FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robbery
    Posted: Dec 19 2010 at 11:43pm

From the MJ:

Grocery store robbed at gunpoint

By Staff Report 11:08 PM Sunday, December 19, 2010

MIDDLETOWN — Police are searching for two men involved in an armed robbery of a grocery store here Sunday evening.

Two white males displayed handguns and took money from cash registers at the Dillman Foods store, 2100 Central Ave., at about 8:01 p.m. Sunday, Lt. Scott Reeve said.

The suspects fled the area in a small red vehicle, Reeve said.

One of the suspects is described as a white male, about 5-foot-10, with a thin build and thinning gray hair. He appeared to be in his 40s and was wearing a jean jacket with a gray hoodie underneath, and blue jeans.

The other suspect was described as a white male was about 6-feet tall, dark short hair, and graying mustache. He also appeared to be in his early 40s and was wearing a jean jacket, blue jeans, and a black ski mask.

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Detective Tim Riggs at (513) 425-7785.

PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 7:51am
Oh no! Terrible news...
Is this a similar description to the criminal who held up Moeller Music at gunpoint 2 weeks ago?
"Because nice matters..."
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 9:05am
Sorry spiderjohn. These incidents make anyone want to shop where it is safe, because who wants to go get a gallon of milk, and risk getting shot, walking into a guitar shop, and risking death. What is becoming of Middletown and crime is alarming. Off duty policemen should be placed in every major store in Middletown.   
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 9:38am

Teacher! Teacher! I know the answer
Mr. Addkin said that the neighborhood was just tooo far gone and therefore would not receive any city funding to help solve the crime and poverty problems.

I'm glad none of the employees or customers were hurt.

Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 10:27am
Hmm, to be used to promote a new safety levy perhaps?  just sayin'
Sgt Joe Friday View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 11:08am
It won't take one of the most informed critics of the city of Middletown for the leadership to move on with a significant tax hike Neil. But what a brilliant opportunity. Steve Dillman, one of the city's harshest critics gets his store robbed, and now is fully supportive of a tax hike. 

Just very happy no one was hurt nor killed. But no, a public levy will not pass. That's DOA. Take that to the bank with a deposit slip.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 11:35am
The crime in this city does appear to be escalating that is no doubt due to the great economy we have.

Thank goodness all the Dillman employees are ok.

No amount of a levy will fix a crime problem.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 12:13pm
I have already predicted somewhere on this forum that we will see the upcoming renewal of the Public Safety levy go to .50%.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 12:24pm
Pac, are you saying for clarification, the city will make a pass at the levy increasing, or it will pass? A drastic difference. Of course, the city will always attempt to raise the raye, just like the school system will want to build a new high school and consolidated middle school.

If you think it will pass, I am in complete disagreement. If you think they will try to raise it, of course they will, and throw in the 200 years it will take to repair the roads and sewer.

Why do you think there are so many FOR SALE signs out there now from many who have lived 3rd/ 4rth generation?

Hire off duty cops, not pass a levy. Crime is no worse in 2010 than 2009, actually slightly lower.   
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 12:43pm
I am saying the city will raise the current .25% to .50% with the coming renewal attempt.  Will it pass I hope not I am not voting for either.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 12:59pm
Neither am I, and I am a cop, or played one on tv once. Just rely on Factsmaam, nothing but the facts.  
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 3:10pm
Ok Sgt Friday you lost me on that post above, let us have it in understandable english pleaseConfused
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 3:14pm
Sorry Pac. Obviously, you never watched DRAGNET. Sarg always uses "the facts maam, just the facts." Voters should use facts and reason for their decision- right? Over and out, robbery in progress, One Durham Plaza.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 4:03pm
I understand, "the facts maam, just the facts."  It is the rest.  Are you a cop or not and if so please explain the facts and reasons, as I am assuming, there is  that dreaded word, you are a cop and are all for a levey and even an increase.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 4:30pm
I plead the 5th. I am for a tax increase. The city is going broke, draining the Reserve fund. Without patrol officers, crime will increase. Its a fact. The roads and sewers need to be repaired. Without the money, we'll never restore Middletown to its former luster.

The ball is rolling in the right direction, we have momentum on our side. We have SunCoke ready to get going. The Atrium is growing. We have some great projects going downtown. The school system has a new superintendent. If we don't pass a ,5% tax increase, every step forward will be set back three steps.

Look what happened to Springboro, West Chester right behind them.  
bill View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 4:59pm
this should get interesting......
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 5:55pm
Boy, Kasich can't get into Office soon enough and tackle the Union problem in this state for Public Safety.  The world is coming to an end which is the typical Union stance if we don't pass the Levy. .......BS.

What are you referring to concerning Springboro and West Chester?  If that is the best arguement you have for me to vote for a levy......you just confirmed my "NO" and to go and get a concealed weapons permit.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 6:02pm
Officers and fire fighters put their lives on the line daily for your protection. Crime will rise. With no right to strike, we'll have a system of minimum wages, no pension, and unqualified staff. You get what you pay for. The turn-over in both Springboro and West Chester is less than a year, because the public just doesn't support the public servants, including schools.  Copy that.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 6:15pm
Sgt Joe states "The roads and sewers need to be repaired"- True. If you want the city to start doing that Friday, you need to go to the city building and ask Gilleland and company to return the street repair money to that fund. They took the money out of the street repair fund in the 80's, put it in the General Fund for emergency use and never returned it back to the street fund. Don't ask us taxpayers to up our taxes, ask the city to place the money back where it belongs.

Friday also states "we have the momentum on our side. We have SunCoke ready to get going." SunCoke has had to change their gameplan due to a recent court ruling. Not going to be quite the dynamo it was projected to be.

Sgt. Joe mentions "We have some great projects going downtown" Not necessarily. Your statement may be a little premature. Verdin has yet to get the arts center going and is behind schedule to attract the number of new artists that were planned. Little has been done to get the arts center ready for operation as yet. Cincy State is still trying to determine their gameplan and the city has already purchased several buildings IN THE HOPE (as in nothing in concrete) that Cincy State will start occupying these buildings. The city also purchased two buildings that were "mothballed" for POTENTIAL USE AT A LATER DATE (again speculation and potential wishful thinking they will ever be used) Nothing has happened downtown as yet to justify excitement...just hope that things will happen.

Sgt Joe also says "The school system has a new superintendant". Reread the hope, but no tangible evidence as yet that great things are happening. Sorry, can't get too excited on promises with no indicators that things are changing for the better.

City has not given us citizens a reason to support a .5% tax increase. Didn't see anything happen with the .25% we just gave them. Hard to give more, if one can't see the results of giving before. More wasted money if this passes IMO. This is a poor community. Alot of unemployment. Taxes on people is not the answer for revenue generation. Job creation is however. JMO
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Sgt Joe Friday Sgt Joe Friday wrote:

Officers and fire fighters put their lives on the line daily for your protection. Crime will rise. With no right to strike, we'll have a system of minimum wages, no pension, and unqualified staff. You get what you pay for. The turn-over in both Springboro and West Chester is less than a year, because the public just doesn't support the public servants, including schools.  Copy that.

Sgt. if you are a Police Officer and I was your superior I would have to question your ability to actually be in a Position of authority with your comments above.  Minimum wage , no pension, unqualified staff those are all buzz words for the union brats.  If you can't rationalize any better than what you posted above then maybe you need a baby sitter to ride along with you on your shift to tell you what to do.

I was a Police Officer in the South in a right to work state for many years.  I did not work for minimum wage.  I had a paid pension program which I did not have to contribute anything, had paid Health care, paid vacation, paid unlimited sick leave, paid life insurance, paid uniform allowance, paid court Time, paid night differential, weapons allowance if I bought my own weapon, yearly raises that all other Public employees got, time and a half for overtime, double time and a half for holiday pay, triple time for over time on a holiday, paid educational benefits.  I may of forgot a few things but you get the point.

As far as risking your life thank you, but you took the job knowing what you were getting into, to constantly fall back on that as a.......oh woe is me gets old, just as listening to the Fire Dept. talk about their runs going up each year.  I see the Fire Dept. wiz by my business probably 5-10 times a day some days and most of the time 5 minutes later they are chugging on back to the station,  They too took the job knowing what they were getting into and how it was, so the old it is dangerous, we all know that.  It is dangerous being a clerk at night also.

The mentality of give us a raise constantly even though the city is on the verge of collapse is irresponsible on the part of City Workers who continually are only towing the Union line and looking out for themselves.  Personally I would take the Unions to Conciliation after I got a list of those in line to be laid off.  You want raises well it is going to cost you 1 worker for every $80,000.00 in raises.  3% raise that will be about 3 less Officers for the next 3 years.  Sorry time for sacrifice and not, Oh woe is me I need another 3%.  Unfortunately the Union Mantra is everyone else must sacrifice but not us....for we are Union.......HORSE PUCKY.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Sgt Joe Friday Sgt Joe Friday wrote:

I hope your not smoking all that dope you guys have been confiscating. Where do you get the idea of minimum wage,no pension and unqualified officers ?? If potential officers all have to go through the exact same training then that means the officers we have are all unqualified. As for pensions officers should have the same pension as the people they serve,a simple 401-K. (or something similar)

I am an avid advocate of de-unionization of police & fire and do not support union's that threaten,intimidate and or harrass the people they serve. Cities are not companies and they do not produce a product to sell,they rely solely on taxation of the people to provide basic services at a reasonable cost. The union that represents police and fire is not and never has been reasonable.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2010 at 8:02pm

December 31, 2009

Dear Members,

The intent of this letter is to bring the FOP membership up to speed with regards to Ohio’s public pension systems.  At the request of the Ohio Retirement Study Council (ORSC), each of the five public pension systems in Ohio were mandated to draw up a plan to ensure the pension systems get to or retain their funding within the 30-year statutory requirement.  These plans, developed by each of the individual systems, were presented at the September ORSC meeting to illustrate their current funding status and possible recommendations for legislative action within the requirements of Ohio law. 

Keep in mind that the ORSC requested these plans from the pension systems and the FOP has not endorsed nor taken a position on any of these current recommendations.  In fact the FOP has already met with members of the ORSC to highlight some of the positions we have taken in the past and encourage open communication should any of these recommendations be drafted into legislation. The FOP has also conducted meetings with local lodge leaders from throughout Ohio to gather input on the membership’s views and ideas.  For more specific information on the proposed changes see this document or look under the legislative section for additional news and updates.

Within the last couple of months, the FOP has had several meetings with Chairman Todd Book of the ORSC and members of the Ohio House leadership.  Currently, there has been no draft legislation that has been reviewable by our office.  However, we anticipate that legislation will be forthcoming early in the year 2010 and we are working very closely with all the interested parties on these issues to ensure the voice of the FOP is heard.

I also want to take this opportunity to make you aware of several editorials that will be propagated by Ohio’s newspapers in an attempt to “legislate by editorial”.  The newspapers feel it is their duty to speak for the people and question the “pension envy” issue when the public pension systems are failing to meet their own 30 year funding statutory mandate in Ohio law.  Certainly this will put pressure on the legislature to act on pension legislation but after speaking with our legislative leaders we are convinced that a knee-jerk reaction will not be taken.  We also will have much more debate and conversations with the legislature once a draft is circulated with the proposed changes.

I assure you that the FOP is taking, and has taken, steps to maintain the interests of our members, both active and retired, in supporting and maintaining our pensions and healthcare.  Furthermore, as more information is developed, we will do our best to get it disseminated to the membership.

Fraternally,

Mark Drum, Legislative Chairman

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 7:33am
Sgt. once again you post and don't clarify what your point is in this year old letter.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 8:18am
According to your union logic Sargeant, all of us in the private sector are making minimum wage and are unqualified because we don't have a stamp of approval by a union?  You don't think that municipalities, with a properly run HR Department, can interview and hire police officers, have periodic training, standards that they must meet, etc.?  Do you union-lovers take us for fools? 
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 10:02am
I'm here to help. Lets make this clear shall we.I've read many posters indicate that the streets are in bad condition. Well, who voted to allow that to happen? It wasn't police for the fire department, it was you, the residents. And what are you doing about that? Nothing. So now that it will cost the city hundreds of millions to fix the streets and sewers, the city has to drawl down the reserve. It was you, the residents, who voted to let the money go to other sources. What have you doneabout that since then? Nothing. So we get the blame for that. Pointing the finger and blame at others than yourselves.

What if police and fire were to strik, what would you do? Would you have your house burn down, your existence put in danger, no. That;s why we don't strike. And before anyone suggests Reagan let the air traffic controllers be fired, let me be the first to say he was wrong.

Pension envy is what this about.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic