FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dillard's is Done

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dillard's is Done
    Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 11:40am
May 31, 2008 may be the last time we see Dillard's open for business.

I'm not surprised. There is next to no activity at the mall.

And CBL & Associates out of Chattanooga, Tennessee isn't putting forth any effort in promoting the mall. They have to be loosing tens of thousands of dollars per month because their fixed costs are over their total rent revenue.

What will happen to the Dillard's building?
Will Elder Beerman and Sears follow suit?

There is no good answer until someone sees the potential in the location and sinks some money there.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
lfisler View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfisler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 2:43pm

Hi John,

Actually, when Dillard's bought McAlpins I stopped shopping there.  Every year at Christmas my family would joke how it was a "McAlpin's" Christmas because all the clothes boxes had McAlpin's on it and the clothes inside were from there.  When Dillard's bought McAlpins--the clothing went downhill and the I could never find what I was looking for. 

The folks that worked there weren't the problem--I just didn't like the merchandise that Dillard's was buying and trying to get their customers to purchase at high prices. 

Thanks to the internet, I can shop with slippers on, sipping some tea and at my convenience.  I don't go to a mall unless I absolutely have too!!!
It's the last place I want to be....

MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2008 at 5:11pm
It sure is a sad state of affairs out there. Sure would be nice if they had reasons to visit the mall. (like a new restaurant)

I feel sorry for anyone who currently is confined to a lease. The place needs a complete update.

Dillard's Closing store at Towne Mall
John Beagle

Middletown USA

Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2008 at 10:40am
Originally posted by John Beagle John Beagle wrote:

It sure is a sad state of affairs out there. Sure would be nice if they had reasons to visit the mall. (like a new restaurant)

I feel sorry for anyone who currently is confined to a lease. The place needs a complete update.

Dillard's Closing store at Towne Mall

This isn't exactly a surprise though. The mall has been going downhill for a long time now. People that are renewing their leases these days are betting the long odds, if you ask me.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2008 at 11:09am
I can't help but think that Dillard's is leaving because CBL isn't doing anything to promote the mall or market new tenants.

As a result, traffic count is way down.

Check out our live web cam shot of the Towne Mall.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2008 at 3:37pm
CBL had a great plans for the Mall - They were supposed to tear down part of the mall and build separate buildings like the Dayton Mall did - Too bad they aren't true to their word when they took over. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic