FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mike Robinette Gone!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mike Robinette Gone!!
    Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 6:47pm
I have just confirmed that Economic Development Director Mike Robinette has resigned his position with the city of Middletown. In an email from the city manager to council, his position ends at the end of this month. And states that he has an opportunity to go to a better job in the private sector.

I will post the email sent from City Manager as soon as I can.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 6:59pm
Well, that's a start.
Not at all sure I believe the reason!
Now give the airport back to Dave.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 7:22pm
Is he taking his drinking buddy with him?
Steve Lewis View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 7:28pm

Lets hope we can move on and repair the damage from the other night. I do feel that by letting your ward reps. and senior staff know how you feel they do ask questions. I spoke my mind and heard from several council people who gave me time to vent. Lets hope we make a good choice in hiring a new director, we have much at stake for our towns future.

Steve Lewis
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 7:52pm
Good news indeed. Great news actually!! Now, we need to hear that Kohler, Landen and Gilleland are next to go. Council could help expedite that if they cared about the city but the old guard doesn't have enough guts to relieve a person of their duties. Need to pay attention to the replacement for Robinette. IMO, can't be a person who will repeat the effort of Robinette. Must be MUCH MORE aggressive in the pursuit of decent paying jobs. Most of the job choices that have come to this city the last 20 years offer no hope for the people who wish to upgrade their standard of living. A shame that alot of people living in this town must leave each day to work elsewhere to earn a decent living.

jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 7:59pm
Good luck to Mr. Robinette. Now, more cleaning house to do.Thumbs%20Up
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 8:24pm
One down,about 6 to go.Now would be a good time for you A.J. to follow in your drinking buddy's shoes.You sir are nothing but a loud mouth that thinks you can do as you please.See you at the next meeting when I ask you to be removed.Smile
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 8:46pm
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 9:12pm
I'm not sure this is an altogether good thing.  Like the Bengals sacrificing the occasional assistant coach, we could be in for more of the same now that a head was lopped off.  Hopefully this doesn't mean AJ stays.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 9:35pm
Perhaps this is why he and AJ were out "celebrating"? Or what he is calling a "resignation" could very well be a "firing" ?

Well doesn't matter,now we need at least one more to resign and I hope SHE does it soon.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2011 at 10:08pm

We all know that this is not about some new job opportunity; it is about the embarrassment he caused this city with his actions at Applebee’s. I don’t care that he is gone I just wish someone would tell the truth about why he left. The constant smoke screens are tiresome. Someone needs to be held accountable for that night and not able to resign a job and then use that job as a reference for some other job. We all know that’s what will happen, he will find a job for some other city and Judy will give straight A’s  as a reference. No one will ever hear about the night he harassed some poor girl, threatened her boy friend and then drove home drunk (allegedly)

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 6:02am

With eleven months' worth of salary, statutory taxes, fringe benefits and the like suddenly gone, the city is well over $100,000.00 closer to a balanced budget for 2011.  Thumbs%20Up

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Arthur Loversky View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Loversky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 7:20am

This is good ONLY if we can find someone better. Sad to see anyone lose their job over a transgression like this.

Distresses me that people worry more about two single guys off the clock acting up in a local tavern(representing no one other than themselves) then what goes on with the same people during the working day and at city meetings.

Intoxicated people drive home from restaurants and bars every night. Been happening for centuries.

We have a chance to improve ourselves now, Will the same names that picked Mr.Robinette pick his successor? If so, what will change?

These people who work for us are human beings with the same issues after work as everyone else. They are no different than you and your family(except having a much better benefit package). Intolerence and hypocrasy can also be very destructive and dangerous. Do you really think that this man leaving will change anything? Are there more resignations to follow?
got art?
you do now!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 8:22am
"
Distresses me that people worry more about two single guys off the clock acting up in a local tavern(representing no one other than themselves) then what goes on with the same people during the working day and at city meetings.'

Well first thing Art, Robinette is not single he is dating the mayor of Trenton. Second thing is, these guys represent the city all the time, part time either. One is elected and the other pretty much hand picked. So I dont your statements are correct. Their jobs are not 9-5. We should all be concerned about how these people conduct them selves out side of the city building.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 9:10am

Robinette should have been fired for his off the clock actions, and  not given a chance to resign, being govt. employee's, it does not matter if  your a public works worker or  if your in admin. what went on at applebee's with  Robinette and AJ was sexual harrassment and charges should have been made.. and i would hope that these two idiots are not allowed in the parking lot of applebee's, AJ how could u ever show your face and to have anything to do with city gov??? that  9 year old language you used ( F U) shows you are unfit to be in city gov and  any other form of gov....

Arthur Loversky View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Loversky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:02am
I would think that it would be up to the female involved to file any harrassment charges.
The investigating officers didn't observe anything that warranted further action on their part.
Applebee's hasn't filed any complaint to my knowledge.

Why everyone here thinks this to be their business and see cause for termination or removal from position is beyond me. How many of you have recently been guilty of drinking and driving? Quite a few, I would imagine. If you were to injure my family, friends, co-workers or me, I could care less as to whether you were a municipal employee or elected official. Even if you were on the job, that would be secondary.

On the other hand, I didn't care for Mr.Robinette's approach as economic development director. Don't understand the fixation with that downtown area while the rest of the business community has disintegrated. That downtown area is so far gone that most younger people have no interest in it at all, and have never seen anything happen there. It would be best suited to servicing the social service programs. The offices are already there. The food pantries, shelters, and outreach pprograms are all there. The people that use these services live mostly in that area. It is the section 8 mecca of this town. The Manchester Inn is now closed. The Thatcher properties are being sold and either vacated and "mothballed". Maybe it is the arts entities that are going to be poorly located there. "They" have tried many variations of the arts concept over the last 10+ years, with nothing having any stay power. Time to leave the area property owners on their own to improve their situation, and to stop waiting for continued municipal assistance. The town simply can't afford it any more.

I don't care for or understand Mr.Robinette's and the city's vendetta eith Mr.Robinson and his partners on the east end. Why try to over-charge them for a worthless piece of property when city has given away the farm in the downtown area?

Time for Council to take charge of this city and give fim and fair direction to city administation.
Council hires these people, and is responsible for their direction and actions(while on the clock!).
got art?
you do now!
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Arthur Loversky Arthur Loversky wrote:

Time for Council to take charge of this city and give fim and fair direction to city administation.
Council hires these people, and is responsible for their direction and actions(while on the clock!).
Technically speaking, Council hires the City Manager, but confirms the appointments of others--including department heads.

Sure Council could challenge--but in terms of interviewing, negotiating and extending the offer--Council's role is limited. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:26am
Arthur Loversky says "Why everyone here thinks this to be their business and see cause for termination or removal from position is beyond me"- Response.....because the one subject is a councilman, elected to serve the people and because the other is a city employee, with his salary paid for by the tax money collected from the city residents/city businesses and in a capacity to serve the citizens in an economic develop capacity for benefit of said citizens. IE- both are servants of the people and by the nature of their positions, are expected to be held accountable for their actions at all times, so as not to bring negative attention to an already ravaged town as to reputation. Both failed to do so.

Arthur further asks "How many of you have recently been guilty of drinking and driving?" Response.... Perhaps several of us. Perhaps some of us don't drink at all. But the bottom line is that most of us are not so ignorant as to act obnoxious in public and ask a person of the opposite sex to take the clothes off when drinking, we don't yell out stupidity like "I am the law" for all to hear, we don't think so highly of ourselves to think we can do as we please and we don't speed out of a parking lot with an open container, drawing attention to ourselves.

Your post from "On the other hand"....right on target.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:48am
Talking Heads View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talking Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 2:24pm
I see from the Journal article that the major and city manager boast Mr. R's achievements. Great, however, it is plausible that this public embarrassment and potential sexual harassment issue is the reason for the resignation letter (which by the way was written so quickly that Mr. R made a typo.)  His other drinking buddies, Mr. Mayor and Ms. City Manager have allowed him to leave on a "positive note." AND, they are allowing him to remain on taxpayers' payroll under his terms. Just doesn't seem right.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 10:01pm
I would like to dedicate this next clip to our own
"Two Wild and Crazy Guys"!!!!!!
Mike and AJ
especially the last tune of the mix

party on, dudes!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:21am
How about "The Damage Is Done" from Foreigner? Appropriate for AJ's reputation and for Robinette's "Economic Development Plan".
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 7:18am
what "damage", Vet?

I am not damaged at all.
I think that everyone has gone on with their lives.
Mike and AJ made fools of themselves.
Had nothing to do with "city business".

Business as usual resumes Tuesday--that is where everyone should focus.
Where do we go from here?

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 7:18am

From story in today’s eJournal:

“Robinette said he feels the city has made tremendous progress on projects such as the $7.4 million Greentree Health Sciences Academy … during his time.”

From “Success In the Middle” (The City Of Middletown’s 2008 Economic Development Report, signed by Mayor Lawrence P. Mulligan, Jr.):

The Greentree Health Sciences Academy will be an exciting addition to the campus when it is completed in 2009...”

I dunno, but it appears that either Robinette, or Mulligan, or both nay have taken liberties with the truth!!!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 8:38am
Mike, you are probably right. But with so little progress being made right now (at least for what I know), you have to spread out the good word over multiple years.

Really, I can't blame them. But it sure would be nice to see a more PUBLIC PR campaign in place. Seem all the effort is behind closed doors. Sure you need some of that, but what about marketing to the average SMB (Small to Medium Business)? Low cost office space, able to market and get employees from Dayton and Cincinnati.

For large Corporations, where is the marketing about our affordable housing market, central location on the interstate, growing medical campus, and large area labor pool?

I don't see the press releases. I don't see the marketing campaign. I don't see any effort on the internet to promote Middletown in a meaningful way. Nothing like CincinnatiUSA.com

If you are looking for people to relocate to Middletown, why is the city NOT using the internet? Why are Middletown's greatest assets being kept a secret? Perhaps the new guy will be someone who know a bit about making public your pr campaign.

Someone like Bill Murphy would do rather nicely. I know we can't get Bill. But someone 'like' Bill has to be available.
Photo: John Salyer, Fred Debiasi, Bill Murphy making rounds, visiting SMB in Middletown.

Grass Roots Economic Development in Middletown
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic