FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just the names and faces are different

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just the names and faces are different
    Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 10:50am
Steve Price started as the Hazelwood School District's new superintendent in July. Since then, he hasn't had much time to relax.
Price has been busy working on programs and learning the ways of the Hazelwood district and St. Louis.

Before school began, he warned Associate Superintendent Mary Piper that she would be extra busy.

"I told Mary she was going to be running the district for a while," Price said with a laugh. "I've been going out, taking a ton of time to meet people."

After seven months, he found similarities and some differences between Hazelwood and his former district of Middletown City Schools in Ohio.

QUESTION: You have been the Hazelwood School District superintendent for seven months. Any surprises?

ANSWER: Not really. A lot of issues and challenges that we faced in Ohio are the same. Just the names and faces are different. The big difference is the size. Hazelwood has over 18,000 students. Middletown had 7,000.

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-journals/metro/education/article_329d26d0-d10e-5edf-856a-a90bc7bf51ed.html

Commentary: What an ignorant thing to say.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 12:00pm
Will be interesting to monitor the progress from Hazelwood. How long before Price gets on the "we need more money- let's have a levy" kick? Anyone want to predict when Stevie will lay a little love on the Hazelwood property owners? Anyone want to predict how long Stevie will last before he has the citizens, teachers and admin. ready to run him out of town? Let's see if he has learned anything at all from his experiences here. I feel sorry for the Hazelwood folks and their district.
SupportMiddletown View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupportMiddletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 6:15pm

You guys are at it again. Steve Price has moved on, you should too.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 7:41pm
Sorry Support, didn't know you had placed a moratorium on the Price discussions.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 8:46pm
Good Lord here we go again! Gotta love your negativity Vet,,,you are truly a piece of work. Sleepy
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 10:52am
You may not like negativity - but it is a relevant conversation.  This could clear Price's name if he goes there and is successfull.  Not to mention we can then reflect on what the issues are here that need to be fixed rather then just placing the blame on one person. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 11:40am
Call it negativity if you want Smartman, but I merely stated facts as to my comments on the damage done by Price while he was super. Also the fact that as time went by, Price started wearing out his welcome in town, even with some of his initial supporters. Hell, the school board, who usually turns and looks away, finally got enough of the downward trend. Price will probably take most of his job philosophy he had here to this new assignment. No reason for him to change in his own mind.

Now, if making factual statements has led to my being negative, so be it. If the actual deeds of the Price regime caused a bad scenario, how else would a rational person react, other than to be negative. Others (specifically you), may find a bit of sunshine in almost any situation ( rose-colored glasses disease again). I don't if it ain't there. I'm a frikkin' realist, and I call it and react to it as I view it and as I actually think it is. I don't see any "rose colors" in what Price did to the schools nor what the current clowns are doing to my hometown.

So I'm truely a piece of work huh? Hell, that's a compliment to me. I've been called worse in my life.    Frankly, I don't give a dam what people think of me now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic