not get personal or call names.  You all do not have all the facts here and I will not speak to Mr. Laubach or Mr. Smith, but I will no longer post on this site.  You have my number.
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 9:26pm

Fact: 6-1 vote associated with tabling a motion associated with pulling in state employee costs and legislation. That, we know. 

Cheers.

LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 9:30pm

When I spoke to Randy two years ago about posting on here, I told him I would do so as long you all did not get personal or call names.  You all do not have all the facts here and I will not speak to Mr. Laubach or Mr. Smith, but I will no longer post on this site.  You have my number.
There lays the problem.When council people cant talk to each other how do you exxpect to get things done?The people of Middletown have been asking for years for the council to Listen to the "PEOPLE" that put you in those seats.Have you?That would be a big "HELL NO".I did have some respect for you but after seeing the council meeting the other night that went out the window.Again,reminds me of  another council meeting when the "SUNCHOKE" thing came out. A bunch of "UNION REPS" showed up and everyone of  you put your heads between your legs and hid.Everyone of you are a disgrace to this city.Smile
If you cant stand the heat get the hell out of the kitchen.Smile
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 10:11pm
[QUOTE=]My God, how many RHINO'S sit there on city council? Would have been a joy to have had Patton as a guest speaker addressing them. Have a feeling here's what he would have said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZJcAeJ8YRo&feature=.

Last time I checked,  a Rhino had a backbone.Ouch
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 10:39pm
All of this reminds me of a joke which I will change some names in it.
One Christmas a little girl was out riding her new trike she had got for christmas,when a councilperson(fill in your own) rode up on a horse and ask her if Santa had  brought her the trike which she replied Yes Sir.
He  got off his horse and walked around the trike and then he pulled out a citation book and begin writing. He handed the little girl a citation and told her that the trike wasn't built by the union and next year be sure to tell Santa to bring her one built by the union.
After he got back on his horse,the little girl looked up at him and ask, Did Santa bring you that horse for Christmas?. The councilperson decided that he would play along so he answered yes and the little girl told him next Christmas tell Santa that the d+++ goes on the bottom and not on the top.
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 10:49pm
God, the art of articulation just sends chivers down my leg. These thugs are a joke, ignorant, and need to be taken down several notches. Is it me? He resemebles Les in many respects. Did he make it to the meeting, or send a few of his "assistants" to facilitate the meeting Tuesday.

Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 11:08pm
The War Chest and AJ Smith. Taken from Wall Street Journal. Robocall and AJ Smith, where did he get the $$$? What union- city fire, city police, who?

Some answers better be forthcoming.

wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 5:32am

Viet Vet,
Anita Scott Jones

Mrs. Scott-Jones you are an elected Public Official I would be interested in why you took the stance and voted as you did, as I am sure many others are here, so why not just post you reasons here?  I for one did not understand what your illness or the fact that you had health insurance or not had to do with what the issue at hand.  No one was even remotely talking about taking away benefits of that type.  The issue is the city is going bankrupt, population is declining, revenues are declining and a major part of that does in fact involve the Unions, in particular the Public Safety Unions and the system in place.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 5:55am

Smith Controversy

Please everyone, stop and look what is happening here. The following quotes paint a very bad picture to me that I think we should stop and consider:

The rest of Council was un-willingly caught in the cross-fire.

Spiderjohn

Once again--our Mayor failed to control the situation.

Easy for me to say--he was put into a very difficult position(though it comes with the job).

SpiderJohn

Hmmm....I don't recall many defenders of AJ Smith, with the exception of Ms. Scott Jones.

Guests

Spider- "the rest of council was unwillingly caught in the cross-fire?...Nevertheless,imo, they approached the situation poorly by "hiding under the desk" and cowering down when the union mouths were "talking rough to them". Vietvet

Viet Vet,

You of all people should know me by now. Nevertheless, no one sought me out for advice or anything else on this issue (not that they should). They have their own thoughts. If you or anyone else doesn't understand where I stand, call me at 513-259-4203. By the way, there is no need for anyone to talk about my re-election or the lack thereof until or unless you know what I am going to do.

Anita Scott Jones

ASJ. 6-1. We know where you stand. Guests

Be a wasted call IMO.You and the rest of the spineless council clowns threw Josh under the bus and did nothing except put your heads between your legs. LMAO

When I spoke to Randy two years ago about posting on here, I told him I would do so as long you all did not get personal or call names. You all do not have all the facts here and I will not speak to Mr. Laubach or Mr. Smith, but I will no longer post on this site. You have my number.

There lays the problem.When council people cant talk to each other how do you exxpect to get things done?The people of Middletown have been asking for years for the council to Listen to the "PEOPLE" that put you in those seats.Have you?That would be a big "HELL NO".I did have some respect for you but after seeing the council meeting the other night that went out the window.Again,reminds me of another council meeting when the "SUNCHOKE" thing came out. A bunch of "UNION REPS" showed up and everyone of you put your heads between your legs and hid.Everyone of you are a disgrace to this city. LMAO

We have alienated the one person who has stood up for the taxpaying citizens of Middletown more than any others. I know Anita Scott Jones as you all do. She isn’t afraid of any of us and she believes in democracy. We have her to thank for being able to go to council meetings and have citizen’s comments again, which is the only other voice for citizens in this city other than this forum. I don’t take that lightly. Additionally, I know of many, many things she has done , both publicly and privately, for citizens since she has been on council. I have great respect and regard for her. She doesn't claim to be perfect.

I agree with Spiderjohn. I think she, the mayor. and all of the other council people were sucker-punched Tuesday night. What would we have done sitting behind that desk during that fiasco? They had all of those union people there unreasonably threatening and huffing and puffing. Its not an easy situation to be in.

The parties involved were Josh Laubach and A. J. Smith. Let’s keep it there. I don’t mind calling people out when they are guilty but this is guilt by association and its not right. I think we owe Mrs. Jones and the other council members an apology on this one. I think her input on this forum is vital and I just hope and pray she’ll reconsider. She might with a couple of apologies. We’ve all had to apologize before.

This isn’t over yet. Let’s give council a chance to recover from shell shock and see what they will do.

Paul Nagy

Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 8:03am
Mr. Nagy, I appreciate your concerns you usually express with eloquence and generally, well studied analysis. But on this, you are completely wrong for many reasons, in my humbleopinon of course.

As Pacman so correctly has stated, and others, this motion was simply sending a messge to the state, we are with you, you are on the right track with the need to do away with binding arbitration,

A motion is set forth supporting that by Josh Lambaugh. If city council was sand-bagged, blind-sided, taken off giard not knowing it was a discussion pont, why then were the union thugs there? It defies logic and that is not the case. council knew this was an issue and it was to be berought up. I've heard too many excuses from Ms. Jones. Everything from I did not have time to read nor get the budget data, to these lame excuses for sitting there while Lambaugh is getting shot and doing nothing, as all council members did, as its clear, several would like to have Smith, Lambaugh, and Jones gone.

The answer to this, again credit to Pacman, is just write tour state representative. We don't need the do nothing council nor the do nothing city leaders to do anything. They haven't yet, and what they do affect, is in ther own interests, and really could care less what you think, what I think, what anyone thinks, with the exception of the gala ball gang.

I've seen Ms. Jones roll her eyes one too many times at council meetings, and because she may act as if she is interested, and occasionally responds, doesn't put her in a standing above any of the others. She's ineffective, in my opinion, just not the run away train Picard, Allen, Becker, and Mulligan are.

She doesn't need to explain herself why she voted to table the issue on this forum, I simply know she voted to table it. You respectly, are wrong, to think council was not aware this issue was to be brought up. They did, and they threw Lambaugh against the wall, and said, "shoot him", "I'm just here for the punch."

Ms. Jones will not be getting my vote next election, and I hope she moves on to other activities. As for AJ Smith, he should be removed, and audited as to where he got the money for his politically motivated robocalls.

These actions are what make Middletown look so bad to outsiders. Sorry Mr, Nagy, you got this one wrong IMO.
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 8:12am
BTW, what would I have done Mr. Nagy? I would have voted Yes, and told the union thugs who spoke where they came from, what their address was, just like the other speakers. Intimidation? Did someone say I'm boycotting your business or going to take you prisoner? They had a council member sitting there asthere partial advocate. he should be removed from office and it was an embarrassing spectacle. Are you saying someone told Picard he would have no legal business in Monroe if he voted YES? Was Bill Becker told they would tear down or destroy the Warren Cty Emergency response system if he voted YES? The intimidation, if therewas any, which I don't believe there was any, was the lack of control letting the thugs open mouth and insert shoe Mr. nagy. 
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 8:19am
Guests,
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Is it wise to alienate the one on council who is consistently in our corner? I think council knew the unions would be present but not what the impact would be especially from union out siders. I think the situation caused confusion at best.
     I don't really believe it was council's objective to throw Josh against the wall. The resolution was pretty generally stated adn could use some modification. Josh might even agree with that.   "When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as public property. Thomas Jefferson
    You are absolutely right in your defense of Josh Lubach. He was in my opinion a real hero and acted with great maturity under fire. He almost gave me a heart attack when he hesitated on his "No" vote. I kept thinking, Josh, if you say yes, you would have lost your ground. I breathed a great sigh of relief when he, with great integrity said, "No".
       Do you think that we have heard council's final opinion on this? It seems to me that they have to address the issue and resolve how they are going to pay the bills and keep the city from going bankrupt.
        By the way Guests, my wife will tell you I'm wrong about most things. She forgets I'm a husband and husbands are always right.
        Thanks for your opinion. This is what makes this forum so important.
         Paul Nagy
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 8:46am
Ms. Scott-Jones- I thought I knew you and was very pleased with what I saw in you. I still believe you are trying to do the right thing. You are one of the few who asks questions for understanding and clarity on most issues that council seems to delight in ramrodding through in emergency fashion, leaving the citizens out of the equation.

Because I thought I knew you and because you ask the probing questions during council meetings, I was very surprised (and disappointed) that you did not support this initial action of taking the concerns to Columbus to find out what the city can do in reducing the legacy costs of wages and benefits that will ultimately bankrupt the city. We all know that the costs are 75% of the city's budget. That doesn't trouble you enough to take action on it? Why?

I'm sorry you have decided to stop your participation here. I am one of the biggest perpetrators of getting in people's grills in a verbal fashion and have a bad habit of letting my frustrations lead to verbal assaults on some city leaders. The frustration comes from the apparent decision, made by council and the city building, to NOT listen to the people and support the agenda of a special few.

I am just curious as to why you didn't throw your support to Laubach and why you sat, relatively quiet on the subject, when you normally throw in your two cents worth on most subjects. I also can't understand why Becker didn't support this attempt to reduce city costs. He is a contrast in thought. I think he speaks out both sides of his mouth. His city manager side says "reduce costs or we will pay the price down the road". His police chief side says I want to protect my police buddies, who are union associated, and I don't want to do anything that will attempt to destroy the benefits/wages that they have accrued through the negotiation process even at the risk of bankrupting the city. Is there some "behind the scenes" information that wasn't shared with the public that made you vote against this? If so, we are talking about the protection of the public's money here and we have a right to know and council has no right to withhold information. We're tired of it Ms. Scott-Jones. By the way, I think we could do a whole lot worse than re-electing you. I believe that looking at the council now, we already have with certain members.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 9:10am
Good and fair post VietVet.
     pn
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 9:12am
Nice post Vet. You used a good term "legacy" costs. Years ago, I worked with the airline industry in driving out their employee costs associated with the industry's deregulation and immediate competitive window they were thrust in the early to mid 1980's, in which about 78% of their capital annual expense, were legacy employment expense. many went bankrupt, and they still are cyclic, associated with fuel expense and other factors.

These problems cannot be ignored. They are bringing down Spain, Greece, Ireland, states- California one of many, and municipalities- Hariisburg, Pa is a bankrupt city I used to live. Lambaugh simply brought to the table an issue in memorandum. I cannot cmprehend how it might be unartfully crafted. You either need changes and freedom to reduce costs, or you don't. Having 75% of expenses tied to labor will bring down any city fast. I suspect Ms. Jones is a Democrat, and was not desiring to disrupt the union propaganda. Becker and others as you said, were caught between their union affiliation, before moving into management, and just decided table it, we'll deal with it later. Frankly, I doubt if any municipality has to do anything, as the state will attempt to change it through legislation, and have the party in place to make the change.

Sad to me the few council members who speak openly or give any deference to the people who put them in office, are singled out as fantastic and praise worthy. Doesn't reflect much on Middletown's clout nor interest. If you can't get involved or could care less about your own community, how then do you function globally?

Subject been beat to death. Will actions be taken? Any transparency on Smith and his robocall funding---doubtful. Did Lambaugh screw up with unartful and ambiguous language---doubtful. Simple fact there are those who talk about cuts, but unwilling to execute cuts. They think they are going to pas a .5 % tax increase, and the fire men will be going door to door to tell all how much time it takes to get to the Atrium and how many runs they make.

I don't think it has a chance of passing, and weak knees rattle too often around the table seating city council.     
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 9:45am
Also a good post Guests.

"Sad to me the few council members who speak openly or give any deference to the people who put them in office, are singled out as fantastic and praise worthy. Doesn't reflect much on Middletown's clout nor interest. If you can't get involved or could care less about your own community, how then do you function globally?"
          They are singled out because we have not had them speak openly or give defference to the people who put them in ofice for many years. I don't believe Middletown has any clout or interest.
         Your thinking is good. Lets hope people will respond to it.
         Anita Scott Jones is a republican.
               pn

Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 11:39am
In reality, maybe council is just the wrong mechanism to govern a city with 50,000 residents. These people get paid $5,000 annually, mayor double. Throw in the hours just for meeting, and I think none of them are well prepared but ready to rubber stamp anything put in front of them, with one exception. I guess with AJ Smith, the $5,000. gives him enough spending money while he lives at home and conducts his union duties.

What would the changes be to the motion? Don't have a no strike provision, don't discontinue with the arbitration? Sorry Paul, I just can't get the issues with a simple motion that should have been 7-0. A moot point again, as the state will take care of this without any need for Middletown to act. 
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 12:51pm
I continue to be amazed at how out of touch with reality and more importantly the facts the MiddletownUSA regulars are on virtually every issue you banter about.
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2010 at 1:31pm
Mtown, care to share an example, or just a case of AJ Smith "blues" today getting you down? Out of touch with reality? Only place to get real info with facts and data. You appear to be the one on te realm of the unreal. Oh,a city employee, we forgot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic