FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bar-B-Q Junction is Open

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bar-B-Q Junction is Open
    Posted: Apr 07 2008 at 2:21pm
I just thought that everyone would like to know that the restaurant is open. The Grand Opening is not for another week or so. However, If you want to try it out, now would be a good time, before everyone starts to find out!

They have 3 big TV's and two Projection TV's in the Bar area. I took my family there and everone liked what they ordered. Steph and I got a couple of appetizers (Nachos loaded with cheese and chicken, Chicken Quesadilla stacked with Chicken and cheese)

For my meal I had a very big Stuffed Blue Cheese and Mushroom burger and a sweet potato souffle. My wife had the steak and she said it was awesome. We both brought home left overs. The kids got a chicken leg meal. Ryan loved the chicken and the fried corn, and Mikayla loved the chicken and wanted more sweet potato with brown sugar. We all thought it was very good. In Fact, my in-laws want to go sometime this weekend.

If you want more info, let me know. Starting next week I will be learning how to bartend. I will be there every Wednesday. Stop by and see me.

Remember it is located off of Route 122 in Middletown, behind White Castle, next to Frickers and Larosas. Some people know it best by the "Old Damons". Check it out!

Scott Decker (also known as Mr. Decker)

About BBQ Junction
BBQ Junction is ready to serve you the absolute best in southern style cuisine. Ribs, chicken, catfish and all the fixin's including ice cold beverages and specialty drinks and that's just to start! Appetizers, sandwiches and great desserts are also on the menu along with a variety of authentic bar-b-q's. Whether you're looking for a quick lunch or out for dinner with the family you'll always find plenty of food and excellent service. Stop in for Happy Hour or catch live entertainment every Friday from 8pm-12am as part of our Friday Night Live concert series.

Hours Open
Sunday - Thursday
11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.*
*Food served until 11:00 p.m.

Contact Info
4750 Roosevelt Blvd.
Middletown, Ohio 45044
Phone 513-217-0813
FAX 513-217-0815

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2008 at 10:49am

I have only been once,, and the food was pretty good, but they had GREAT Saratoga Chips. Which I don't think any place in Middletown has had for the last 10 years. I can't wait to get back.

Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2008 at 11:18am
Oh boy. I  better get there soon.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2008 at 10:24am
I can't wait till Scott Decker becomes bartender. Another place to go and have fun. Good luck with the restaurant!
John Beagle

Middletown USA

Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2008 at 11:11am
Well I made my BBQ Junction trip, and it was pretty good. The pork could have been served hotter, but everything was delicious!
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2008 at 1:45pm

I have been once and I had the pulled pork sandwich. I thought about that sandwich last night, and of course wished I had another one, as I was eating some pulled pork from one of those plastic tubs of BBQ you buy from the grocery store. And funny I see the Saratoga Chips mentioned above. They were good.

One thing I did not care for was the odd little cork top used on the bottles of BBQ sauce that were on the table. The little cork caps were all gunky with the sauce and there was no way to easily sit them down without making a mess when I used the bottle. So of course I wondered how they, the cork caps, could stay clean.

Also I have spoken to about 3 people now, who all said they enjoyed their trip there, but all 3 said the food was on the cold side by the time it got to them.

Caps and room temp BBQ aside I still cant wait for a chance to go back.

.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 1:56pm
Been twice now. Much better the second time. Hot food and better service. Keep up the good work!
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 2:40pm
I've been twice too. Excellent stuff. Love those ribs. And the chicken...

...to die for. I rate it thumbs up.Thumbs%20Up
John Beagle

Middletown USA

Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 4:54pm
We went for the first time on Sunday, Mothers Day. Food was excellent, but the service was terrible.  I think there was one server, and then another came on.  Would definetely go back because the food was great
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 3:48pm
That's too bad that the service still stinks. When I went a month ago it was the same situation. The food was good though, maybe if they are still open in a few months I will go back.
mhowardx View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhowardx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 4:55pm
sounds great can't wait to try it tonight
Mogwa View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2008 at 2:23pm
I had the pork sandwich and it was delicious.  Really enjoyed the Saratoga chips and it had a nice atmosphere.  I was happy with the service that was provided and look forward to going back again.
Ernie View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2008 at 11:49am
Who might be the owner of this BBQ Junction???
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2008 at 5:31pm

Their website says the owners are Dave, Mike and Ron.

All I know for sure is that Dave is Mr. Schiavone AKA the Middletown City Councilman.

He was been there playing the role of a gracious host on each of my 3 visits.

As he has yet to come over and check on our dinner I am starting to wonder how much pork I need to eat before I get the chance to say hello to one of our elected officials.

: )

Ernie View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2008 at 5:42pm
I hope the owner(s) take notice. I hope they are they willing to serve the public like they serve those at the BBQ. But then the type of service you get is all based on the tip. I need to get there and see for myself just what is kicking on the grill.
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2008 at 2:37pm
I have been there three times!  - Love It 
They are adding a large outdoor patio and can't wait for that to open too.
Highly recommend the babyback dry ribs - ooooh my mouth is drooling.
mhowardx View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhowardx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2008 at 3:33pm
Does anyone know why the Damons closed down that was there before i thought it did good business when i was there, but i might be mistaken.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 1:41pm

Comedy Act Coming to BBQ Junction Friday Night - MiddletownUSA.com

Comedy Act Coming to BBQ Junction Friday Night. Friday, September 26, 2008 5:41: 13 PM - Middletown Ohio. Middletown’s Barb-B-Q junction usually has music ...
middletownusa.com/view_news.asp?a=3728 - 22k - Cached - Similar pages
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 1:52pm
What is City Council holding a second meeting this week to discuss Section 8......I know, I know bad Pacman...bad.Big%20smile  I couldn't resist.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 2:19pm
packman funny

lol
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 7:49pm
I am to depressed about the economy to even consider the BBQ Junction : (
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2008 at 10:53am

Sounds Great - I'm putting it on my calendar - Really like the food there and this is just a plus

mhowardx View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhowardx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2008 at 4:07pm

Check out BBQ Junctions Menu

Man all the food looks amazing.
Source here

Weekly Dinner Specials

Monday

Two Half Slab Baby Back Rib Dinners - JUST $27.99
2 Half Slab Dinners
2 sides [per dinner]
2 House Salads
2 Desserts [Key Lime Pie / Banana Creme Pie only]
Featured Drink Special:

Tuesday

Any Two Mix and Match Dinners [pulled pork, pulled chicken, brisket]- JUST $22.99
2 Mix and Match Dinners
2 sides [per dinner]
2 House Salads
Featured Drink Special:

Wednesday

Two Catfish Dinners - JUST $25.99
2 Catfish Dinners
2 sides [per dinner]
2 House Salads
Featured Drink Special: