FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great Video From The City - Merry Xmas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 2:08pm
Sorry but I'm going to have to go w Mtown on this one. So much negativity on this site. Takes some really nice people to comment on others weight. I would hope you will go back and read your posts and realize how low class and petty you come across to others. 
Some posters have valid posts. Others just remind me of the people you duck to avoid at the grocery store- You just know they are gonna corner you and you're gonna spend the next 20 mins of your life listening to their negativity and how their opinion is the only one you should have...
I am in agreement that there is ALOT of problems at the city building but come on people. You already ran off ASJ with your inmature and degrading responses. Feel accomplished now? Here's a novel idea...You can still support someone even if they may take a stand or two that you don't agree with. What are you really accomplishing??
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 2:12pm
Wonder what it cost the city to do that video ? Whoever done the editing was it done on city time ? Is this something else the tax payer is footing the bill for ?

While the city has no money for repairs and upkeep of the cemetery and streets but they can run around and make video's ?? Yeah,doing a fantastic job there city leaders and spread that christmas cheer while you rape us of our money in our sleep. What time is the next train to Dayton ?
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 2:54pm
Eleven, with regard to ASJ, as I recall some of the comments came from people under the "Guest" or "Guests" monikor.  The long-time posters on this board can't be held responsible for the sniper tactics of some newcomers.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 4:13pm
Eleven- another city employee that Gilleland told to register and start pestering the participants on this site perhaps???? Won't work. At best, all you will achieve by your participation, with your current stance of practicing "participant interruptus" is frustrating yourself. Be a good little city worker/city building supporter, go back to your cubicle and forget about this site. Don't be a "Fool For The City"- (Que Foghat song)

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 4:31pm
ASJ. She was disrespected? Oh my, perhaps this will help. I though she didn't like one's disagreeing with her, and she left, her loss. On bended knee, of course.

Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Wots Wots wrote:

So, when and if the Cincinnati State Technical and Community College comes to town, does that include Clown College 101?
I don't know why, but that video reminds me of what Marie Antoinette allegedly said: Let them eat cake.

Or does Middletown already have its own Clown College at 1 Donham Plz?
Wots
Liberalism: Moochers Electing Looters to Steal from Producers.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 9:40pm

I sure had my sad clown face tonight after leaving Light Up.  I wasn't even thinking about the city's woes but just driving through downtown and realized a somber feeling.  The kind of feeling that says "at this point in my life why am I HERE?  After all these years I'm surrounded by THIS?"  Not sure who to be more mad at, the city...or myself.  As the saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 10:07pm
Bill,
      Your blog is very heavy, sad and poignant. There are many of us who have had our lives seriously effected by the devaluation of our homes, loss of business, jobs, progress and the non-productivity of the city  administration in recent years. I'm afraid many of us concur with you when you say, "Why am I here? After all of these years surrounded by this?"
       Have a merry Christmas everyone.
       Paul Nagy
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 10:22pm
Bill, you are not alone. I saw this trainwreck coming at least 7 years ago, but didn't get out. It will get worse. Art center will do nothing. Rape, pillage, and burn mentality too much to overcome. When a nearly 4000 sq ft home with nearly 3 acres sells for $150,000. on Rosedale (3701), you know someone has thought it through, and decided its option 2. Here's the problem with the city, they want to rule, and have destroyed the city. Too late, its gone. At least you could stomach getting out to see the lights. I can't stand driving west of Briehl. For too many years, the city has wanted to rule the world. They still do, and the city is ruined.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 6:34pm
From the Journal on 12/20.2010....."Gilleland said with the help of TV Middletown, several run-throughs of the song were recorded during the afternoon of Dec. 6. The video — which cost no tax dollars to produce — was then edited by the TV Middletown crew and presented at the city holiday lunch Dec. 10". Wait a minute........"which cost no tax dollars to produce"....how many people were in the video? By Gilleland's statement, this was done on the 6th of Dec, which is a Monday and a workday at the city building, right? How much was Landen paid for the pantomime at his desk? How much for Gilleland sitting in that ambulance for a couple of hours? How much for Jackie Phillips in the health department to sit behind that desk during this afternoon session? How much for the line of people in the chorus part of the song? How much did the taxpayer pay for Betsy Parr to wear the sunglasses and participate in the afternoon hours needed to produce this sketch? Seems to me when you add up a couple of hours per participant, and the salary they were being paid on that workday to pantomime this, you can't say that no tax dollars were used to produce this, right? And they used TV Middletown to come in and set up in each area which took some time to do AND presented it at the taxpayer funded Dec. 10th holiday luncheon. Might be a little too critical here, but dam, just don't try to say it didn't cost anything to do, Gilleland. Of course it did. Quit the bs.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 7:30pm
Vet you just echoed my sentiments exactly. Nothing is free in this world.

I think Gilleland has the attitude that she can do anything and get by with anything she wants. I don't understand her at all. Here is a woman who is making big bucks off the backs of the people and apparently could care less what she does and how she does it. I think she has the typical mentality of so many sorry politicians,if it doesn't cost themsleves a dime then it's a good idea.

I think it's way past time for her to be job hunting.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 9:45am
“We created the video to lift the spirits of employees and it is good to be able to spread the cheer throughout the city,” Gilleland said.

Are the "spirits" of your employees in the toilet there at the city building, Ms. Gilleland? A little depressed perhaps? Please don't try to "spread the cheer throughout the city" I think most of us have had about all the "cheer" we can stand for one year from the city. No need to make any more "effort" on your part. Feeling about as good as we can about our city right now, thank you.
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Neil Barille Neil Barille wrote:

Eleven, with regard to ASJ, as I recall some of the comments came from people under the "Guest" or "Guests" monikor.  The long-time posters on this board can't be held responsible for the sniper tactics of some newcomers.
You're right. Didn't realize we could have "Guest" comments on here.  Why can't they just register anonymous? The comments on the MJ articles were funny at first but after awhile...blah. Should have realized they were going to have to go somewhere.
And for the poster who seems to think I'm a "pro-judy" poster.  Really?  I found this site months back looking for info on scanners. And there were quite a few people who helped me out. They were a big help!  I have continued to come back and read and sometimes post. But I just couldn't stop myself from calling some of you out on your responses.  Do I like or agree with this video? Absolutely not!  But some of the comments disgusted me more then the video. And before some charming poster comments I must have weight issues too and a little sensitive on the subject- I can promise you I'm far from it.
And while I'm posting-from the other thread.  Eleven is a number. I've always been 11 playing sports. I'm not looking for a backbone.    Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic