FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This place sucks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This place sucks
    Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 3:05pm
I received a phone call today from a local taxpayer who made a trip to the city building to pay a bill. When he asked the person at the window how she was, she answered; "This place sucks"! A disgrunteled employee? I think that is the opinion of 95% of the employees in the city. What do I hear is the problem? The City Manager! Come on Judy, go back to a wealthy city and make all of us happy!Confused
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 3:43pm
How 'bout that? Just shows that Gilleland is consistent. She is disliked in the city building and is probably not a candidate for most well-liked in the community either. All is not lost for her though. She has Sam and perhaps a friend or two who may or may not admit it.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 5:22pm
I know of at least a couple people that would like to have her sucky job so don't let the door hit you in the arseLOL.Honestly how many people have had a job that didn't suck at some point?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2011 at 7:20am
attended Hamilton's ice fest last night.
Try to always make it because the sculpures are way too cool.
Weather is perfect to keep these intact.
Tom Rush is scheduled to perform in Hamilton tonight as part of a wonderful music series.
PAC also 2day and Monday(unfortunately all talk and little substance...hmmmm), and
Punch Brothers at the campus tomorrow.
Middies at home Tuesday.

Town's government, economy and crime rate might suck, but we can have some fun if we so choose.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2011 at 7:55am
But Sir, much of the fun that you describe is occurring outside our town.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2011 at 9:51am
Fun is fun Richard, with Hamilton being a very short and easy drive.
The ice sculptures are most definitely worth the effort imo, especially if you do it at twilight  with the colored lights as backround. They do it every other year. Could Mtown possibly create a seasonal event for the in-between years and somehow partner?

My family lives in Houston. They drive longer distances every day to work, school and pretty much everything. Sometimes I think that we might be a little spoiled by how many great options/opportunities we have with less than an hour travel time.

Ain't much shakin' around here, so ya might try the good opportunities that exist. Don't let them pass you by--we seldom get second chances. The new MU-M artist series, companioned with the very successful long-term MU-H series is absolutely world class.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2011 at 11:22am
They do it every other year. Could Mtown possibly create a seasonal event for the in-between years and somehow partner?

Spider 
If they want downtown Middletown to survive it must change to meet the need and wants of the citizens. I think this is want is needed with Mid-Fest.
midres View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2011 at 11:11am
Hey Spider...Saw you and your wife last night.  I don't know about you, but I think most of the people there were not local.  There was a couple in front of us from Cincinnati who said that they would be coming back to Middletown.  In fact, I invited them to the MSO concert this weekend and they just might be there.  Wasn't it great to see this many people in Finkelman??!!??  The performance was excellent.  I can say that I have never heard Bach played on a mandolin prior to this.  This is the sort of thing that needs to be publicised better for our city.
midres View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2011 at 11:14am
Isn't it a shame there there was nothing in this morning's  published version of the Middletown Journal on this concert??  Also, I have found nothing -- at least not anything obvious -- in the online version of the Journal, either.
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2011 at 12:44pm
hey res--glad that you could make it and enjoyed the evening.
I was blown away by the young crowd. Mostly from the Cincy area.
Ticket sales for the ramaining shows are booming--also for the MU-H series. They seem to be feeding off of one another as hoped. Keb Mo is almost sold out--grab the remaining tix. He will be outstanding, and another major score for Middietown.

Thile and co. were a pleasure to be around.
Probably will never have them here again.
Lucky to have them last night.
Amazed at the lack of local faces. Disappointing is putting it mildly.
Didn't hear from anyone who did not enjoy the show.
You should hear the whole band do Bach!
Got some super photos from a great local photographer.

I definitely don't fit into the local political scene, so this type of thing is where I will be.
Much more enjoyable.

I promised to retire from this site, and have been catching flak for still posting.
Now that the MU-M series has taken wings, I will try to shut up and go away.
It is long past my time anyway.

What about turning WPFB AM into MUSA talk radio?

seemingly powerless View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seemingly powerless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2011 at 2:32pm
Too bad someone outed a specific person when telling this story.  That persons life is likely not too pleasant at work these days.  Sadder still is that he or she feels that way while at work.  I am a firm believer, you gotta do what you love and love what your do, if you want to live healthy and happy.  All jobs have their day and their problems, but this sounds serious.  Bad leadership causes this level of discontent.Ouch
once you know what the right thing is to do, it should be impossible not to do so.....Seemingly Powerless
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic