FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great Video From The City - Merry Xmas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Video From The City - Merry Xmas
    Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 12:30pm
[SCRIPT] var so = new SWFObject('http://www.middletownusa.com/mediaplayer.swf','MiddletownxmasvideoVideo','530','300','8'); so.addParam('allowfullscreen','true'); so.addVariable('file','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/city%2Dof%2Dmiddletown%2Dchristmas%5Fconverted%2Eflv'); so.addVariable('overstretch','true'); so.addVariable('backcolor','0xFFFFFF'); so.addVariable('autostart','false'); so.addVariable('height','300'); so.addVariable('width','530'); so.addVariable('overstretch','fit'); so.addVariable('image','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/previews/Middletownxmas%2Ejpg'); so.addVariable('logo','http://www.middletownusa.com/video/data/musa-logo.png'); so.write('Middletownxmasvideo'); [/SCRIPT]
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 2:51pm
Absolutely fantastic!!!
"Because nice matters..."
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 4:36pm
I hate to be sarcastic but I wish she had elaborated on what great things they are doing. Ermm

Makes me curious.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 6:29pm
Apparently they need to remove some of the vending machines in the city building.  Talk about "cutting the fat" of government!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 8:12pm
OK- wasn't going to comment on this attempt by the city to simulate a little levity for Christmas. Was going to just leave it alone. Nice idea. It's very hard for me to enjoy these people in a comedic role, when the other 11.5 months of the year, these same people are doing their best to ruin the city. Need to find a way to lighten up a little with this, but the lady in the ambulance and the funny little man in the elf hat pantomiming the song, seem to touch a nerve. Can't let go of the pent-up animosity I have for some of them. Sorry.

City building people, you've had your fun. Now, get back to work doing what you do best- screwing up the city. Yeah, yeah, I know, call me Scrooge........better yet, just take the rest of the year off. That way you'll do less damage. Remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Especially if it pertains to certain city building people.
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 8:35pm
I wonder if the fire crews were on duty?Ermm
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 9:08pm
I like the fact that they even bothered to make a video promoting Christmas and I like the video.Thanks for posting it.
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 9:21pm
So, when and if the Cincinnati State Technical and Community College comes to town, does that include Clown College 101?
I don't know why, but that video reminds me of what Marie Antoinette allegedly said: Let them eat cake.
Wots
Liberalism: Moochers Electing Looters to Steal from Producers.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 9:31pm
I guess they did it to put the police and fire department front and center. You know, getting ready to lay foundation down for the next tax increase request and secure the .25% increase renewal . Rather sterotypes fire department- do they do anything but make ambulance runs.

Should have included a sequence on the real estate holdings. Hard to see where the city manager is on the way out with her performance. Maybe subliminal with Les Landen getting a leading part, maybe The Rainmaker.

I'll stick with The Office.    
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2010 at 9:32pm
It looks to me like just about every one of them has had more than enough cake, thank you Marie.
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 1:41am
The comments above make the point I have been trying to make better then I could possibly ever achieve.

The MiddletownUSA regulars take a video meant to be entertaining around the holidays and turn it into another opportunity to criticize.

You all are a bunch of goofs.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 6:42am
Mtown- THE VIDEO IS NICE. IT DOES HAVE ENTERTAINMENT VALUE. No negative criticism in that, right? However, IMO, SOME of the luster and effect of the song and skit were removed by some of the participants. When I viewed this, my first thoughts were not of clever, funny nor inventive. My thoughts (applying to Landen and Gilleland only now to be clear here) were not how "cutesy" and wonderful they were but rather what they have done to the city. When you monitor their activity for 364 days a year and they show arrogance, conceit and incompetency, it's awfully difficult to get a kick out of them that 1 day they do something like this. Sorry, I don't buy into all the crap they shovel. Apparently, you do. It is sad to watch the people who support them as they have turned a blind eye as to what has happened to this town. A nice Christmas gift awaits those people. Rose-colored glasses.

Strong name-calling word there ......goofs.   
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 8:36am
Mtown, I did not find it entertaining. I don't expect nor want the city to entertainment me, I want quality infrastructure, intelligent buisness decisions, and actions which protect property value, than diminishing it. The video accomplished none of the above. 

They should be happy they have such outstanding insurance, it appears many are targets for sudden heart blockage. They sit too much. 
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 9:04am
I like Vet had originally was not going to comment.  I see nothing wrong with the city doing a fun video - it can promote good will at the work place.  However I think it would be better if you would show some of the people that get out and do the hard work - not just the big wigs.  How many employees does the city have and there were only a handful (handpicked) bunch. 
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 9:04am
I'd rather see a video of them working....actually I'd love to see a video of the power brokers discussing their thought process on the bike paths, PAC, etc.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 9:11am
Bill that might be hard - I don't think there was any thought behind it.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 9:26am
What would've taken less time if they could've shot some video of them all eating on the job -- cops in their cars with donuts, clerks with their Frappucino and Twinkies, a big cake in the hallway for someone's birthday. 
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Mtown Mtown wrote:

The comments above make the point I have been trying to make better then I could possibly ever achieve.

The MiddletownUSA regulars take a video meant to be entertaining around the holidays and turn it into another opportunity to criticize.

You all are a bunch of goofs.

Every time you post, this is what I hear.

Where were you standing when this video was shot?
Wots
Liberalism: Moochers Electing Looters to Steal from Producers.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 10:18am

I'm dreaming of an honest city,
just like the one I used to know.
Where street lights glisten and commissioners listen
and fix potholes after snow.

with every tax check that I write.

May businesses open, with jobs for tradesmen.
And streets be safe, both day and night!

May our streets be paved, and council be behaved,
and stop taking cash and other bribes!

May corrupt eyes glisten, with tears in prison,

And no junk called art without a fight!

(Doop, doop, doop de doop!)

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 10:40am
Mr. Saunders.....Excellent!  Smile
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 11:01am
Very creative Saunders
Mtown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 11:08am
My earlier point was about taking what I understood was a video done as part of an employee Christmas dinner. Supposedly the heads of departments do something each year to make little fun of themselves for the entertainment of employees.

The MiddletownUSA regulars just poke and poke no matter what the subject.

Goofs.

Yes I am a critic of the City fathers and City staff. They have screwed up a great deal. But I don't write about that on this site because it's to much of a vendetta forum.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 11:42am
So Mtown why dont you just stop posting here? If you hate the site so much leave. You wont be missed I swear!!!
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 12:03pm
What would you suggest we talk about MTown?  How great the cakes are at Central Pastry?  What a nice view we have of the river from the Bicentennial Commons?
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2010 at 12:05pm
Mtown, it is comforting to know how much time you spend in the library researching topics of significant import. Poetic and original indeed.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic