FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AJ in the news again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AJ in the news again
    Posted: Feb 13 2011 at 11:01am
According to the MJ, AJ Smith allegedly failed to file campaign finance reports. He could face more than $42,000 in fines to date. A hearing is set with the Ohio Elections Commission for March 10.
Where will it end?
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2011 at 4:32pm
When they let him on the fire dept.Big%20smile
He just needs to crawl back under the rock he came from. A.J.Dont go away mad just go the hell away.Your a disgrace to the city.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 3:33am
I couldn't find this story anywhere in the on-line version of the local newspaper.  Must be part of the new "postive newspaper" directive from city hall and their behind-the-scenes cronies.
Oh well, I guess the city really is afraid of the "internet mob" with their "pitchforks and torches" (the newspaper editors' words, not mine).  Too bad the "good news only" policy doesn't apply when they are referring to us!!!  LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 8:56am
Also of note:
It seems that AJ and his campaign manager refuse to accept certified mail.
I would have to guess this is selective refusal `

Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 9:13am
[QUOTE=409]Also of note:
It seems that AJ and his campaign manager refuse to accept certified mail.
I would have to guess this is selective refusal `

That is such a smart idea - that will make the issue go away.

By the way does he have a job to pay for this?

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

I couldn't find this story anywhere in the on-line version of the local newspaper.  Must be part of the new "postive newspaper" directive from city hall and their behind-the-scenes cronies.
Oh well, I guess the city really is afraid of the "internet mob" with their "pitchforks and torches" (the newspaper editors' words, not mine).  Too bad the "good news only" policy doesn't apply when they are referring to us!!!  LOL LOL LOL

The good news policy will continue full steam ahead now that the Journal has a landlord (the city) who may, shall we say, cut them a break on rent payments???
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 4:09pm
Well the word on the street downtown from those in the know is….

Manchester Inn deal is not going to happen because the restoration is cost prohibitive. Hmmm isn’t that the only building that
Cincy State ever stated that they needed? Without the Manchester Inn brand name Middletown has nothing to offer Cincy State. imo

That the real reason Mr. Robinett left was he wasn’t doing his job and didn’t write all those government grants that were going to be needed for the
Cincy State deal? It seems he also had a problem with being a little to close with past vendors. So just how many skeletons did they find in his desk after his departure?

And then we have the PAC building and the fact that the construction still isn’t completed and no crew has been seen at the job site.

I believe its time for the city to give us some truthful answers. 

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 6:13pm
I hope you are wrong Vivian,it would just be too arrogant for these people to keep their offices if this is true could they really be that corrupt or just plain stupid? 
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2011 at 8:02pm
Say it ain't so, Vivian.  Oh lordie, if true you can chalk this up on the Mt. Rushmore of Middletown bungles, along with Lake Klosterman, City Centre Mall, etc.

How could Cincy St not have found out this restoration cost with a simple, and under the radar, inspection before this whole thing went public? 
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2011 at 5:48pm
Boy,
I sure did not see this one coming.....................................
Wots
Liberalism: Moochers Electing Looters to Steal from Producers.
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2011 at 8:55pm
The AJ story was only in the print edition of the paper, presumably part of the realization process of newspaper publishers that you can't give away content for next to nothing and keep your business running.  No good news agenda on the part of the Journal--those of you who want to read it will have to /gasp/ open up your wallets just a bit.
"Ask not what your country can do for you..." JFK
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2011 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

The AJ story was only in the print edition of the paper, presumably part of the realization process of newspaper publishers that you can't give away content for next to nothing and keep your business running.  No good news agenda on the part of the Journal--those of you who want to read it will have to /gasp/ open up your wallets just a bit.
Mr. Reason:
Are you aware that well run web sites can make tons of money via advertising, etc.???  That is how Google, Bing, Drudge, etc. have become multi-gazillion dollar enterprises.  I have been a subscriber of the local newspaper from the time I moved back to Middletown (in June of 1998) until just about a week and a half ago.  Once they irrationally ascribed the terms "internet mob" "armed with pitchforks and torches" to users of this web site, I decided their rag was no longer worth the cost of the wet paper they threw into my driveway every morning.

Since their online revenue is based on "hits", if they just as irrationally choose to reduce the amount of revenue generated by their website /gasp/ by failing to post some of the most popular stories, who am I to do anything but laugh at their stupidity??? LOL LOL LOL

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2011 at 8:34pm
Mr. Presta,
Have you noticed what other rags such as the NY Times and Wall Street Journal are doing with their online editions?  They are making the content more and more pay-to-view. 

Your comments about Google et al. becoming a gazillion $ enterprise are not germane--Google gets revenue each time a user clicks an advertisement that Google puts in their search results.  Google, Bing, etc, are in the search business, not the content business. 

To fill you in on the rest of the story: the reason why the NYT and the WSJ have moved away from the free content model is that the advertising reveues they receive are not sufficient to justify giving away the content that print subscribers have to pay for.  And, surprise, surprise, it's because readers like you (and me, and most people) want to get the content for free, and their subscription revenue is thus cannibalized. 

So are the WSJ and NYT also run by stupid people or is the Journal simply coming to the same realization that the others did a few years ago? 
"Ask not what your country can do for you..." JFK
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2011 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

Mr. Presta,
Have you noticed what other rags such as the NY Times and Wall Street Journal are doing with their online editions?  They are making the content more and more pay-to-view. 

Your comments about Google et al. becoming a gazillion $ enterprise are not germane--Google gets revenue each time a user clicks an advertisement that Google puts in their search results.  Google, Bing, etc, are in the search business, not the content business. 

To fill you in on the rest of the story: the reason why the NYT and the WSJ have moved away from the free content model is that the advertising reveues they receive are not sufficient to justify giving away the content that print subscribers have to pay for.  And, surprise, surprise, it's because readers like you (and me, and most people) want to get the content for free, and their subscription revenue is thus cannibalized. 

So are the WSJ and NYT also run by stupid people or is the Journal simply coming to the same realization that the others did a few years ago? 
What ever the reason,I also quit spending my money on the Middletown A** Wiper after 20 yrs.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2011 at 11:18pm

Mr. Reason:

First, as for The New York Times, yes, I have noticed the decline of the NYT both in quality editorial policy and journalistic standards as well as in circulation numbers. Perhaps the local newspaper could find a better model to follow. For every newspaper you mention with a paid subscription on-line edition, I can counter with two that offer a free online edition, for example: The L. A. Times and The Washington Post for big city papers and The Mansfield News Journal and The Steubenville Herald-Star for small city papers.

Next, have you noticed that the Wall Street Journal is a newspaper that specializes in a targeted subject???

To fill you in on the rest of the story: The Wall Street Journal, and many other specialized, targeted publications, have not “moved away from the free content model”. They never followed the “free content model” in the first place (except, perhaps, for brief “introductory trial” periods). The nature of their targeted markets and the expertise of their specialized staffs can command a subscription for on-line readership, just as their print editions can command a higher per issue or subscription price.  Surely you aren’t comparing the local newspaper to the Wall Street Journal, are you???

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2011 at 11:37pm
Mr. Reason:

One unsolicited piece of advice (that may be worth only what you paid for it):

If your the local newspaper would start providing complete, accurate, impartial, in-depth reporting of all meaningful local news stories, along with interesting, insightful editorial pieces, perhaps the on-line edition would get enough hits to generate a profit from the accompanying advertising.  Print readership might pick back up as well.

Perhaps the “positive newspaper, voice of city hall and their behind-the-scenes cronies” is NOT the model that best serves the owners/shareholders???
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 7:03am
Journal 3/11/11..

MIDDLETOWN — Councilman A.J. Smith will have more time to file campaign finance reports that are allegedly delinquent.

This is the second continuance granted to Smith — a rare occurrence for the commission, Hughes said

If he fails to file, commission rules would allow the enforcement of a fine of up to $100 a day for every day Smith has been late filing. His reports were due Dec. 22, 2009, meaning he could owe as much as $43,400.

“Right now, the ball is really in his court,” Hughes said

Wow, $43,400- a large amount of money to pay back if his only income is the $5000. he gets for the councilman seat.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 6:11pm
Its probably going to take time to make up a list of expenses and donors! Fund were probably used as living expenses!! $5000.00  a year does not go far!! Ermm
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2011 at 1:09am
Easy job:

Teamsters
United Steel Workers of America
United Retailer and Cook Workers of America
AFLCIO
OEA
NEA
Concrete Makers of America
USWA
National Physician Union of America
Acorn
MSNBC- Keith Oberman