FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are You Kidding Me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
vannestmom View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 8:36pm
whats even better is that A.J. fended off these attacks by you all from what i saw A.J. took it to that lady in the front tryin to call him out. A.J. is playin chess while all the rest of u are playing checkers.LOL
"think before you judge"
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 8:40pm
Sorry Vmom,,,I have anything to do with it he is going down. Wait me clarify that,,getting booted off council. I replayed and heard some of his question and he is an IDIOT! He tries to asked question to sound smart but he is an IDIOT!!! YOU and HE MUST GO!!! I HOPE YOUR SECTION 8 VOUCHER IS THE 1ST TO GO!!!Censored
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 9:09pm
dont turn this around on me. your buddys let u down its not my fault!!!! you all were making something out of nothing getting all fired up and nobody did nothing!!!! obviously it wasnt as big as u thought like i said once the truth got out LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
"think before you judge"
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by vannestmom vannestmom wrote:

dont turn this around on me. your buddys let u down its not my fault!!!! you all were making something out of nothing getting all fired up and nobody did nothing!!!! obviously it wasnt as big as u thought like i said once the truth got out LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Okay Dumber than a box of rocks as I said before,words that are unspoken gets more results.Take that to the bank.Oh Im Sorry you dont visit a bank,you have a Welfare card.LOLLOLLOLLOL
Get a job please Im tired of paying your way.Smile
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by middletownscouter middletownscouter wrote:

Originally posted by Concerned Citizen Concerned Citizen wrote:

As for something someone said about council should get rid of him. I am sad to say that we I mean they dont have the ability to do so.

Sure we do. Go to the polls on election day and vote him out. If people don't want to wait that long, there's a process to recall a member of council.

http://www.cityofmiddletown.org/docs/council/ordinances2009.pdf
ARTICLE VI
INITIATIVE, REFERENDUM AND RECALL

SECTION 2. RECALL.
(a) Any elective officer of the City may be removed from office by the qualified electors of the City. The procedure
for such removal shall be as now provided by the Ohio Revised Code and subsequent amendments thereto (§ 705.92 presently).

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/705.92
Quote 705.92 Procedure for removal of elective officer by recall.

Any elective officer of a municipal corporation may be removed from office by the qualified voters of such municipal corporation. The procedure to effect such removal shall be:

(A) A petition signed by qualified electors equal in number to at least fifteen per cent of the total votes cast at the most recent regular municipal election, and demanding the election of a successor to the person sought to be removed, shall be filed with the board of elections. Such petition shall contain a general statement in not more than two hundred words of the grounds upon which the removal of such person is sought. The form, sufficiency, and regularity of any such petition shall be determined as provided in the general election laws.

(B) If the petition is sufficient, and if the person whose removal is sought does not resign within five days after the sufficiency of the petition has been determined, the legislative authority shall thereupon order and fix a day for holding an election to determine the question of the removal of the elective officer, and for the selection of a successor to each officer named in said petition. Such election shall be held not less than thirty nor more than forty days from the time of the finding of the sufficiency of such petition. The election authorities shall publish notice and make all arrangements for holding such election, which shall be conducted and the result thereof returned and declared in all respects as are the results of regular municipal elections.

(C) The nomination of candidates to succeed each officer sought to be removed shall be made, without the intervention of a primary election, by filing with the election authorities, at least twenty days prior to such special election, a petition proposing a person for each such office, signed by electors equal in number to ten per cent of the total votes cast at the most recent regular municipal election for the head of the ticket.

(D) The ballots at such recall election shall, with respect to each person whose removal is sought, submit the question: “Shall (name of person) be removed from the office of (name of office) by recall?”

Immediately following each such question, there shall be printed on the ballots, the two propositions in the order set forth:

“For the recall of (name of person).”

“Against the recall of (name of person).”

Immediately to the left of the proposition shall be placed a square in which the electors may vote for either of such propositions.

Under each of such questions shall be placed the names of candidates to fill the vacancy. The name of the officer whose removal is sought shall not appear on the ballot as a candidate to succeed the officer’s self.

In any such election, if a majority of the votes cast on the question of removal are affirmative, the person whose removal is sought shall be removed from office upon the announcement of the official canvass of that election, and the candidate receiving the plurality of the votes cast for candidates for that office shall be declared elected. The successor of any person so removed shall hold office during the unexpired term of the successor’s predecessor. The question of the removal of any officer shall not be submitted to the electors until such officer has served for at least one year of the term during which he is sought to be recalled. The method of removal provided in this section, is in addition to such other methods as are provided by law. If, at any such recall election, the incumbent whose removal is sought is not recalled, the incumbent shall be repaid the incumbent’s actual and legitimate expenses for such election from the treasury of the municipal corporation, but such sum shall not exceed fifty per cent of the sum that the incumbent is by law permitted to expend as a candidate at any regular municipal election.

Effective Date: 08-22-1995

So just get that petition started, folks. From the counts available at the Board of Elections website http://www.butlercountyelections.org/results/files/nov2010SOVC.pdf there were 28,613 registered voters in all the Middletown precincts at the 11/2/10 general election. With only about a 40% voter turnout (11,571 votes cast) in the election, the number of registered Middletown voters needed on a petition to get 15% and force a special recall election is 1,736 signatures.

Given the dislike displayed for Mr. Smith on this board and elsewhere (both online and in the real world), it shouldn't be too hard to come up with that amount. The question is can another candidate be found to replace him that won't continue to keep Middletown's city government the laughing stock of the county?
Thank you.Will be visiting Board of Election tommorow.More info will be posted.
I havent posted much on this board before this issue came up.I have to admit I have read alot of the interesting topic's on here and their are alot of people that really,really need to either sh*t or get off the pot.If anyone would like to sign this petition when it is done let me know.We can meet somewhere.
stewieboy View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 11:59pm

lmao  i said show us proof that the police are tired of dealing with him. someone posted that now show me proof.  u cant Clown! now back to the business at the hand. i hope there are resonable people going to support A.J. tonight.  i would go myself if i could. let him be so he can conduct his business that we all elected him to do!!!!
I work for the city and believe me, the police are tired of him, his antics, and just his darn attitude. He is the laughing stock of most discussions when we talk about council.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Smartman Smartman wrote:

Mom,,,,Sorry doesn't get it when you are public figure!!! As a community leader you are held to a higher standard, unlike those with 24 kids and on section 8. Before he totally ruins his future he needs to resign, grow up and get his house in order. Maybe the 2 of you could work on that togetherCensored

He was held to a higher standard, he took it like a man, and admitted fault.  Nothing else has come of the matter, so I assume it wasn't a big deal.

You need to stop letting this little incident consume your life "smartman".
IMO View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 11:04am
I have to agree that AJ asks questions hoping to look intelligent, knowledgeable, and concerned.  From my perspective, almost all of his comments are disingenuous and shallow and simply reinforces his lack of maturity. 

For example, at last evening's meeting, he asked Ms. Gilleland for financial reporting on monies being spent by the City.  Apparently he is either unable or unwilling to read the financials that are routinely included in his meeting packet - perhaps he is hoping Russ Carolus will give him Cliff notes to read.

I think we should expect better!
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 1:17pm
AJ's next intelligent question will be his first.  Every question he asks shows how little real life experience and also that he apparently doesn't read or understand the council materials that are provided.

I could answer at least half the questions he asks and I don't bother seeing the council paperwork or watching  more the half of the council meetings.  Mulligan and  others must cringe when he speaks.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 1:32pm
I for one will be there to ask him to resign his postion.He is nothing but a young punk that keeps putting his foot in that big mouth of his---LMAO this was U!!!! where was u?!?!?!?LOL
"think before you judge"
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by LMAO LMAO wrote:

OMG you didnt go there.Class,by walking out of a place with a beer and saying FU on the way out.Disfused it by getting behinde the wheel of a car with a beer.What damn planet do you live on?Last I heard that was against the law.Oh wait A.J. is the law.Care to tell us what trap this lady was setting up?I can say it would be a safe bet that if he laid his hands on her he himself would of got his A$$ beat. He needs to land on another planet other than Middletown and hopefully when he does he takes your A$$ with him.If he isnt gone after tonight Me,Myself and I will Personally start the ball rolling to get him removed the right way.By Petition.Smile
[/QUOTE]

Hows thaat petition goin LMAO?!?!?LOLLOLLOLLOL
"think before you judge"
Concerned Citizen View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concerned Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 2:31pm

I would love to bad mouth Vmom, and I guess I could because I (if no one else does) knows that they are posing as someone else and in some cases arguring with there self. " I love Aj" in one post and then "toss him out" in the other post. Vmom, you should really think about who you tell your true idenity too, word gets around.

But I will say that people on this site didn't do what they said they would do and speak out against Aj att he meeting. Very sad, and made posters here look like a bunch of chickens once agian. SAD!!!

Vmom, knock off the BS, type like to you do under your other screen name, all proper. Grow up!!

FmrMidE View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FmrMidE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 5:15pm
Gotta' admit, I was disappointed no one backed up their stances in person. The phrase "all hat and no cowboy" springs to mind. And the "things are being done behind the scenes"-even if true-does not change things. I guess it's times like this where I'm glad to be a FORMER Middie.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 7:04pm

OMG you didnt go there.Class,by walking out of a place with a beer and saying FU on the way out.Disfused it by getting behinde the wheel of a car with a beer.What damn planet do you live on?Last I heard that was against the law.Oh wait A.J. is the law.Care to tell us what trap this lady was setting up?I can say it would be a safe bet that if he laid his hands on her he himself would of got his A$$ beat. He needs to land on another planet other than Middletown and hopefully when he does he takes your A$$ with him.If he isnt gone after tonight Me,Myself and I will Personally start the ball rolling to get him removed the right way.By Petition.Smile

[/QUOTE]
Going well thank you.Smile
Just for you and your other self.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 8:44pm

... there were 28,613 registered voters in all the Middletown precincts at the 11/2/10 general election. With only about a 40% voter turnout (11,571 votes cast) in the election, the number of registered Middletown voters needed on a petition to get 15% and force a special recall election is 1,736 signatures.
Just a few of points of clarification:
  1. The governing election, per ORC 705.92(A), is the "most recent regular municipal election". 
  2. There were fewer than 9,000 votes cast (actually about 8,600) in the November, 2009, election, Middletown's "most recent regular municipal election".
  3. The signatures of just under 1,350 valid Middletown electors would be required to force a recall.

I hope that this helps make the requirements more clear, however, I am not an attorney nor am I an employee of the Board of Elections (nor an employee of anyone else).

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 9:24pm

[/QUOTE]
Vannestmom has got to be AJ because I wouldn't defend myself as much as this poster has defended AJ.You have outted yourself with this much defense. Take a hike loser
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 9:53pm
sorry doesn't cut when you are a public figure?  That's ridiculous.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2011 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

... there were 28,613 registered voters in all the Middletown precincts at the 11/2/10 general election. With only about a 40% voter turnout (11,571 votes cast) in the election, the number of registered Middletown voters needed on a petition to get 15% and force a special recall election is 1,736 signatures. ...
Just a few of points of clarification:

1. The governing election, per ORC 705.92(A), is the "most recent regular municipal election". 

2. There were fewer than 9,000 votes cast (actually about 8,600) in the November, 2009, election, Middletown's "most recent regular municipal election".

3. The signatures of just under 1,350 valid Middletown electors would be required to force a recall.

I hope that this helps make the requirements more clear, however, I am not an attorney nor am I an employee of the Board of Elections (nor an employee of anyone else).

Thanks for the clarification Mike. I missed the municipal part there for some reason when I was doing that research.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic