FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 10:32am
Sgt. when I was a Police Office there was never any talk of a strike period......ever, with Unions you get that talk all of the time if they don't get their way, like little children throwing a temper tantrum.  When we didn't get a raise because the budget was tight, we didn't whine and threaten to strike we went on and did the job we were hired to do....to Protect and Serve.

Personally I don't give a rats ass about your pension plan.  It is the fact that the city is going bankrupt and we the citizens are basically held hostage by both the City and the Unions.  When 70-75% of your budget is going to support about 180-200 workers  and the rest of the city must suffer because of it there is an issue.

Drawing down the reserve is not a solution to the Sewer and Street issue.

The issue of the streets and Public safety have nothing to do with each other.  You say you are here to help yet all you do is try to find excuses to blame the citizens for the possibility that you may not get  raise. 

As far as a strike I would fire anyone that went on strike.  All you want to do is play the old scare tactic......of what if.  My house burns down I have insurance.  I am more than willing to look after my elderly neighbors on either side of me if they should need help with a crime committed against or form a block watch and if they was to break into my house, send the corner as I have no problem using a gun to protect my family.

You have yet to explain much of anything that convinces me as to why I should vote for a levy to just give you a raise.  If you don't like the pay move on, shouldn't be to hard to fill your spot in this economy.

You fail to address much of what anyone else says on here and just keep coming back here laying the blame on someone else, I don't see where you are helping the situation at all.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 10:35am
Nope Sarge- pension envy isn't what this is about. Some of us have just as nice of bennies as you people do. Some of us make just as much as you do in wages. Some of us will have just as nice of a retirement as you people will. No, it isn't about the pensions. It's all about the union demands involving a city that has no money to bargain. A city that is in bad financial shape. A city that steps on it's own feet due to the ineptness of the city leaders to run it properly. It's about a city struggling to survive and the union folks won't realize it and back off until better times return with the economy and the replacement of this worthless bunch in city hall occurs and we finally get some people in here who know what they're doing to run the show.
Sgt Joe Friday View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 10:56am
Wait a minute. You both have said the city is in bad shape and going bankrupt. I've seen the news the city is buying buildings, renovating downtown, and bringing in business. I've seen nor heard anyone on city council indicate the city is going bankrupt. The city's Moody rating is the highest you can get. has it been down-graded?

With all due respect, I am in question if either of you have the facts right. You talk about a working age, and now want to bring working wages down to minimum wage.    
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 11:00am
Hahahahaha talk about getting facts straight I don't think you have gotten one straight yet.  Please show me where anyone has suggested bringing Public Safety wages down to minimum wage.  You seem to stretch the issue farther and farther in an attempt to gain sympathy.  This is the wrong place for that.

When the Public Safety renewal levy fails serious financial consequences will follow.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 1:06pm
Sarge, you haven't explained or why cops will end up working for minimum wage.  Sounds like some scary jingle the union bosses have beaten into your head for years.  If 90-95% of us in the private sector don't have unions, why aren't we working for minimum?  What's there to be afraid of out here in the big, bad scary private sector?  A little competition?  Accountability for performance?   
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 2:32pm
Hey Sgt. Friday, concerning your question on if the Police went on strike what would you do.  If the Police are on strike you have no Law Enforcement anyway so you may as well Fire them bring, the Sheriff for 6 monthas and begin rebuilding the Police Dept.  Don't think you would have to much trouble finding QUALIFIED Replacements.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 3:32pm
I bet all you MiddletownUSA people would love to have Governor Christy from New Jersey move down. When saftety is compromised, we all lose, especially you. Look what happened to Steve Dillman. Just when you don't expect it, crime occurs. What's it going to take to get the message to you that with high crime, businesses want come to Middletown. I surely hope Mr. Verdin isn't reading this site as he may just forget about opening PAC, and Cincinnati State may consider moving elsewhere. Without public safety, the whole cookie crumbles.  
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 3:58pm
Hey Friday are you a cop or a business owner , I am just wondering. I mean seeing how you and Mtown are the same person on here. (IP address dont lie Shocked)

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 4:33pm
OK Sarge- the economy is in the toilet. We all know that crime in the form of bank and business robberies escalate during poor economic times. People who are unemployed are desperate for money. Ain't rocket science here. They gotta find money to buy their Christmas presents and get high around this time of year. The kids will have presents around the tree no matter what and that takes money from wherever they get it.

According to your post, you are suggesting the city is doing alright in it's money ventures and that they are investing money into downtown and bringing in businesses.(All gov/bailout money coupled with some ill-spent city taxpayer money) Is that why they have relied solely on fed money bailout programs like HUD and Section 8 for operating revenue? You know as well as I, there are no real, decent paying jobs left in this town except for AK and I have heard the big union wages are starting to erode there also in favor of jobs being contracted out. Saves AK a bunch in wages per hour and they don't have to pay benefits packages for these people either. Big cost savings for AK if they can weed out, over time, the union salary and benefits legacies they are paying. Same thing should happen to a city who can't handle it's money and have inept people in the driver's seat. Since 75% of the city's budget is in salary/benefits for public employees, and Laubach has shown that the city won't be able to handle much more in union demands in the future, the logical place to cut is in this area.

I hope Verdin (and Cincy State) do read this. Maybe he (they) will get the message that this town can't afford to give him hundreds of thousands of dollars for his arts center that has yet to show anything and is a crapshoot at best. Cincy State was literally given (bought on a wing and a prayer) some buildings for their operation with no input from the very citizens who's money could potentially be wasted by this incompetent city leadership. Both the arts center and the college has the potential to never materialize and the people will have paid dearly to own some white elephants that may never be occupied. Disgusting. Public safety is important- true, but it must be within reason as to the budget of the city....ie.... it must be AFFORDABLE. You fail to grasp that concept so far. Don't blame us citizens for not wanting to bankrupt the city because of union demands, blame the city leaders for devising a budget and failing to get adequate revenue generators in town to afford you any longer. THEY are the ones responsible to the people, to see that the public service has been met. THEY are the ones who are failing you and "we, the people". JMO
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 4:55pm

Hahahahaha looks like Sgt. Got busted like old Barney Fife and his one bullet in his pocket.  Good job Randy.

Sgt. the only way you would have done Dillman any good was if a cop car was on break in the parking lot eating donuts.

Elliot Mess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Mess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 4:55pm
Friday:
Don't get me started on you.  There are reasons why I never asked you to join my team of untouchables, and you know what they are.  We're keeping an ewye on you. Cool
Elliot Mess
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 5:08pm
You guys are too easy. Check out the post. It starts with "If you think it will pass, I am in complete disagreement. If you think they will try to raise it, of course they will, and throw in the 200 years it will take to repair the roads and sewer." Talk about throwing you some red meat and look what happens. No wonder spider flips so much. Darn server at Dillman's is acting up. 
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 5:27pm
Once again Sgt M makes little to know sense which is his/her trademark.  Impersonating an Officer can't you go to jail for that, I wanna file a complaint. Hahahahahaha.  Of course you have also been trying to impersonate a person who knows something, anything and failed at that.  To bad that is not a crime. 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by wrote:

Sorry spiderjohn. These incidents make anyone want to shop where it is safe, because who wants to go get a gallon of milk, and risk getting shot, walking into a guitar shop, and risking death. What is becoming of Middletown and crime is alarming. Off duty policemen should be placed in every major store in Middletown.   

This is also Mtown/ Sgt. Friday
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 5:34pm
Hey Mtown, if you like I can also post your real name and address, along with your email.
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 9:58pm
Spider....Last month two men walked into the IHOP in West Chester with sawed-off shotguns, terrorized the employees and patrons and robbed the place. No one seems immune right now. Still...I am so sorry. It must be very difficult to get past the trauma...
"Because nice matters..."
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

Hey Friday are you a cop or a business owner , I am just wondering. I mean seeing how you and Mtown are the same person on here. (IP address dont lie Shocked)

Hey Barney, You have been outted.Ouch
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2011 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by randy randy wrote:

Hey Mtown, if you like I can also post your real name and address, along with your email.
Evil%20Smile      LOL
Sorry this has happened to all involved.  I can't imagine how traumatizing this would be.  Just like the lady who has been robbed twice up at the BP drive thru. A friend of mine had stopped in Dillmans literally around the same time. She said noone else was in the parking lot but imagining these guys maybe hiding outside waiting for the store to be clear  Ughhh    Dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic