FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are You Kidding Me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 10:06am
With A.J.running wild in the city doing what he please's takes away from the rest of council focusing on the real problems of this town.Smile
He just needs to either step down or forced out IMO.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 10:08am
WOW SPIDER - it really saddens me reading your post.  I do agree that individuals going out after a meeting is their personal business.  However it became public when the police had to be called.  I as a mother of a teenage driver I will not condone anyone of any age to act in the behavior that AJ did. Applebees is not just a local bar  - it is a restaraunt that families also attend.  Do you think it is appropriate for anyone to leave hastily with an open container?  What if someone was hurt, would you change your tune?  It does not make it right just because no one was. 

AJ is 21.  I am assuming he has been out of high school for 3 years - which means he probably still has friends that could be in school.  He had the opportunity to be a stand up guy and a role model for the youth.  What kind of example is he setting for the Middletown youth?  Personally if he was my kid I would take him out to the wood shed. 

You talk about MLK speeches in your post - don't hardly think he would be proud of AJ today. 

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 10:19am
Spider, I am a little bothered by your post. I think you of all people know that I have never "outted" someone, even if I threaten to do so. I will put with anyone telling me to "do my job" I have one boss thats the man that signs my check each week. I did let mom get under my skin sure. But I am tired of people complaining about things that are said on this site. This poster is or was mad over something not even said to them or about them. I let many things go on this site that could be against the rules, but when I do that and someone says something someone doesn't like the cry to me. You cant have it both ways, either you want free speech here or you want me to enforce rules and delete peoples post.

As for the comment of a new forum, "spiders web" sounds good to me. Big%20smile
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 10:51am

I understand the feelings of everyone responding.

At no time have I condoned or defended any of the activities referenced or in question. I strongly dislike that kind of conduct, and fully expect the consequences to run the natural course. I will never defend drunken or insulting/demeaning behavior public or private. I have heard pretty much every detail of the other evening from pretty much every perspective. Didn't have to ask anyone. A crappy situation brought on un-necessairily and fueled by alcohol. Just glad that nothing far worse happened. Those involved will pay a price, believe me--deservedly. Hopefully it can be left behind for a much improved direction.

I'll just leave it that my thinking bothers some, just as some thinking bothers me.

No Bobbie--I wouldn't think that Dr.King would be happy with much of the discourse in this thread, or the actions that led to this discourse. And to be happening so long after his message and sacrifice. Just saddening. Please reflect on the message of the day, and how it should be the message of everyday. We shouldn't need a national holiday to experience equality, dignity and sensitive treatment of others.

Everything runs it's course.
Everything is finite--nothing stays the same or lasts forever.
This forum is what it is, and probably shouldn't be the only sounding board in the area, though it has been a wonderful source of information, debate and concept.

jmo---pounce if you choose.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 12:02pm
sj, no need to pounce on you. You make far greater contributions to Middletown, than anyone could levy criticism. You are exactly correct: many commit youthful indiscretions which are part of youth. My issues with Mr. Smith are not associated with anincidence of drinking, but a pattern of behavior which is beginning to add up over time, to become a concern.

The rally with the union workers was wrong, the other issues with a stop sign that he just stumbled on, after hour mingling which is fine, but led to an outburst. Such incidents become public, and hurt Middletown in many ways, in conjunction with the decisions made by council and leadership. There are no underlining racial tones nor motivation. Simply put- he needs to grow up and gain a level of maturity. Its not about him, its about the city and what he represents.

With your facilitation, we are reminded how much art we already have available in Middletown. Bravo to you for illuminating that fact. 
vannestmom View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 4:01pm
i just want to take the time while everyone is apologizing to say that acclaro and randy i accept your apologyClap. acclaro we all just need to keep in mind what just happened in ariZona. words means things and people will sometimes act on those words. A.J. is receiving threatening text messages. i hope everyone on here would be againist this. like it or not i live in the same town as you and my opinion counts just as much as yours. i just hope people give this MAN a second chance nobody is perfect right?!?!?!Approve
"think before you judge"
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 4:12pm
Vannest Mom - count it out this is a 3rd chance.  Personally I like 3 strikes your out. 

And just to state my opinion - Vannest I don't think you are what you say you are. 
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 4:20pm
Arizona and the politics of violence has absolutely no association with AJ Smith and his theatrics, nor did it play a part in Tuscon. Madness is madness, immaturity is immaturity.

I did not apologize---I stated your misunderstanding of the reference to "taken out" was meant, he needed to go. I assuredly hope city council or the citizens will put him on such a path this week. The drama associated with this young man is frankly, beyond pale, and acceptable behavior.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 4:28pm
bobbie i no you dont want me to b real. how could i be real right im not like you i dont live like you can but that dont make me fake. u and the others on this site dont like any one who dont think like you do so u try and label people fake. u know whats fake?  the way u treat people who arent as lucky as you all have been thats whats fake!!!!! 
"think before you judge"
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 4:34pm

Nor did I apologize

MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 4:55pm
lets get back to the topic and stop all of the name calling. randy u are right to not ban people who disagree. that is what makes this site better than the journal. they jus shut down. does any one know why?Confused i will continue to speak for the people who cant speak here even if we dont all agree.  i just think that this man deserves another try he represents the future not the past old boys club and this is y i think a lot of people are mad. they cant have it like they used to while A.J. is around and this makes them mad that a new sherriff is in town!!!
"think before you judge"
Concerned Citizen View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concerned Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 4:56pm
Vmom, people aren't lucky, they work for the things they want, you shoud try it. People are not picking on your boy AJ, he has brought all of this on himself. If you put as much effort into looking for a job as you do taking up for him maybe you could get off section 8.
Concerned Citizen View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concerned Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 4:59pm
so, now AJ is the new sheriff in town? Really!!! He is council member thats it!! When you and figure that out we willall be alot better off. How many chances do you give someone?
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 5:04pm
Vannest, if the "future" consists of a young immature fool who likes pretend he's a leader and union thug while having no higher education and no job, all while spending one half of his time on council to ask silly questions and the other half trying to raise up his skirt to show some leg to the fire union, then I want no part of the future!
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 5:07pm
WoW so now he's a the new sherriff Confused lord help us...Disapprove 
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 6:54pm

Traffic on MUSA is on fire and everyone is watching us, but that aside here are my thoughts as a citizen of Middletown and a tax payer, when it comes to Aj and this whole fiasco. 

I think Aj was wrong in his actions that night as far as the words he chose to use. I also think that he has made some decisions that have lead to other police involved issues that were not the smartest around. And with that said I think he should take any and all criticism that comes his way because of it. Should he resign or be asked too? I guess that is up to the people that feel that his actions are so detrimental and so out of line that he is not good for the city. Again that is personal choice for everyone to make on there on.   

If people want to show up and ask him to step down that is there right and again he should have to sit there and listen to every word. I will agree that people make mistakes in life and most of us have, but we also had to pay for those mistakes.

I think the issue is far deeper than Aj though and problems with this city run higher up the food chain than him or other council members. If you really want to see some change in the city building and if you do decide to go to tomorrows meeting and speak out against Aj, make sure you turn around and face some others in the room and ask them to do the same or ask council to get rid of them. Getting rid of one council member is not going to change much if anything at all. Again this is just my opinion and nothing more.

tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 8:37pm
Let him conduct the business of the people,how is this possible when he can't even conduct his own conduct.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by vannestmom vannestmom wrote:

concerned u dont need to know who i am. who are you?!?!? im who you all want me to be.  all i know is im being attacked for defending AJ when it wasnt him that was the source of the problem in the first place. it was robinette!!! just like the prior  postin of the police report said. if i  was the problem then they would have come to his house and questioned him. im sure they know where he lives!!! leave this MAN alone!!!! let him conduct the buisness of the city that people elected him to do!!!!
Speaking of Robinette, doesn't say much for his girlfriend when he is out in the streets liquored up asking other women to strip down naked.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by vannestmom vannestmom wrote:

do u know AJ? what proof do you have other than some fake article in the paper no one reads that he has been mean to women in words or deeds?!?!?!?!? all of you all keep saying that he disses women but give me proof! someone on here keeps talking bout how he has apattern of treatin women but he has no proof!!! im just saying geez you all give this MAN a break!!!
Could this be AJ's sister,just a thought.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2011 at 9:11pm

If Dr. King had sat silence and let things run the course, there probably wouldn't have been  any changes because everyone knows when you are dealing with politicans  they seem to find a way to sweep things under the carpet. The sqeaky wheel gets the grease.

bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 6:24am
The young brother has accomplished so much and represented the people of the second with dignity and courage. How dare you people judge him for speaking out?  is this the dignity and courage you talk about??         She advised that MR. SMITH
got up from the bar with a beer in each hand and started to leave. She told him he had to pay and
that he couldn't leave with the beers. He refused to pay or give her the beers and said
, ("f**k you) was this courage or did he do this with dignity?? i get the feeling that this is all you will get from AJ everytime you turn around!!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 6:42am
"As a concerned citizen and A PROMINENT FIGURE IN THE CITY" Rather a pompous, self-centered statement to make, isn't it?

Good one Rudy! Ever hear the phrase "a legend in your own mind"....it applies here. Bet the earth shakes under your feet too, right?

Oh, that change we can believe in you talk about, will come to Middletown, not with AJ alone, but with the gutting of most of council, the elimination of the MMF faction and the city building personnel starting with the city manager on down to the Director/Manager levels and the replacement of competent people with an entirely different agenda.

You sir, have a blessed day also. (All of this said with the knowledge that this isn't really the Bishop, of course)

Vet
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 7:37am
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Rpringle Rpringle wrote:

As a concerned citizen of the 2nd and a prominent figure in the city I feel that I must speak . Let us celebrate and rejoice on this most glorious holiday.! First and for most The rev. dr. Martin Luther the king would be proud of Mr. Smith. The young brother has accomplished so much and represented the people of the second with dignity and courage. How dare you people judge him for speaking out? Where would we be if Mrs. Rosa parks sat silent?
As a man of the lord I challenge you to stand with my brother and work with him. It's time for change we can believe in to come to the M to the I to the D to the D to the L to the E to the T to the O to the W to the N! YES WE CAN!!!!!
Have a blessed day

Bishop
Mr.Pringle as a concern citizen myself you say Mr.King would be proud of Mr.Smith?Sir,I have to disagree with you.Mr.Smith left Applebee's with a beer in his hand,getting into a car and speeding out of the parking lot. Thank God he didnt hit anything or anyone.Are you saying that Mr.King would have agreed with his handling of this issue?I You also say that "YOUR" young brother has accomplished so much.Please remind me,myself and I what would that be?Mr.Smith not once but twice now has put "HISSELF" into situations that has once again showed his imaturity.As him "SPEAKING" out,are you referring to him yelling "F" you on the way out the door?As standing with him sorry me,myself,and I will be asking him to resign his postion and also be asking council to vote him off.This city can not take no more problems.Hope to see you tonight.Have a great day sir.Smile

middletownlost View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownlost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 10:58am
Uh, the police officers are tired of dealing with AJ Smith thats for sure. Sick of his attitude and sick of his wanting special treatment. The things published in the papers arent the only issues with AJ. Its just the ones that have been reported.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic