FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

City Income Tax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: City Income Tax
    Posted: Mar 03 2011 at 7:22am
Wouldn't it be something to see if no one filed? Kinda like Proposition 13 in Orange County California a few years ago.

MIDDLETOWN — Failing to file your city income tax could cost you a tax in court.

It’s tax time, and while most residents remember to file their state and federal income taxes, many forget they need to file one for the city of Middletown, said Sandy Williams-Mueller, income tax superintendent for the city of Middletown (every town needs an "income tax superintendent", don't they?)

Anyone age 65 and younger must file their taxes, even if their income was nontaxable,..... does this mean that when I turn 66, even if I'm still working, I don't have to file anymore?

Don't forget to get those city taxes in folks. The city needs all the revenue it can get. After all, all the corporations left so the revenue from company taxes are gone. All the decent paying jobs left with the companies so the payroll taxes are gone, so all the city has left are fed bailout money, taxing the remaining citizens into destitution and what little revenue that can be collected off lower paying wages and smaller, poorer companies. They are grasping at straws now to keep the city afloat financially jacking up the percentage from 1.5% to 1.75% and are hassling the people by requiring people who made nothing to file anyway just to verify that they can't squeeze another penny from the people. Pathetic.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2011 at 8:14am
Middletown is the only place I've ever lived and ever seen that made 16 year old highschool kids file taxes whether they had a job or not.That in itself should be illegal.If you have no income or are a "child" why should you have to file ?

I heard about a homeless man who was arrested and charged with failure to file.He had no home,no job and no source of income.Now thats pathetic !
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2011 at 10:03am
Pathetic indeed Hermes. The city has gotten themselves into such dire financial straits that they are looking under their couch cushions for loose change to run the city. The price they pay for not preparing for the future as the companies were shutting down and leaving the city over these last 30 years. Not one of the city leaders, in any capacity, saw any urgency whatsoever, to combat the exodus of jobs and city revenue during the last 3 decades by attracting replacements. Now, with their backs up against the wall, they are nickel and diming the citizens to death because that's the only revenue source they have left with the exception of the HUD, fed handouts. Apparently, none of them are smart enough to know what it takes to attract any decent companies and jobs to town. The theme and image of a low income, government assisted, section 8 saturated, ghetto-type town isn't helping the attraction factor either. When will they all wake up and reverse this destructive thinking?   
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2011 at 10:04am
The homeless gentleman likely had a "brighter future" as an artiste if only you non-believers would front him a few quid to lease a studio at the PAC.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2011 at 1:30pm

Vet - Sooner or later all that free money from DC is going to dry up,Obama can't afford to keep entire cities on the welfare rolls like Middeltown.And I agree with what you said and I've said it before that the city never prepared for the day when AK would stop playing sugar daddy to the city.Then you have the paper mills and several others that went away and the welfare recipients,aka city leaders,were left with the look of Oh Sh*t on their faces.

I'll almost guarantee you there is coming a day when the city will have sunk so low into it's own pothole that Judy,Doug,Les and whole bunch of the others will be no where to be found.I have a feeling that the call will be soon to start abandoning ship.When this city hits the iceberg it will make the Titanic look like a rowboat accident.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic