FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"I Am the Law"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
vannestmom View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 7:08pm
when i said personal rob i meant this was personal!! he wasnt on the clock!!! you all act like you dont get your goose on when your not working.  so he had a drink. that man opened up a bar tab and put his drink on it aj probaly just thought that he was buyin all night.  i dont know what the problem was just a misunderstanding that blew up in the paper.
"think before you judge"
Dave View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 8:05pm
And We have the nice lake mistake.....lol
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 8:14pm
Ok Mom,,,I see you thought process. If someone opens a tab you drink free all night! That fits with your its owed to me thinking. Really when one buys you a drink you but the next round, its called being polite. Oh wait a minute,,,AJ has no job so the drinks should be free!! He's an embarressment to the City and so are you!!!Censored
Rob View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 8:23pm
You're right, it was personal.  But so was Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky.  Perhaps it's not fair to compare that situation to Councilman Smith's, but the idea/principle remains the same.  I don't have a problem with him or any elected official sitting at a bar drinking.  Nor do I have a problem concerning the misunderstanding over who payed for the beer in question.  What I do have a problem with is:
1) The girl at the bar complaining about how Councilman Smith/Mr.Robinette was telling her to take her clothes off  at the bar.
2) The fact that the councilman walked out of the bar with a beer in his hand (open container) and then drove off.
3) His loud and obnoxious behavior while sitting at the bar.

I'll admit that when I do go out after work, I would like to have a good time and be with friends.  However, if I were an elected official I would also be sure to maintain awareness of my surroundings and be sure to not act like a fool in front of the people whom I have been sworn to represent; be it either the people of my ward or the city itself.  He's an elected official, he should know better.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 11:36pm

Mom, I will tell you this, I have spoken to Aj about his and I have spoken to the waitress from that night. I would be careful if I were you defending the actions of that night. You may regret it when the entire story comes out....and it will come out no matter who tries to keep things hush hush.

I can also tell you that the stores I have been told by Aj and the person working that night are very different. The account the Rob has giving matches the employees version (almost) but as Rob as said he didn't see everything that went on.

This is a major...I repeat MAJOR black eye to the city and for to defend it as nothing more than someone out having some fun and then  dealing with a personal issue is ridicules.

Since you say you know Aj, why don’t you call him and ask for his version of events that night? Then walk into Applebees and ask them what happened. Then come back here and tell all of us how this was no big deal and we are blowing things out of proportion.

Oh, and were are all the great defenders of the city and city stuff, you now the ones that come on here and talk so highly of them and try to diminish what is been said here on MUSA…..Huh where are you Mtown/AKA.. Sgt. Joe and Sappy. Kind of hard to defend when city staff is driving home drunk, so drunk that they stumble out of Applebees ( and I am not talking about Aj)

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 11:51pm
Ouch
Anyone driving on my roads drunk...grrrr  Let alone ANY member of city staff. Stumbling outta Applebees?  Pitiful.   It is against the law to carry an open container outta any liquor establishment and I'm thinking an open container in an car is also illegal. Wondering if we are ever going to hear the females version?
And Randy, Smartman & Bill...  Your posts to Vannest Mom    Thumbs%20Up
Guest View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 7:14am
I hear that Robinette was obnoxis, loud, and crude.  The police report is public record. Asking girls to take off their clothes etc. Look to his previous jobs and see why he no longer works at them.  Unethical behavior comes to mind in Franklin and Dayton. Time to step down.
Molly View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Molly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 7:29am
If Mr. Robinette was indeed as terrible as some witnessess put it, will that information be made public? Also, if he was drunk, did he drive home? His continued rude behavior to many in this town may be a sign of an ego not in check. Also, the city manager's never-ending support for him shows that perhaps, her judgement is not the best either.Stern%20Smile
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 7:41am
I worry much more about what these public servants do while they are on the clock representing our welfare.
 Did this incident lead to any "sick days", missed meetings?
Are we getting stuck with bar/meal tabs from these "neetings" on expense accounts?

Still--if a person is out late at night acting in this manner, then they are probably not going to be as focused and productive during working hours. Let alone being compromised by their late-night activities.

I learned LONG ago(the hard way) that laying out late drinking, and hanging around with the late-night drinking crowd can be very counter-productive to family, business, friends and pretty much anything that matters to everyone associated. It;s there every night if that is what you really want. Just look around you at your new surroundings and your new friends...

Anyone can have a bad night out on the town. It happens unfortunately.
All is usually forgiven if those involved correct their behavior, face up and make proper amends, then put it behind them to become wiser and better. Don't repeat these lapses in judgement. The legal/financial consequences can be devastating.

Been there enough to know better now.
No casting stones here--hopefully a wake-up message to everyone to act respectfully, properly and not to over-react when a bad situation unfolds.

So much simpler when you do the right thing from the beginning.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 11:32am
Do the city and the people a big favor A.J.  and Mr.R resign your postions.You have made this city look even worse then it is.
If I was the girl that was insulted I would be asking for heads to roll.Both of you are a disgrace.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 11:34am
"Robbie" has alot of pressure on him. With him being overloaded with bringing in all those high payin' jobs to Middletown, the man is bound to be looking to relieve all the stress. Loud and obnoxious personifies some of the people in our city government. Perhaps, "Robbie" is one of the poster children for this. Sad.

IMO, time for alot of them to step down. Behind the council desk and in the city building. Every time we have an incident like this, Girls Gone Wild coming to the city, or another post on You Tube of council acting like little children, we put another nail in the city's coffin as to respectability in the area and cement our image of being labeled as a city with no class. Time to start acting like professionals, not like the "owner" of "Diamond Dave's Ninja School". (See You Tube)
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 11:49am

Have to Agree Vet.Alot more ought to step down.Anymore they do as they please,and say Hell with the people.They forget that we are the ones that put them in those chairs.Not to long ago there was a post on  getting rid of them.Havent seen anything lately on it,but myself would spear head the start of it.IMO their going to continue till the people stand up and yell louder then them.Its a New Year time to do some cleaning.Smile

MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 1:25pm
thank you for helping make my point spider. ANYONE can have a bad night. my whole thing is y is everyone talkin about aj and not the other dude that was with him. i no u all r but why is no one in the paper talking about his bad behavior. is the paper covering this up or setting aj up? im just saying. he told me a story that didnt sound nothing like what was in the paper. 
"think before you judge"
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 1:42pm
Anyone can have a bad night - but I am older then AJ - and have never been asked to leave or move when at any establishment because of my behavior.  That is not a bad night - that is just purely bad manners and behavior.  There is no excuse for that.  When you are public figure - you are expected to act with dignity on and off the job.  What you do off the clock (that is if he punches a clock) reflects on your character.  If he can not manage his behavior, then how can anyone expect that he is going to do what is best for the city. 
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 3:18pm
Considering AJ is not a small man, I doubt a couple beers would be the cause of any misbehavior.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 3:30pm
I said it once but will say again"He doesnt like women that makes him look bad."Smile
Guess I will have to go to the next meeting to ask publicly for him to resign his postion.
As of Mr.R,I think The city manger needs to give him his walking papers.I dont care if they was off the clock or not both of them are a disgrace to the city.
Concerned Citizen View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concerned Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 5:00pm
Here is the police report I went down and got it for all to see.

MIDDLETOWN DIVISION OF POLICE
One Donham Plaza
Middletown, Ohio 45042
513-4?5-7700

OFFENSE TYPE
LIOUOR LAWS

WHERE OCCURRED
3240 TOWNE BLVD

REPORT DATE
01-05-2011

REPORT TIME
21:30

INCIDENT NUMBER
1rc40272

UCR CODE

EARLIEST DATE
01-05-201 1

EARLIEST TJME

LATEST DATE
01-05-2011

LATEST TIME
21:30

SUPERVISOR

ASsIGNED TO

PENDING

ARREST

OTHER

CLEARED

UNF

REPORTED BY
KING, JO MARGARET
Phone#:727-0458

2nd Phone: 513-267-8549

ADDRESS
3240 TOWNE BLVD, 3509 E VILLAGE DR.

D.O.B: 08-15-1980

SUBJECT(S)
SMITH, A.J.
Phone#: 2nd Phone:
ROBINETTE, MIKE
Phone#: 513-727-5320 2nd Phone;
SLOAN, DAYLA
Phone#: 2nd Phone:
WAHL, JON
Phone#: 571 -7609 2'1d Phone:
MARCONI, MATT
Phone#: 424-3728 2nd Phone:
MARCONI, ROB
Phone#: 424-3728 2nd Phone:
BREEN, TIM
Phone#;727-0058 zndPhone:

ADDRESS

D O.B:

S13-30s-61s3 D O.B:
432 CAMBRIDGE DR, MIDDLETOWN OH 45042
D.O.B: 07-16-1989
2225 WHITTIER ST, 9, Ni IDDLETOWN OH 45042
D.O.B: 06-21-1987
4521 SAINT ANDREW CT, MIDDLETOWN OH 45042
D.O-B: 03-'14-1992
4521 SAINTANDREW CT, MIDDLETOWN OH 45042
D.O.B: 07-14- 1983
3240 TOWNE BLVD, MiDDLETOWN OH 45044
D.O.B:

sgt. Ream and I responded to Applebee's "ffi5eft of atcohot. The complainant advised
that a man left without paying for his alcohol and had lt in his hand when he left. She had gotten his
license number and a patron recognized him as A.J. SMITH.

Upon arrival, I spoke with MS. KING who is a waitress at Applebee's. She advised that MR. SMITH
got up from the barwiih a beer in each hand and started to leave. She told him he had to pay and
that he couldn't leave with the beers. He refused to pay or give her the beers and said, "f**k you."
She told him that she would call the law and he stated, "l am the law." He put one beer down before
leaving, however kept the other one with him as he Ieft, got in his car, and drove off quickly.

Two witnesses, MATT MARCONI and ROB MARCONI, saw what happened and stated that MR.
SMITH got in his car and accelerated very fast and nearly hit the waitress with his car. I spoke with
MS. KING about this and she advised that she was standing pretty far away and never felt like she
was in danger of getting hit.

MS. KING advised that MR, SMITH left quickly because he and his friend, identified as MIKE
ROBINETTE, had been involved in a disturbance with two other customers, DAYLA SLOAN and
JON WAHL. She also provided additional information at this time that MR. ROBINETTE paid for the
beer that MR. SMITH left with. She advised that when MR, SMITH and I\rlR. ROBINETTE first
arrived MR. ROBTNETTE ordered and told her to put it on his tab. When MR, SMITH ordered
another beer she asked MR. ROBINETTE if he wanted her to put that one on his tab also, he said,

"ah no!," so she started a separate iab for MR, SMITH, When MR. SMITH left without paying, MR.
ROBINETTE went ahead and paid for it. We found out who MR. ROBINETTE was because he left
his business card.

I spoke with DAYLA SLOAN, who advised that she was sitting at the bar wlth her friend JON WAHL
when A.J. SMITH and his friend MIKE staried talking to her. She advised that MR. SMITH was not
being a problern, MIKE was. She advised that MIKE kept making inappropriate comments towards
her and he wouldn't stop even after she made several requests that he leave her alone. She
advised that she knew A.J, SMITH and asked him to make his friend leave her alone, but MIKE was
getting louder and she felt he was trying to chase off her friend, JON. At one point MIKE stated, "l'm
about to make JON dlsappear."

Due to the fact that the tab started out as one, and the way VlR. ROBINETTE responded when
asked about the second beer, it was possible that A.J. SMITH didnt hear the response and realize
he was responsible for the cost of the second beer.

I spoke with the store manager, TIM BREEN, and advised that since the beer was paid for, there
was not a theft violation. I told him that there was an Open Flask Violation, bui we didn't witness the
violation so there probably would not be charges for that. MR, BREEN was happy with the
response and advised that they call on open flask violations to protect themselves.

Lt. Reeve - 310; Sgt. Ream - 412 KL-4, KS-6

Page 2 of 2

lncident: 11000272

LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 5:08pm
A.J. we all know that you lurk around so if your reading this please resign.Save the city from being embarssed anymore then it is.You sir are a disgrace to Middletucky.Smile
errn View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote errn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 5:40pm
This is typical AJ Smith behavior. AJ has taken to riding with the local paramedics in town. While doing so he is always dressed in his usual Barack Obama garb, complete with hat and shirt. He came into the emergency room with the paramedics as they were transporting a patient one night. After the paramedics conducted a safe hand off AJ went straight back to the room where the paramedics can go to write up their reports, get something to eat or grab a refreshemnt.  The next thing you know here comes AJ bounding around the corner with two peanut butter and jellies stuffed into his mouth and pockets filled with refreshments. A staff member noticed his Obama campaign garb made a remark to him about maybe wanting to stay and get a psychological evaluation. All in good fun. AJ went off and called this staff member a racist and wanted to speak to the charge nurse so he could file a complaint against her because she was a racist. Oh, and you guessed it, he dropped that he was a city councilman and this wasn't the last  time this hospital would hear from him.
Rob View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 6:09pm
Thank you Concerned Citizen for doing that.  Seeing this report makes me somewhat less critical of Councilman Smith.  Hopefully everyone can understand how I could have made such a mistake -- the girl starts screaming about how he's telling her to "take her clothes off at the bar"; the waitress tells Councilman Smith specifically that he needs to either move or leave; the girl continues talking about the councilman and how he was acting after he left (overheard while waiting for the police).  His loud/obnoxious behavior and possible drunk driving, when viewed alongside an incident in which he allegedly acted inappropriately towards a female acquaintance, forced me to conclude that he was perhaps too immature to be on City Council and that he should resign.  But viewing them separately, minus the incident -- which I must say was the primary reason I considered this "event" so appalling concerning Councilman Smith's past history -- suggests that while he may be too immature, this may just be a one-time thing.  However he's still a city councilman, an elected official, a representative of the city and its people, and should know better.

This report also forces me to critique the writer of the newspaper article as well.  The police report, which is a matter of public record, says specifically that the female acquaintance was "harassed" by Mr.Robinette and not Councilman Smith.  Why was this not made mention in the article?  Why did the article say that the incident was between Councilman Smith and his female acquaintance especially when the writer of the article spoke to Councilman Smith specifically about this incident prior to writing it?  And where is Councilman Smith in response to this story, or more specifically, to the questions and conversation proposed by this forum?
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 7:28pm
thank u rob! Clapthis is exactly what i said!!! everybody was focusing on AJ!! thaank u also for postin the police report!! I calle d aj and this was almost the exact same story he said to me. looks like i said before people at the paper have something in for AJ!! and are trying to cover for robinette.  egg on everyones faces now that the report came out. LEAVE THIS MAN ALONE!!!!
"think before you judge"
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 7:30pm
Still does not excuse his actions!! He must go!!! And for that matter, Mikey Too!!!
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by vannestmom vannestmom wrote:

thank u rob! Clapthis is exactly what i said!!! everybody was focusing on AJ!! thaank u also for postin the police report!! I calle d aj and this was almost the exact same story he said to me. looks like i said before people at the paper have something in for AJ!! and are trying to cover for robinette.  egg on everyones faces now that the report came out. LEAVE THIS MAN ALONE!!!!
Will leave him alone as soon as he gives up that chair he sits in.As I said,he is a disgrace to this town along with Mr.R. Should be a very intersting council meeting.Big%20smile
Spiderjohn View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 9:17pm
Can you imagine what Citizens' Comments would be like if Tom Rapp was still around?
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 9:28pm
Hey Mom,,you say leave this man alone!!! Remember he is an irresponsible, arrogant, self sentered man-child that thrives on seeing his name in print. He is not doing our city any favors. He and Mikey need to go!! Hmm, maybe you could go with them!! Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic