FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$4 Gas Heading our way?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $4 Gas Heading our way?
    Posted: Apr 11 2008 at 10:50am
Premium gas at some Chicago pumps has reached an unfortunate milestone $4 a gallon and it's not even Memorial Day yet.  Is Middletown next?

No matter where you go to fill up right now, prices are already at or near an all-time high a reality that likely isn't going to change.

BP on Grand
Kroger in Monroe
Shell on Verity

Today have the lowest prices at $3.259

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2008 at 11:22am
When gas went over two dollars, of course now that was some years back, I had no doubt that prices of 4 and even 5 dollars per gallon were just a matter of time.
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2008 at 1:56pm
I just read a post on the Middletown Blog about gas prices. One thing that sticks in my mind from that article is the growing popularity of a 4 day work and school week in order to cut down fuel demands.
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2008 at 11:56am
Hard to believe that we were worried about the $4 /gallon in April, and here it is July and guess what - $4 plus / per gallon is a reality.  Nothing has changed, we just keep paying more and more.  When and how will it stop?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2008 at 3:16pm
Our group at Wright Patterson AFB just proposed the 4 day workweek to our employer- the University of Dayton Research Institute. The President of the university gave it a thumbs down.No reason other than to say that the campus (which we have no connection with) is on a 5 day schedule and we will work 5 days also. Nice logic! So much for the old employee consideration concept. Good luck to all who are trying to travel less to the job by asking for this schedule.
LindaP777 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LindaP777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2008 at 8:41am

I know gas prices seem outrageous, but it's nothing compared to Europe.  We were there last fall and rented a car.  We made the mental conversion from liters to gallons and from Euros to dollars and figured out we were paying the equivalent to $8 or $9 per gallon! 

So . . . no offense, but I'll pay $4 a gallon!
http://www.RentFromLinda.com
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2008 at 10:59am
I'm happier to pay less than $4 today!
HereIam View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HereIam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2008 at 5:03pm
It all goes back to the law of supply and demand.  When the prices go up the demand goes down.  I think this summer's prices at the pumps have been an eye opener for all of us.  We all need to take a closer look at how we use our vehicles and how we can help reduce the use of fossil fuels.  I know I personnally have started walking to anything that I can easiliy reach that is within a 2 mile radious of my home.  This isn't much, but it is a start.

Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2008 at 1:22pm
Linda, before you feel like you are getting a bargain on gas, consider that taxes on gasoline in Europe are over $5 USD per gallon. You are getting taxed in other ways here in the US.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic