FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Krause leaves Middletown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Krause leaves Middletown
    Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 3:13pm
I have heard rumors that the coach of the Middes Jason Krause is leaving for a job in Fairfield. I have not confirmed this yet but it is the rumor I am hearing.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
midres View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 4:48pm
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 5:30pm
Jason makes another move up the ladder. Surely he is after something more than HS Football Coaching.

Kudos to Jason and the teams he has built over the years.

More conversation on The Voice of Monroe
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Arthur Loversky View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Loversky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 6:40pm
I like Coach Krauss very much as a person. He seemed very positive about the future here, and I looked forward to seeing how far he could take the Middletown program.

He hardly made the Middletown program a success--they were ready to explode.
I enjoyed his coaching and thought that he did improve the situation. He inherited a gold mine of talent, including qb Watkins, Jerry Gates, Nick McKnight, Tony Banks and MANY others with D1 ability. He had more talent on the field than any coach in Middletown history.

In his 3 years with that talent, he was 1-2 in D1 playoffs, and had one GMC co-championship in that period, so he hardly over-achieved. The recent blow-out home playoff loss to a very strong Dayton Wayne team was a real low point.

His home win 3 years ago over Colerain and his D1 playoff road win at Cincy Moeller were outstanding, and I will be forever grateful for the way that he rubbed it in at Moeller.

His journey through Monroe, Middletown, and now Fairfield is his business.
He is a football coach . No issue there.
Fairfield? He must be getting paid a lot more $$, because they hardly have the talent pool, sandwiched between the Lakotas and Hamilton. Maybe the Lakota school levy failure will be his windfall?

If Middletown can hold on to their returning undeclassmen, the quality coaches will be lined up to get the job. Jason Krauss was good--not the only good coach around. The Middletown Middies will move on without him, possibly being even better. Best of luck to the ex-coach and the local program.

Art Lover
got art?
you do now!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 6:56pm
That's fine. Must be the money. Don't necessarily buy the "better for my family or career" which is the canned statement made by a departing coach. Hear that often. Also don't believe the comment about being a "hard decision to leave Middletown" either. Another canned statement to make the leaving less "awkward".

Fairfield hasn't had any talent for years down there. Not been a contender in a long time. Krause must like to take down-trodden programs and rebuild them. Did it at Monroe and did it at Middletown. Fairfield will be a challenge also.

Time for some payback when we play his Fairfield teams. Guess moving to new high school programs every 3 to 4 years is the way to get to the lower ranks of college football. Sure doesn't make for any longterm stability with any program though. JMO Might be a new name for doing this....Going LaBron
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 8:32pm
very disappointing.  Art, considering some of the talent MHS has had over the years, he's the first one in a long time to maximize it.  How much more could a high school being paying him... a few thou? 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by midres midres wrote:

This is from the MJ website.  He's gone.

My post went live before the Journal....YAY I Scopped them. Big%20smile
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 6:42am
Makes room for Jim Place to return to Middletown. Or, Chip Otten of Coldwater--- a playoff team, to return. Hey! Bring back Jack Gordon!! He's not on WPFB anymore. Plenty of time on his hands to return to coaching. How about pulling from the St. X, Elder, or Moeller staff? Colerain does well year after year. Go north and pull from Lakewood St. Edward. Very successful program. No real need to stay local on the new selection, is there?
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 8:15pm
Maybe next time they can hire someone who isn't ashamed to move his young family here.
Arthur Loversky View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Loversky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 6:47am
But Neil, from what I have heard, aren't you largely respomsible for bringing your "Great Society" section 8 influx and mentality to the city? Weren't you an economic development head during a lot of the poor decision-making in the sordid past?
got art?
you do now!
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 1:00pm
Good thoughts by Rick McCrabb

Krause’s exit to Fairfield big bruise to Middie pride

During Krause’s three seasons in Middletown, the Middies went from 6-4 to 10-2 to 10-1 for a .787 winning percentage.
During the same period, Fairfield, also a member of the GMC, went from 1-9 to 6-4 to 2-8 under two coaches for a .300 winning percentage.
Fairfield, it seems, is a graveyard for coaches.

Full Article: http://www.middletownjournal.com/middletown-sports/high-school-sports/middletown/krauses-exit-to-fairfield-big-bruise-to-middie-pride-1052091.html
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic